15: Sweet Kiss like Yesterday's

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi's class ended up pretty late than usual though she's not complaining about her professor doing overtime. She enjoyed the class and she learned so much today so she's somewhat happy about it.

 

" you're done for today, right? I have another one class left " Jennie sighs, looking so tired and already wants to go home " I want to hang out with you today " she pouts.

 

" hangout? Do you want to drink with me again? " Seulgi playfully asked making Jennie's eyes widened in fear. The thought of Seulgi being drunk again sent shivers in her spine. 

 

" never " the girl quickly declined, lifting up her arms to form 'X'.

 

Seulgi giggled " I'll see you tomorrow then," she said and waved her hand at the girl before leaving.

 

Seulgi rummaged inside her bag to search for her umbrella because it's been raining so hard since her class started as if the heaven is crying. It's just lucky that it wasn't raining when Irene walked her to school. 

 

" why did I have to forget my umbrella today? " Seulgi sighs when she couldn't find her umbrella inside her bag. She defeatedly gazed upon the sky, it doesn't look like the rain is going to stop anytime soon. It even seems like it's not going to stop until the evening since it's getting stronger and stronger.

 

Seulgi thought about calling Irene to pick her up but then she wouldn't want for the Devil to go against the bad weather for her " she might get sick... " Seulgi murmurs even she wasn't sure if Devils really do get sick.

 

With no other choice, Seulgi held her bag above her head to somehow cover herself and started to run. There's a convenience store near the school and she'll just buy an umbrella. As she runs with her bag above her head that seems to be not helping her to stay dry, she noticed a flower shop that she didn't know existed. There's a flower shop in here? How come I only noticed it today?

 

Instead of going straight to the convenience store, she stopped by the shop " these are very beautiful " she softly said to herself as she looks at the bouquet of daisy that is being displayed.

 

Since childhood, Seulgi has been fond of daisies, it gives her simple happiness whenever she sees one. For a reason, she loves seeing those white flowers with a bright yellow center " I can give you a discount for that young lady " a grandma said, the owner of the shop.

 

" oh, no. I'm just looking because I find it very pretty, I don't really have someone to give it to " Seulgi got a little flustered due to the sudden presence of the shop owner.

 

The grandma took the bouquet of daisy out of the rack and gave it Seulgi " that bouquet has been sitting in this rack for a couple of days now, it will be a shame if it will just wither. I'll give it to you instead " the old woman said with a kind smile on her lips.

 


Seulgi panicked a bit and quickly took her wallet from her pocket " oh, then please allow me to at least pay for it " she offers but the old woman just shook her head, gently pushing Seulgi's wallet away.

 

While looking at the grandma, Seulgi thought that the old woman kind of looks like Wendy because aside from they have the same soft facial feature, they both look kind and warmhearted " an old friend of mine says that daisies symbolize new beginnings, let's just say that I'm giving that to you to wish you a good new beginning in life and you can give that to the person you want to have a new beginning. You can give it to your lover, It may be out of ordinary but I think daisies are better than roses "

 

Seulgi briefly looked at the beautiful daisies in her hand and immediately thought of Irene— a new beginning... 

 

Seulgi took out a couple of cash in her wallet and quickly placed it in the old woman's hand and before she may even refuse and give it back, Seulgi ran out of the shop " thank you halmeoni! I'll come and visit your shop once in a while! " she shouted and run as fast as she could, giving up on covering herself, and instead, she protected the bouquet safely.

 

When she arrived at the convenience store, buying an umbrella would be non-sense because she's already dripping wet but she bought it anyway. She also picked up some chips that Joy loves and the chocolates that Wendy seemed to enjoy. 

 

" Would it be weird if I give them these even there's no occasion? " Seulgi asked herself. She's not used to buying things for others since she has no one to give it to in the past but now she understands why people love to buy gifts for their loved ones. She didn't know what has gotten into her but she felt happy to be spending her money for them and thinking that the three have finally made up, it sent enormous joy inside her heart.

 

When Seulgi arrived at the house, the lights were off and it seems like no one is at home.

 

" Irene? Joy? Wendy? " she calls as she took off her damp shoes and wipes feet clean " did everyone leave? " she wonders.

 

She went straight to the kicthen, placing the snacks in the table and the chocolates in the fridge. She took a vase and filled it with water before placing the daisies in it beautifully, she's afraid that the daisies would die if she just leaves it tied up together.

 

" where should I put this... " she then decided to put it to the living room where everyone can see it— our new beginning...

 

When she went to the living room, she was startled to see Ir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter