06: Learning how to date

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene was gone for a couple of weeks but since she came back, she had never stepped out of her room. Seulgi is worried that Irene is still mad over what happened last time or maybe she's not feeling well.

 

" knocking on her door won't kill you," Joy said when she caught Seulgi standing in front of Irene's room for the ninth time.

 

Seulgi looked at Joy " do you think she's ok? I mean... does Demons can catch cold or something? Should we call in a doctor or bring her to the hospital? " she worriedly asked.

 

Seulgi wishes she's more knowledgeable about Demons, she wants to know whether Demons can get sick or cold and if they get their monthly periods that can stir up their mood as human girls do or what to do when things like that happen. Seulgi feels so bad knowing so little about Irene when the Devil has already known her so well.

 

" We can sometimes feel under the weather but we're not as fragile as human beings " Joy wrapped her arms around Seulgi's shoulder " don't worry too much, maybe she's just lazing around because she got exhausted from processing the contract," she added, hoping that she would ease the girl's worries.

 

" you think so? " Joy nodded her head.

 

" yes, so you should go now and stop worrying about that old Demon, you might be late for school " Joy patted Seulgi's shoulder.

 

Seulgi reluctantly agreed " keep an eye on her, I'll get home as soon as my class is done " she softly smiled and went on her way.

 

Joy shook her head as she watches the girl disappear from her sight, she feels amused by how much Seulgi cares for Irene. She has been living for decades but she has never encountered a human who looks very genuinely caring for a Demon because humans usually just treat Demons like their desire granting machine or some kind of evil beast.

 

" Seulgi is too kind to be a filthy human being, is she an Angel in her previous life? " Joy murmurs to herself. 

 

When Seulgi has finally left, Joy hastily knocked on Irene's door—

 

" Open this door or I'll knock this down! " she shouted but she didn't hear any response from Irene so like as she said, she knocked the door down with a strong kick. 

 

The poor door dropped on the floor, creating a loud noise and startling the room owner. Irene turned her head towards Joy direction—

 

" what the ? " Joy frowned, shocked about Irene's appearance.

 

Irene looks so dead inside, her eye bag is so big as if she hasn't gotten a night of sleep for days and her eyes were a bit swollen as if she has cried hard. The Demon hasn't even changed her clothing since she came back and her hair is so in need of a wash.

 

" I'm busy, get lost " Irene softly said, having no enough energy to even yell at Joy and just went back to what she's doing.

 

Joy walks towards Irene to see what has been keeping the girl busy " what the are you doing? " she questions her.

 

Since Irene came back, she has been watching Korean dramas non-stop. She's been glued in front of her laptop for days and has already finished tons of drama from classics to new dramas available.

 

" silence, can't you see that I'm busy!? " Irene annoyedly said and pulled a tissue to wipe her tears. She's currently watching 'Doctor stranger'.

 

Irene's been binge-watching Lee Jong-suk's dramas because she's been entrailed by how good of an actor he is. Well, it's a fact that Jong-suk is one of the top-rated Korean actors out there, he portrays every role he accepts sterlingly.

 

" Why are you wasting your time watching that? Have you given up on your promotion and decided to remain in this realm forever and watch those dramas? "

 

Irene glared at her " I'm doing my research here so I can finally get my promotion! "

 

" how's this even considered as research? How can these dramas help you? What you need to do is to fill Seulgi's desire, "

 

" I don't know anything about dating and these dramas will teach me how. Siri recommended that if I want to be great at dating, I should watch these shows " Irene pulled a chair and offered it to Joy " now shut your mouth. Sit down and watch with me " she ordered.

 

Joy sighed in defeat and sat down as Irene told her to do " I don't understand what's the point of this "

 

The two Devils have been totally engrossed in the show that they didn't realize that Seulgi has finally come home. Joy who was clowning Irene for watching K-dramas has gotten immersed in it as well.

 

" Joy? Irene? " Seulgi called them but they didn't even bat an eye at her and just kept their eyes glued at the screen to catch every scene of the show.

 

" What happened to the door? " Seulgi confusedly murmurs as she walks upon the two.

 

Seulgi got amused to see a rare sight of two Demons getting entertained by a K-drama but she also felt a little annoyed that she got so worried about Irene, thinking what has gone wrong with her but it turns out Irene just got engrossed by Korean dramas.

 

" Song Jae-Hee stop acting like you're a different person! " Joy yelled, feeling frustrated over the show.

 

" shut up! " Irene hit Joy " she has to do it to ensure that Park Hoon isn't going to get hurt! " 

 

" Irene... Joy... " for the second time, Seulgi tried to get their attention but failed miserably. 

 

Apparently, that show is so interesting that you guys can't even notice me, huh? Seulgi annoyedly thought to herself.

 

" if Jae-Hee will keep this up, I'd rather choose Soo-hyun, that quack, for Hoon! " Joy yelled again.

 

" Hoon loves Jae-Hee and no one else— " 

 

" hey! " Seulgi shouted making the two finally notice her presence.

 

" oh, Seulgi you're home? " Joy said as she wipes her tears away.

 

" I thought Demons have no emotion and now you two are bawling your eyes out because of that show " Seulgi subtly rolled her eyes " I've been here for ten minutes and you guys didn't even bother to notice me "

 

" excuse me, we have emotion, we're not cold rocks! We just don't depend on it like humans do " Joy defends herself " anyway, I have no obligation to notice you, I'm not the one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter