10: Shards of Memory

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the kitchen, Seulgi and Wendy are washing the dishes together. Wendy insisted to help Seulgi since the girl is still suffering from her hangover. Seulgi swears that she won't be drinking any liquor ever again.

 

What happened is still so vivid in Seulgi's mind; how embarrassing she was, making Jennie put up with her drunk tantrums, Irene carrying her in her back because she can't even walk straight, how she back hugged Irene and blabber a lot of embarrassing things to her.

 

Seulgi frustratedly pulls her hair as a punishment for herself " hey, are you okay? " Wendy worriedly asked.

 

Seulgi sighs as the memories from last night came back rushing into her so distinctly " I was very drunk but why do I still remember those embarrassing things I did? " she softly grunts " I wish I wasn't able to remember those "

 

Wendy smiled, seeing Seulgi this frustratedly cute is such a wonderful sight for her. Wendy rinsed off the bubbles from her hands and dried it off in her shirt before gently caressing Seulgi's hair—

 

" you should treasure and value every memory you have right now "

 

" but... it's an embarrassing memory " Seulgi pouts.

 

" embarrassing or not, it's something that you can look back in the future... I wish you can keep your memory of me for a long period of time, don't forget me Seulgi  "

 

" of course I won't Wendy! You're part of my little collection of happy memories, I will never forget it "

 

" thank you," Wendy said and gently smiled at the girl. Wendy cannot hide how happy she is right now, but she couldn't hide the feeling of anxiousness of not knowing until when could her happiness last.

 

Joy peeked over at the kitchen to check upon Wendy and when she saw that the Angel is busy with Seulgi, she immediately runs and barged inside Irene's room. She immediately locked the door and faced Irene who's looking extremely annoyed at her sudden presence.

 

" that Angel is going to bring trouble to us! " Joy exclaimed as tells what she had witnessed last night but of course, leaving the part where the Angel suddenly kissed her. Joy still shivers whenever she recalls that night, she feels deeply violated.

 

" There are Angels who are chasing Wendy and she even confessed that she's a runaway or whatsoever! What if those celestial beings suddenly raid the house and we get accused of protecting that Angel!? " she hysterically said. 

 

Joy is a truly tough and masochist Devil, but she knows who she could and could not go against. She's a little coward deep inside.

 

" We are not going to get in trouble, it's not like we're hiding her or something. We're just letting her stay here, no more, no less. That's solely their business and not ours " Irene said.

 

Joy frustratedly scratched her head " are you not listening to me? That Wendy is being chased as if she has committed a felony in their realm! She's going to stir trouble if we let her stay here, we need to kick her out as soon as possible! " she stresses her point.

 

Irene annoyedly shut her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose. Joy's making her head spin " if those Angels indeed go here to collect that damn Angel then we'll let them. As long as we don't interfere, we won't get involved, do you understand me? " she clearly explains.

 

" what if chief figures out that an Angel is residing here? " 

 

" he will not figure out anything unless you run your mouth without thinking " Irene bluntly rolled her eyes. Joy doesn't know when to put a break with her loud mouth.

 

" then what if she will bring trouble to Seulgi? " Joy said, picking out Irene's attention by using Seulgi. Joy's desperate to make Irene agree to her suggestion to kick Wendy out " we don't know for sure! True that she's indeed an Angel but knowing that she's not a typical one, who knows what she's capable of " and that is enough to make Irene consider Joy's suggestion.

 

Irene knows from the start that Wendy is an odd one, but she is somehow assured that she won't do anything bad to Seulgi because she's an Angel. Now that Joy has told things that made her doubt Wendy's intention, she can't make herself feel at ease with Seulgi being around Wendy anymore.

 

" and what if that Angel is casting some sort of magic in this house? " Joy's conclusion is getting other of hand " have you been feeling weird these past few days? I think I've been having diarrhea since that Angel come, I also tripped myself the other day! " Joy's eyes widened, getting totally convinced that Wendy is the one behind everything.

 

" Irene, we really need to make that Angel disappear! " Joy kept pushing the idea.

 

Feeling weird... Irene then remembered those random and awfully painful nightmares and scenarios that she kept on seeing in her head. Now that Joy has pointed it out, it all made sense.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter