Chapter 20

My Sister’s Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wendy, can you please get the door?" Taeyeon called out from the kitchen.

 

"Sure," Wendy replied as she rose from the couch while locking her phone.

 

She had been texting with Jisoo, the older girl having sent her an ominous message that read 'I have something I need to tell you.' Wendy had asked her to explain and had then received a short message that just said 'It's about Jennie.' That had thrown Wendy into a loop, because while it had been increasingly obvious that Jennie was jealous by her and Jisoo's relationship, always pulling the older away while glaring at Wendy,  it wasn't possible that Jennie had confessed, had she? After all she had Irene.

 

When Wendy finally opened the door, she was met with the sight of one Bae Irene staring at her with a unfamiliar glint in her doe colored eyes. 
 

"Unnie? What are you doing here?" Wendy asked confused, trying to remember whether she had invited Irene over ever  since they had that movie night two weeks ago. 
 

"I've come to collect what you owe me, Seungwan." Irene replied with a smirk, a hint of glee colouring her voice.

 

"I owe you?!" Wendy was even more confused, as far as she knew she hadn't even been in the older girl's presence enough to owe her anything.

 

"Oh, so Jisoo-ssi hasn't told you yet?" Irene said with a raised eyebrow, the glee now unmistakable.

 

"No?" Just as Wendy said that, her phone chimed, informing her of an incoming message. As she raised her phone and looked at the message, her eyes widened comically and she choked on nonexistent air. 

"Ah, so she's told you now. Well I guess that timing doesn't matter anyways." Irene said as she brushed past Wendy into the house before turning to her with a pout, her hand over her heart dramatically,"What's important is that you, Kim Wendy, broke my heart."

 

"Unnie... what?" Wendy was flagburstered at this point, her head reeling from not only Irene's accusation, but the news that Jisoo delivered to her phon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter