Chapter 19

My Sister’s Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So," Irene started, staring at Jennie from across the table.

 

"So?" The other girl replied, wanting Irene to be the one to start the conversation about their best friends dating. The two had met at their regular coffee shop to discuss something urgent, or that's what's Irene had told Jennie anyways. Irene, seeing the other girl avoiding her eyes, leaned forward before hissing,

 

"I can't believe you're letting your best friend take advantage of Wendy like that!"

 

"Me? I'm the one letting her?" Jennie exclaimed in disbelief, "Jisoo is her own person who could do whatever she wants, Irene, I'm don't control what she does."

 

"Right," Irene replied unimpressed, "because if you did you wouldn't let her date Wendy anyways." She raised her eyebrow, challenging Jennie to deny her statement, and Jennie did not disappoint as she finally caved in and started ranting about Jisoo and Wendy's relationship.

 

"She's in highschool, for red velevt's sake, highschool! Their relationship is basically illegal! And if that's not enough, they barely know each other. How the hell am I supposed to trust Wendy with Jisoo, huh?"

 

"Wendy is one of the most respectful and good-hearted people I've ever known, Jennie." Irene interrupted to defend Wendy's honor. "But I doubt that would make a difference in whether or not you'd approve." She chuckled in amusement at her friend's disgusted and annoyed face at the thought of the two dating. 
 

"I thought I had more time!" Jennie whined, but Irene only smiled at Jennie finally revealing her true feelings about Jisoo. Bae Irene was an intelligent woman, and it only took her five minutes after meeting Jisoo and seeing her interact with Jennie to see that the two were hopelessly in love with each other but too stubborn to acknowledge it. Sure, she knew that Jennie thought that she was pretty, but the one who truly held Jennie's heart was Jisoo. When Irene confronted Jennie about it after the burnette first hinted at a chance of the two entering a relationship, she only sighed before explaining to Irene all the unnecessary risks that would come if she ever dated her best friend.

 

"But you love her don't you?" Irene had asked her confusedly. After witnessing Wendy's brave love acts for the last three years, the idea that someone would be cowardish and run away from their feelings was an alien idea to her.

 

"I do, but if we entered a relationship and it ended then I wouldn't know what to do with myself. So I'd rather have her as a best friend forever than even chance losing her." Jennie shrugged back confidently, as if she had thought of this subject quite a lot to the point of becoming an expert at it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter