07: 2 Demons and an Angel

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy woke up earlier than she usually does. She went out of her room after taking a bath and immediately went straight to the kitchen to see if Seulgi has already cooked something for their breakfast.

 

" our dear Seulgi, what's for breakfast... " Joy's bright entrance faded when she saw someone other than Seulgi in their kitchen.

 

" oh, good morning Joy " Seulgi greeted " take a seat, I'm almost done cooking "

 

Joy pulled a chair for herself whilst her eyes remained looking at the unfamiliar face " excuse me, but who are you? Are you Seulgi's friend? " she asks.

 

" you can put it that way " the girl chicly responded.

 

" that's odd. I thought Seulgi is a loner, but all this time she has a pretty friend, wow " Joy shakes her head, putting a small smile on lips. She's subtly flirting. 

 

" I'm Joy and you are? " Joy initiated a handshake but the girl just stared at her hand, having no intention to accept the Demon's hand. Feeling embarrassed, Joy decided to keep her hands to herself and acted as if nothing happened.

 

Joy kept shamelessly looking at the girl. She had never seen any human who looks that beautiful before, it would just make sense if the girl is an Angel— Angels are known for their ethereal beauty. Everyone believed that God took extra care in making them.

 

But then, what would an Angel do here? This place is like a Demon's lair, Joy thought to herself.

 

Seulgi started arranging the foods in the table—

 

" let me help you "

 

" oh, no. You can just sit and make yourself at home Ms. Angel " Seulgi kindly said.

 

" Angel? " Joy interrupts " is that your friend's name? " she looked at the girl " it suits you so well, you look indeed like an Angel " Joy compliments but she just got ignored for the second time around. 

 

Joy is still unaware that it is an actual Angel that she's trying to make a move on.

 

" Do these Demons make you do all the chores all the time? Making you cook and prepare their food? They are treating you like a slave in here " Joy felt chills when the Angel glared at her but she cannot deny that those angry-looking eyes look so hot.

 

" they hired to me do the cleaning and cooking in this house. They are actually giving me a pretty reasonable pay for my work " Seulgi answered, subtly defending her two Demon housemates.

 

" we're not that bad Angel, we're actually a pretty good boss to Seulgi " Joy proudly said.

 

" isn't that should be the other way around? Seulgi should be the boss in here " 

 

Joy squinted her eyes and moved closer to Seulgi to whisper something " did you disclose our identity and your contract with Irene to that girl? Why does it seem like she knows us so well? " she asks.

 

" oh, is it something that she shouldn't know? I thought Angels already know the existence of all creatures in every realm? " Seulgi confusedly asked back.

 

" that's true, but humans who are named Angel doesn't count Kang Seulgi! " Joy sighed, thinking whether she has to alter the girl's memory or report it to the chief.

 

" human? But Ms. Angel is an actual Angel, she's not a human " Joy's jaw almost dropped on the ground and for a second, it felt like she froze on her chair. Her eyes slowly once again found its way to the Angel's direction—

 

The Angel raised her brow at Joy as she remained looking annoyed at her " a Demon who cannot distinguish an Angel " she mockingly laughed, definitely sounds like she's looking down at Joy.

 

On the other hand, Irene who's still in her room seems to be having a nightmare. She's sweating so much, frowning hard and couldn't move any part of her body, keeping her from waking up from her bad dream—

 

" Why are you here? You're making it hard for me. You know it's impossible for us to work this out, let's not make it even worse than it is, please "

 

" Please don't push me away. What else could be the reason? I'm here because I want to see you so badly. Have you really accepted the fate that He had given to us? "

 

" no... I want to hope but while pretending and fooling myself that everything will be okay, my heart ached in the depths of my chest "

 

" me neither, I cannot accept this! I wish I could apologize for falling in love with you but I can't. It would be like asking me to be sorry for existing "

 

Irene fought so hard to wake herself up and save herself from the pain of that dream. Thankfully, she finally succeeds. 

 

She immediately sat down as she catches her breathe " what was that all about? " with her trembling hands, she runs her fingers through her hair.

 

That dream wasn't disturbing nor violent but she felt as if her whole existence is getting torn apart. It was just a conversation yet Irene couldn't endure the pain that it sends to her, it seems like the pain was far worse than being beheaded.

 

Irene couldn't see the face of the person inside her dream, but strangely, she feels so pained and longing for her touch. It's been days since Irene started suffering from her strange dreams and it all started a few days after Seulgi signed a contract with her. 

 

What makes it more frustrating is that she doesn't know where those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter