Chapter 24

My Sister’s Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At this point of time, the courting had been going on for three months, meaning that Wendy's graduation and summer break were on the horizon. Wendy had worked hard ever since senior year started, and thankfully she was accepted at the same college as Taeyeon and Irene. However, this had raised some problems.
 

"I just don't understand why you would choose the dorms over living with me and Irene in an apartment?!" Taeyeon exclaimed in a frustrated tone.
 

This discussion had been going on ever since Wendy had gotten her acceptance letter a month ago. When Taeyeon had cheerfully told her all about how she could live with her and Irene in  the apartment they're renting next year, Wendy had told her sister than she would rather not. This had resulted in the ongoing fight that both Taeyeon and Wendy refused to back down from. And tonight, seeing as Irene was over for a movie night, Taeyeon had taken the chance to open up the discussion again, hoping that Wendy will finally agree if Irene was there to convince her. But the little traitor had kept shut the whole time the two sisters had been fighting.

 

"I just don't, unnie." Wendy replied with a glare.

 

"But it's the perfect situation. You'll be able to live with both your sister and your girlfriend instead of having to share with an absolute stranger who might end up treating you badly." Taeyeon argued back fiercely.

 

"Taeyeon." Irene shot her best friend a warning look. "Leave her be. If she doesn't want to, then that's her decision. Don't force her." The raven haired girl finally stepped in to say.

 

"Ughh, fine. Do whatever you want. But if you end up with a terrible roommate next year, don't come crying to me about it." Taeyeon left with that finale jab. 
 

Wendy let out a frustrated sigh as she brought a pillow up and pressed it to her face. 
 

"Seungwan-ah?" Irene asked in a gentle tone, her hand raising to  the girl's arm in a comforting manner. The younger girl just let out a grunt, but didn't make a move to distance herself from Irene. At the same time though, she didn't push herself closer either, which made the older girl's heart clench in slight pain.

 

Even if Wendy didn't say it, Irene knew that she was the reason that Wendy was rejecting her sister's offer to move in. And even though her rational side told her that what Wendy was doing was the logical thing, Irene couldn't help but feel hurt. After all, Irene had continued her courting for the past

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter