Chapter 3

My Sister’s Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seulgi!" Wendy cried into the phone,"she won't even let me near her, how the heck am I supposed to make her fall for me that way?"

 

"Well Wan," her best friend answered, "don't you think it's time to give up? I mean you've been chasing after her since freshman year, and now we're juniors and she's graduating this year. Maybe it's time to move on?" Seulgi asked her gently. She knew just how much her best friend is in love with Bae Irene, after all, she's the one that has to listen to her drone on endlessly about Irene everyday for the past three years. The worst part though, she admits, is seeing Wendy endlessly get hurt by Irene when she rejects her. She still remembers that day when Wendy broke down crying for several days straight after she confessed to Irene at Taeyeon's graduation party only to be told that she's not her type.

 

"Give up? Seulgi, how can you ask me to give up when the stars themselves have a home in her eyes? When the angels themselves lend their voice to her when she laughs? When the sun itself shines brighter whenever she steps out?"

 

Seulgi sighed as Wendy continued to wax poetry about Irene. She thought how about her idiot of a best friend couldn't string up two sentences to make a decent poem to give them a passing grade in their poetry project but is able to compare Irene's smile to the brightness of the moon on a spring night. 
 

"Seul, did you hear me?"

 

"Huh? Oh ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter