09: When Angel kisses a Demon

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi's been trying out a couple of clothes, trying hard to choose what will look the best for her. Tonight, she will be joining her department's party, it's nothing grand, it's just a small gathering of their college department but she felt somehow excited about it. 

 

She's already in her third year in college but it will be just her second time joining her department's party. The last time she agreed on going was when she was still a freshman and it was just because her seniors have been bugging her about it. She cannot really attend those parties in the past because of her part-time works.

 

Seulgi settled with her yellow shirt and paired it with faded jeans. The gal looks good especially in the color yellow, it compliments her fair skin. She brings out a bright sunny aura whenever she wears yellow even at night.

 

" Going somewhere? " Joy asked as she noticed Seulgi not wearing her usual clothes when at home " does your little Demon know that you're going out? " 

 

" yes, I told her earlier that I'll be going out with people from my college department. How about you? Are you going out? " Seulgi asked back because Joy looks like she's going to have a night out basing from her outfit.

 

" yep, I'm going to see our boss and beg for forgiveness. I'm so bored and I need a job " the Demon sighs. Her chief hasn't sought out for her and it only means one thing, Joy's boss is still pissed about her.

 

" I see " Seulgi smiled, wishing Joy a good luck " by the way, have you seen Wendy? I haven't seen her today "

 

Seulgi hasn't seen the Angel for the whole day which somehow worries her. Wendy didn't say about anything about leaving so it makes Seulgi wonder where the Angel went.

 

" no, and why would I even care about that Angel? " Joy sneered and even rolled her eyes " anyway, I'll get going now," she said and walked out of the house.

 

Joy's planning on negotiating with their chief or if that doesn't work, then she's willing to beg. The Devil's boredom is killing her, she needs a job or else she's going to get crazy. Besides, she wants to catch up with Irene and finish collecting souls and receive promotion.

 

Joy sighs as she walks down the street, recalling what she has done to piss their chief. She was just enjoying herself that time with her previous client but she went out of hand and ended up making a mess.

 

Joy's previous client was a gang leader of an organization who has been making money through selling minor girls. That geezer is erted, abusive, and indeed trash so in the process of collecting the man's soul, Joy got out of hand and end up gruesomely killing him. That man's flesh scattered around the room, his eyes bulged out of his skull and the brain was crushed as if it's jello.

 

But although Joy got her chief so pissed, she didn't regret what she has done, she didn't felt an ounce of guilt or remorse over it. She even felt relieved and happy over what she has done, she enjoyed the begging of the man, its agony and desperate screams. Those screams were like music in Joy's ears.

 

" Should I buy the chief some liquor? " Joy wonders to herself as she passes through some stores in the street " I need to kiss his so he would finally forgive me " she murmurs.

 

In the midst of thinking about whether she should buy something or not, someone suddenly grabbed her arm and pushed her to the wall. She was so taken aback that she didn't get to react and when the reality hit her, she realized that it was Wendy who suddenly pinned her to the wall.

 

" what the actual ? " Joy angrily said.

 

" shut your mouth " Wendy ordered, gripping tightly into Joy's arm. She leaned her other hand beside Joy's head and slowly moving closer, their faces were so close that Joy could feel the warmth of Wendy's breath. Joy could recall this kind of situation from the Korean drama she watched the other day— the thought of it made her blush a bit.

 

The amount of distance between them made Joy unable to make any move nor say anything. She couldn't believe that an Angel could be this close to her, she couldn't handle the idea that such a beautiful creature is right in front of her eyes. Joy couldn't help but stare at the Angel, memorizing every feature of her face.

 

" I apologize for what I'm about to do " Wendy softly said and suddenly leaned forward to capture Joy's lips. Joy's eyes widened, she clenched her fists as she felt the Angel's soft lips against hers.

 

Joy's eyes were so widened that her sight caught a couple of Angels running past through them and when those Angels have disappeared from her sight, Wendy also drew back, moving away from her. Wendy let go of Joy's arms and gently wiped her lips.

 

Joy remained frozen from her spot—

 

" thank you," Wendy said and about to leave when Joy held her arm this time.

 

" what the was that for!? " she yelled. It wasn't her first kiss but thinking that an Angel has snatched a kiss from her, a Demon, it's absurd.

 

" I needed your presence to cover mine, I was kinda in a sticky situation " Wendy explains and Joy remembered those couple of Angels running earlier as if they are searching for someone.

 

" Are you really a rebelling Angel!? " she exclaimed in shock.

 

" kind like that " Wendy responded with a shrug " but I kinda prefer to call myself as a runaway Angel "

 

 

" Seulgi, can you really go home at this state? You can't even walk properly " Jennie worriedly asked as she continues to look upon the drunk Seulgi.

 

" hey... please don't touch me, I'm okay " Seulgi pushes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter