21: Last Piece of Memory from the Past [FB]

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[FB] = Flashback

 

Seulgi had to go through every memory of her life— from her first death as a human being till the last. She was reliving every pain she has experienced, from the betrayal of her own family, dying behind cold bars in jail, involvement in vehicular accidents, being murdered mercilessly, getting herself beheaded, and more. 

 

She's reliving her hundred and five tragic death that she has faced. It's draining her out and enough to drive her crazy, the pain is rushing back and piercing through her soul as if it just happened yesterday.

 

She wanted for it to stop and desperately beg to end her trip of memory lane, but Seulgi tightly gripped upon her last ounce of sanity until she finally opened the memory that she's been looking for— a memory that could answer every question and probably can save her and Irene from their tragic faith.

 

On the night that Seulgi went missing, God has nothing to do with that. Since Seulgi turned her back to the Creator, not even once that God has chased after her nor tried anything to retrieve her back. He could have stopped her, but He just decided to let Seulgi do whatever she wanted to do as He waits for the doom that could possibly happen in no time. 

 

Seulgi herself walked away that night, not because she's going to leave Joohyun for good, but because of her own selfishness. Seulgi isn't contented with their current situation, she wants to change everything— to get Joohyun out of that crappy temple and bring her to a beautiful place that Seulgi thinks Joohyun deserves. 

 

Living a simple life together in that temple is fine with Seulgi, but she couldn't accept that Joohyun could never see what there is outside of that temple. Seulgi wants to do something for the girl and search for her freedom even if that would mean she has to seek it in the darkest part of the world. 

 

If God won't be able to give the freedom to Joohyun, then there's one more person that Seulgi could think of— a ferocious man that could be as powerful as the Creator.

 

Seulgi showed herself to the underworld realm. The place looks indeed very different from her home, heaven. She, being an Angel, definitely doesn't blend in, she clearly looks not belong in that place. 

 

Seulgi knew she's taking risks, but for her, every risk is worth taking if it will benefit Irene. She's ready to do anything for Irene even if that will mean she has to make a deal with the father of the underworld, betray God and burn in hell in the process.

 

Seulgi's way was immediately blocked by a couple of Demons who has noticed her presence. They were looking at Seulgi as if they are hungry lone wolves, ready to eat their poor prey. The Demons were questioning her presence and intention—

 

" I need to speak to your Lord " Seulgi bravely said, but deep inside, her flesh is trembling in fear due to being in a foreign and dangerous place. If the Demons happen to attack her, she will be at a disadvantage because she is all alone against these groups of merciless Demons.

 

" what does a mere Angel have to do with our father? " a Demon asked.

 

" I have something to ask him " Seulgi didn't faze. Her eyes were determined and firm, she prevents herself from showing any terror and weakness. 

 

" We have no business with an Angel like you. Show yourself out of our realm before we do something bad that could stir up a cold war between our realms " the Demon threatens.

 

" I didn't go here for that " Seulgi calmly said as she spreads her gorgeous white luminous wings. It awed the Demons, their jaws almost dropped on the floor when they saw a magnificent looking pair of wings. 

 

" I came to barter my wings for something. Your Lord would be more than happy to hear what I have to offer him " Seulgi said in a very serious manner that made the Demons exchange glances to each other.

 

" Please let me see your Lord " Seulgi begs in desperation, but still leaving a little bit of pride for herself. The Demons nodded at each other before one Demon went away. 

 

When that Demon came back, it whispered something that made the other Demons calm down " our Lord will be pleased to meet you. Please follow us " the Demon said in a more polite manner now. 

 

They escorted Seulgi to the father of all Demons, Lucifer. Seeing Lucifer with her own eyes, Seulgi can tell that the rumors about the Demon Lord's appearance are all false. Lucifer looks dashing and enchantingly dangerous, he looks nothing near vile, he's ripped and his facial features are sharp.

 

" What an odd visitor I have here " the Demon Lord's deep voice sent chills into Seulgi's spine. Lucifer is sitting by his inferno throne with his legs crossed and fingers continuously tapping on the armrest of the throne. He looks very amused to see the presence of an Angel who has the guts to step a foot in hell. 

 

The Demon Lord suddenly stood up from his throne and slowly walked towards Seulgi, making the Angel step back a little due to fear and intimidation " my minions said that you have something very special for me " Lucifer gently caressed Seulgi's face that made the Angel flinch a little. 

 

" I need to ask for your help " 

 

Lucifer raised his brow with a grin playing on his lips " oh? I'm not a pushover to run errands for a little Angel like you " he said.

 

" in exchange, I will give you my wings " Seulgi's offer made the Demon Lord's brows arch up even more. Seulgi has definitely caught Lucifer's interest.

 

" and what made you think that I'll agree with your deal? " he asked, giving Seulgi a taunting smile.

 

" a Demon's wings cannot bring you to our realm, even you— your wings cannot fly you that high to enter our sacred realm " Seulgi answered, making the Demon Lord laugh out loud. His laughter echoes around the place, hauntedly ringing inside Seulgi's ears.

 

" an Angel offering me her wings!? " Lucifer mockingly exclaimed as if he couldn't believe what he is hearing from Seulgi " you're offering me something so important for an Angel— you're selfishly putting everyone in their deathbed by making a deal with a Demon! " Seulgi pursed her lips, she's well aware of how bad and wicked she is right now.

 

I guess this is how horrendous love could get. As I watch human beings, I sometimes wondered how much love can a person is capable of giving? I thought I already figured out the answer, but I was wrong. I only figured it out until I met Joohyun. Seulgi thought to herself.

 

" how awful you are for an Angel " Lucifer continued, sounding so amazed and thrilled. It's not every day he could meet an Angel walking in front of him to commit a grievous sin.

 

Lucifer looked at Seulgi, straight into her deep like abyss eyes " if I rip your wings out, I could go to your realm. I won't guarantee anyone's safety and you know that I'm capable of trashing your home and killing everyone in there— as for you, I may not harm you, but you could probably die once I pick your wings out. Do you still want to go through what you're offering? " he asks.

 

" yes " Seulgi firmly said and another wave of laughter could be heard around the place, Lucifer is even tearing up from laughing so hard.

 

" oh , you remind me of an Angel I knew. So stupid and naive! " the Demon Lord exclaimed in happiness " alright my dear Angel, what could I do for you then? What kind of service can I offer you? Ask me anything, I'll grant it for you " Lucifer bewitchingly said.

 

" I want you to get Joohyun out of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter