16: Having Desire

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" so you're saying that Wendy is gone? " Joy asks " I mean, not that I care or anything. Just... just curious " she shrugs " I wonder what will happen to her now that she has finally been captured. Will she dissipate? "

 

The two Devils are on their way to their chief's place. Irene was initially going alone and just going to ask Joy where their chief is residing, but since Joy is also going there, they decided to might as well go there together.

 

" she's gone for now, but she'll come back. I'll make sure she comes back " Irene said.

 

" hold up, you'll make sure? Why are you concerning yourself about that Angel? You're planning trouble, aren't you? " the Devil accuses " oh please, isn't it more preferable to not have that girl around? She's trouble and bit broken for an Angel " Joy shakes her head as she badmouths the Angel.

 

Irene glared at her, her ears felt tingly from Joy's use of words " say one more bad thing about her— I'll kill you and make it look like an accident " she seriously said.

 

Joy raised her hands as she distances herself from the Devil " woah, hold up! Calm down little Irene. Why are you getting so worked up about that Angel? I didn't know you guys became some sort of best friends " she giggled, mocking the hell out of Irene.

 

" Just... just keep your mouth shut and stop saying non-sense " Irene subtly rolled her eyes.

 

Irene decided to not let anyone know that she has regained her memory, she plans to keep it a secret as long as possible. She's not sure what may go down if someone figures out that she has retained the memory that was been wiped out from her head. She doesn't want to stir any trouble, at least not for now. She has a lot more to take care of, any danger and inconvenience is not needed for the time being.

 

" hi, boss! " Joy gave their chief a jolly greeting " I came with my role model, Irene, today " she added and comfortably threw herself on the couch, crossing her legs, spreading her arms and feeling so at home.

 

Irene sat down as well, observing their chief's mood. She wants to make sure that the chief hasn't caught on anything that's happening yet. Their chief is known to be a perfectionist and isn't generous at all, he's worst of the worst, a Devil with utmost evil nature.

 

" chief, about that newbie Demon you wanted me to handle, she isn't showing up. Is she dead or something? Did she catch herself in trouble? " Joy carefully asks, she swears if that newbie brings her hassle, she'll behead that Demon without any hesitation " What do you want me to do? Her disappearance isn't going to nullify our deal, right? You're still going to give me a job, right? " she continues.

 

Their chief stopped from reading some documents and opened a drawer, he picked up a paper and tossed it to Joy " your new client. Do a good job this time " he reminds the masochist Demon.

 

Joy celebrated inside her head and gave a sweet and alluring smile to their chief " of course chief, you can always count on me " she confidently said " I can do some additional job too. Do you still want me to handle that newbie Demon? Or if she's indeed missing, I can search for her " Joy offers.

 

" focus on your client and not cause any trouble, that's the best thing you can do. Stop putting your nose on things that don't concern you " the chief sharply said " if you don't have anything to say, you can go now and start your job "

 

" I'll go with Irene, who knows what this little furious Demon would do to you? I have to protect you chief! " Joy softly giggled and even winked at their chief. The man just ignored the annoying Demon and turned to give Irene his attention, he's looking interested to know what's the reason for the Demon's sudden appearance.

 

" I want to get my contract with Kang Seulgi " Irene frankly said.

 

" why? " the chief raised her eyebrow.

 

" I need it " 

 

The chief smirked a bit " I need a reason "

 

" I need to have it, that's my reason " Irene hard-headedly said.

 

" that's not reasonable for me at all," the man shrugs " now if you have nothing else to say, you two can go. I have a lot of things to do, don't waste my time any further " the chief said and got back onto reading the documents he's working on earlier.

 

Irene clenched her fist, she has to get that contract at any means, by hook or by crook. She has promised Seungwan that she'll protect Seulgi in this lifetime, she won't allow Seungwan's sacrifice to gone into waste and she also desperately wants to safeguard the girl this time around. But Irene wouldn't be able to do that if she herself is the threat to Seulgi's life.

 

When a human's soul is ready for collection, Devils would know it too well because of its alluring and succulent scent. The scent of a soul that's full of desire and greed is enough to drive a Devil crazy, whether the Devil likes it or not, they will devour that soul happily— that's a Devil's nature. Due to that reason, Irene's getting anxious about the situation, she's not confident enough that she could control herself from consuming Seulgi's soul when the time comes.

 

" I want to nullify my contract with Kang Seulgi " Irene straightforwardly said making Joy's eyes widened but their chief seemed to be unbothered as if it's not a shock and he's expecting for that to happen " so please, hand over the contract " she added.

 

The chief seemed to have gone deaf, he isn't even giving Irene a single glance and it's pissing the hell out of Irene. The man is just continuing with his work, flipping through the pages of the document that he has on his hands.

 

" hey " Joy softly said, approaching Irene who's shooting daggers with her eyes towards their chief's direction " are you out of your mind? " Joy questions her colleague.

 

" I. Need. That. Contract " Irene stresses every single word " I need that ing contract! " and she shouts but it didn't seem to threaten or even scare the chief off.

 

Irene stood up wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter