04: Seulgi's Wish

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" uh... good morning " Seulgi greeted Irene and Joy. She's wearing a cute apron with bear prints on it. Seulgi woke up very early to cook breakfast for the three of them.

 

" good morning! " Joy brightly greeted back and shamelessly pulled a chair for herself and started eating.

 

" don't pay attention to her " Irene pointed at Joy " treat her as if she's invisible or something " she continued and sat down as well.

 

Seulgi pulled a chair and sat beside Irene " I went ahead and used the foods in the fridge, you were fast asleep so I didn't get to ask for permission " Seulgi said and placed some food in Irene's plate.

 

" it's ok, use anything in this house as you please. You don't really need to ask permission to me "

 

" your name is Seulgi, right? " Joy asked, catching Seulgi's attention " you know, your relationship with that Demon is so twisted. You're the one who is supposed to be relaxing at your chair while she gives you everything you want "

 

" oh, I'm fine. She gave me a room for free and letting me cook her food so I think it's just fair to treat her good as well " Seulgi smiled.

 

Joy just shook her head as she giggles " you two are really twisted, especially you Seulgi-ssi "

 

" shut up and just fill your mouth with food " Irene annoyedly said and grabbed a bread to forcefully feed Joy " ugh, why did I end up having homeless people in my house " she murmurs to herself and began eating as well.

 

They began eating the breakfast that Seulgi has prepared, it wasn't grand or fancy, Seulgi just prepared pancakes and waffles but everyone seemed to enjoy it. Joy's stuffing as if she has never eaten for days while Seulgi could only just smile with what's happening.

 

" you seem happy Seulgi, do you love this house? " Joy asked and Seulgi nodded her head as a response " then you should wish for it, you can have a more massive house compare to this " Joy added.

 

Irene was attentively listening to the two, wondering if Seulgi will actually wish for it.

 

" oh, it's not really the actual house that I love, it's the atmosphere " Seulgi cleared herself.

 

" atmosphere? What's so good with the atmosphere? Having a two Demon in front of you, is that supposed to be a good thing? " Joy confusedly asked.

 

Seulgi shrugged " I'm not sure with the Demon part but the thing is, it's been a while since I got to eat with someone. My last memory of not eating alone was when I was four years old, it was with my family " 

 

" that's pretty sentimental. Oh well, human beings always have their backstory " Joy chuckled.

 

" is that so? " Seulgi chuckled as well, about to drop off her sad story when Irene asked—

 

" why? "

 

Seulgi looked at Irene, she didn't expect that Irene would be interested with her life " my parents died in a car accident so I was adopted by my uncle but he didn't treat me like his niece so I end up running away from home "

 

" if you want revenge, you can wish for it. Signing a contract with my Demon friend right here " Joy put her arms around Irene's shoulder " is the key " she added.

 

Irene pushed Joy away " and what happened after you run away? " she asked again.

 

Joy crossed her arms, looking at Irene as if the girl has committed a mistake. She cannot understand Irene at all, why bother asking her client's backstory when it's not really necessary? What is this? Does she wants to land a deal with her client or is she writing a biography of her client's life? Joy kept questioning Irene inside her head.

 

" I was put into a children's foundation, I thought it will be fun since there are other orphan kids like me but I was wrong. I put up with that foundation for a while and when I can manage on my own, I run away once again " Seulgi smiled but that smile didn't even reach her eyes.

 

" My life has a bunch of running away episodes " Seulgi added.

 

Seulgi's uncle treated her like trash and was only after the money that her parents left for her, it was a big sum of money but she didn't get a taste of what it can do with her life since her uncle practically pocketed everything. In the children's foundation, Seulgi was bullied by the other children but the staff there just turned a blind eye on what's happening so Seulgi had to put up with it.

 

" that's why you should sign a contract! " Joy exclaimed again, pushing the topic of signing the contract once again " wish for a grandiose life before you die, everyone dies eventually so don't be afraid of agreeing to a Demon's contract " she added while wearing her billion dollar smile as if she's selling a product.

 

Irene ignored what Joy was saying and just stood up with her empty plate to put it in the sink " you don't have to wash the dishes, Joy can manage " she told Seulgi.

 

" oh, ok! " Seulgi put her plate into the sink as well.

 

" hey! Wait! " Joy prote

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter