Chapter 18

My Sister’s Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the end of the tense movie night, everyone said goodbye to the Kim sisters except for Irene, who was going to stay over until Monday when she will go back with Taeyeon to college. Joy, Seulgi, and Yeri left after patting Wendy on the back for finding a girlfriend and also praying for her since Irene was staying over at her house. They also made sure to hug Irene and tell her how much they missed her, a sentiment which was returned greatly. 
 

Jisoo and Jennie were the last ones to leave, Jennie insisting on leaving together since she needed to talk to her best friend privately. When it came time to individually say goodbye to their girlfriends, Jennie and Irene smiled at each other while promising to text about their business project that needed to be started soon. Jisoo, however, leaned into Wendy and gave her a tight hug, both for their benenfit and to make the other couple jealous. 
 

"Thank you for playing along tonight, Wannie-ah. I actually had a lot of fun!" Jisoo whispered into her ear.

 

"I'm not sure you enjoyed my company as much as you enjoyed making Jennie-ssi jealous, unnie." Wendy whispered back with a chuckle, causing Jisoo to laugh as well. However, Wendy's next words caused Jisoo to quiet down at how serious they were.

 

"I just want you to be careful, unnie. Tonight, watching you and Jennie-ssi interacting made me realize that you two's relationship is much more complicated than me and Irene unnie's. I don't want this plan to give you too much hope because at the end that'll only cause more heartbreak." Wendy whispered, pulling back to meet Jisoo's eyes.

 

"You say that you and Irene-ssi are less complicated than me and Jennie, yet you two are the ones who are more cynical about love than us. I think you should take this opportunity to talk to her, Wendy-ya, and try to heal not only your wounds but hers as well." 
 

Wendy only stared at her confusingly, to which Jisoo replied mysteriously, "Ask her about why she started dating Jennie." 
 

"Jisoo, come on." Jennie interrupted, leading to Jisoo finally pulling away from her. She turned towards Irene, giving her a smile before saying,"goodnight, Irene-ssi. Please take care of Wannie for me." 
 

Irene only nodded, the indescribable look still placed firmly on her face when looking at Jisoo, watching as she and Jennie walked out the door.

...........................................................

As Wendy finished getting ready for bed, she sat on her rolling chair, staring at a picture frame that she had on her desktop. It was taken during Taeyeon's last birthday as a high schooler, with Irene, Wendy, Seulgi, Joy, and Yeri crowded around the birthday girl, hugging her as they all stared at the camera with wide smiles. Though she doesn't mind the way things are now, she would give a lot to be back as a silly sophomore with Seulgi, able to see her sister and Irene daily as she dealt with freshman Joy and Yeri. 
 

"The picture does bring back a lot of memories, doesn't it?" A familiar voice said behind her, and even though she should be surprised that Irene had come into her room without a word, that special feeling that Wendy always felt whenever Irene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter