Chapter 26

My Sister’s Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That Spring

"Kim Seungwan," the high school principal called out, cheers erupting from students and parents alike as beaming girl walked across the stage to receive the diploma that represented her four hard years of work. As she reached the principal and shook his hand while clutching the diploma in the other, she turned towards the crowd and smiled, her eyes moving to where her parents, Taeyeon, and Joohyun sat. 
 

"That's my sister!" Taeyeon called out in pride, both her and her parents holding up cameras and taking pictures and  videos of the precious moment. Joohyun shook her head lightly with a smile on her face at Taeyeon's silly boast, her eyes focused on her girlfriend.

 

When their eyes met, Irene's smile softened, her hand reaching up to clutch at a full heart golden necklace that now hung around her neck, and as Seungwan started moving towards the end of the stage to disappear back to her assigned seat, Joohyun remembered the moment the younger girl returned the necklace to her, now a completed heart.

 

"Seungwan?" Irene asked in confusion as the younger girl lifted up raven locks from the older's neck.

 

"Hold this for me?" Wendy requested instead of answering. The two were sitting in the Bae's backyard, having gone there to get some alone time together during a night where everyone was celebrating Irene's birthday. Wendy had worried a great deal about the evening, not only was she meeting Irene's parents for the first time as her official girlfriend, but also about the gift she had prepared the older girl.

 

"O-okay." Irene replied, her voice nervous. She knew where this was going, after all the younger girl hadn't given her her gift yet, and if she was reaching for her neck then there could only be one possible gift it can be. 
 

As the now full golden heart rested against Irene's chest and the click of the clasp echoed in the empty backyard, both girls released a shaky breath.

 

"Oh Seungwan..."  Irene sighed softly as she turned around to face Wendy.

 

"I love you, happy birthday." Wendy said as she leaned towards the older girl.

 

"I love you more," Irene smiled against the younger's lips before pressing them together in a loving kiss.

 

'Best birthday ever' the raven haired girl thought.

................................................................
That Fall

"Ugh, unnie, you said you were going to help me!" Wendy groaned as she sat in between the many packed boxes that contained her belongings. She had just moved to her new dorm today, and had asked her girlfriend to help her, to which the older girl had accepted the request. But yet, while Wendy was working away opening box after box and putting things in their designated places, Irene had been laying on the bed using her phone, and if Wendy wasn't mistaken, the older girl was taking pictures of her.

 

"Hey!" Wendy stood up from where she sat and jumped on Irene on the bed, "where you just invading my privacy by taking pictures?!" 
 

"No!" Irene laughed while twisting herself away from Wendy's hands so that she can protect her phone.

 

"Oh so that wasn't just a flash I just saw?" The younger , moving her target from Irene's phone to her waist as she started ticking the older girl, causing her to erupt in laughter and begs to stop, which Wendy did after a few minutes. The two girls were now laying next to each other, their heads turned so that they could stare into each other's eyes.

 

"I just wanted to take a short video so that I can remember today." Irene finally admitted, reaching a hand up to cup Wendy's face.

 

"Unnie, I'm literally just moving into the dorm. It's not that special." Wendy said as she raised an eyebrow.


"Still, you're my baby and it excites me to see you achieving milestones like this." 
 

"Unnie I'm not a kid!" Wendy whined.

 

"Really?" Now it was Irene's turn to raise an eyebrow, "I don't know, Seungwan. Those Pokémon sheets say otherwise." She teased.

 

"They're just comfortable! Stop teasing!"

.................................................................
Two and a Half Years Later 

"Joohyun, please open the door" a drunken Wendy begged. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry that I went to the stupid party even when you didn't want me to go. But I just couldn't handle the tug war between you and them anymore. I know that you hate my friends, and that you don't trust them with me, but they were still good to me most of the time."

 

"Sometimes, they'll tease me, you know? Oh you've been da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter