Chapter 13

My Sister’s Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy walked besides Seulgi in the park, wearing a green wool pullover and a 90s mom jeans paired with her white converse. The two of them had decided to come to the park to paint since their painting night for that week had gotten unexpectedly canceled, leading to Seulgi getting sad and Wendy suggesting that they go somewhere themselves and paint. Currently Wendy was splitting her attention between Seulgi, who was taking about how great of an opportunitiy it was for them to paint the green landscape covered with melting snow, and the texts Sejeong, a girl Joy introduced to her two weeks prior, was sending her. 
 

"Hey Wendy, isn't that Taeyeon unnie right there?" The question Seulgi asked stole all of Wendy's attention as she looked up in the direction she was pointing to. And low and behold, it indeed was her sister, confirmed by the loud call of her name that Taeyeon yelled out as she too noticed them.

 

"Wendy??!!"

 

The two high school seniors started walking towards her, though they noticed that she was within a group of other people.


"Unnie," Wendy smiled as she neared her older sister. While it was true that she still called and texted her sister continuously, it never beat getting to see her in person. Taeyeon stepped forwards and tugged both Wendy and Seulgi into her embrace.

 

"MY BABIES!!" She said obnoxiously while fake sobbing,"THEY'VE GROWN SO MUCH SINCE THE LAST TIME I SAW THEM!" 
 

"Oh quite it unnie," Wendy said as she laughed and stepped out of Taeyeon's hold while Seulgi only hugged her unnie tighter, "you saw me three weeks ago during Christmas break."

 

"So what, is it a crime to miss my younger sister? You know what, forget you, I'm going to make mom disown you and adopt Seul instead!" Taeyeon exclaimed while sticking her tongue out. Wendy only rolled her eyes at her while chuckling, her gaze then moving to scan the rest of the group and freezing as she made eye contact with familiar doe eyes. The breath knocked out of her chest at seeing her again.

 

"Irene unnie," Wendy whispered as her eyes greedily drank in the sight of the older, having been deprived of her sight for the past six months. She froze, however, as she noticed her interlaced hands with another, her focus growing so that she can also see the girl sitting with her side pressed against Irene's, the two of them sharing a blanket.

 

'Oh.' She thought to herself, her mind flashing back to Taeyeon's words during fall. 'There is a girl indeed, and she seems to have already been successful.' Wendy realized as her stomach dropped. She quickly moved her eyes away from the couple, hurriedly trying to shift her attention somewhere else so that she doesn't start crying. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter