14: Damnation [FB]

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[FB] = Flashback

 

" The flowers are starting to bloom Joohyun, aren't they beautiful? " Seulgi happily asked, the plants that are used to be withering and dead are starting to come back to life. 

 

Joohyun smiled and nodded her head before giving the Angel a tight back hug " your presence made them come back to life. Well, if I am that plant, I would do the same, I'll come back from the dead just to witness your beautiful smile " Seulgi giggled at how Joohyun was able to make her feel fluttered with her words.

 

" There are a lot more beautiful flowers out there, it's a pity that we couldn't see it together. There are tulips, sunflowers, daffodils, marigold, lotus, and lilies but among all those flowers, I think my favorite will be daisies because aside from it's beautiful, it symbolizes innocence, purity and new beginnings " 

 

Joohyun rested her chin on Seulgi's shoulder " you're my favorite " she said out of context making Seulgi laugh in happiness. The sound of Seulgi's laughter is music in the Joohyun's ears.

 

" you are my favorite as well "

 

Joohyun raised her eyebrow " you just said that your favorite is daisies " 

 

Seulgi turned around to face Joohyun " shh " she hushes the girl and without any warning, she granted the girl's lips with a kiss. Seulgi felt Joohyun's lips formed a smile.

 

Their days continued very peacefully but as those peaceful days go by, Joohyun couldn't help but feel anxious. Their days are too perfect to be true that it gives her a bad feeling about what tomorrow could bring them and the day that Joohyun's been thinking and worrying about has finally come sooner than she has expected. 

 

In the middle of the night, Joohyun woke up without Seulgi beside her. Panic has filled her whole body, she immediately stood up from the mattress " Seulgi? " she calls but there is no trace of Seulgi being around. Joohyun immediately run outside the temple, circling around, trying to find where Seulgi went—

 

" Seulgi! " she shouts on top of her lungs. She looked at every room in the temple and even around the garden but there's no Seulgi that could be found. 

 

" Seulgi! Where are you!? " Joohyun repeatedly shouts, tirelessly going back and forth in the hope of seeing Seulgi but the Angel has completely disappeared.

 

The night has gone by but Joohyun didn't stop searching for the Angel, she searched and searched till her feet bleeds out because she didn't even think about wearing anything for her feet. All she could think at that moment is finding Seulgi.

 

Joohyun collapsed in front of the temple, she looks completely ruined and lost— how can I lost her when I've always been tightly holding her, she blames herself as tears started flowing out of her eyes. She remained seated on the ground, blankly gazing through the entrance of the temple, hoping that Seulgi would find her way back to her.

 

Days had passed, Joohyun remained in the same exact spot, in front of the temple. She hasn't eaten nor drunk anything since Seulgi disappeared. Her lips and face went pale, the wounds on her feet were left untreated and her eyes were swollen upon crying endlessly. She's definitely wrecked.

 

" why? " she murmurs as her fist clench " what did I do to deserve this!? I've been patiently waiting for You and never desired anything. I've been enduring all the loneliness and pain of being alone for decades! " she shouts, using up the remaining strength she has to question God about her unfortunate life.

 

" All I ever wanted is to be with her, be with my friends. Why can't I have at least a little happiness!? Will it kill you to see me smile!? Why do you hate me that much when all I ever do is respect and wait for You!? " she's losing control over herself as anger and hatred start to fill her heart.

 

Joohyun tried to stand up, clenching her fist so tight that her nails had pierced into her skin. Her eyes started to fill with hatred and abhorrence " to whoever can grant me powers to go against that petty God, provide me and I shall tear this paradise apart " she growls in anger.

 

" provide me power and I shall conquer this realm for you, I don't care if you're evil or not, lend me your power " the wind blew vigorously, the flowers that Seulgi and Joohyun bloomed has gone into the wind and the temple that the three friends tried to restore got wrecked all over again.

 

Joohyun could feel the power that has bestowed upon her, her veins felt like it's going to pop any minute but the taste of the strength she's having inside her is enough to drive her mad. The color of her eyes turned into two different colors, her right eye turned white while the other became crimson red that's screaming bloody murder. The back of her satin dress tore off as her wings spread, showing two different pairs of wings. One is a typical white magnificent wing that Angels have while the other looks gruesome and hideous in the color of blood.

 

Joohyun began to take steps, she's finally stepping outside of the temple she's been locked in for decades. She has behaved enough— He turned me into this, this is all His fault and now He's going to have a taste of what kind of a monster I am.

 

Screaming and frightened Angels welcomed Joohyun. The eyes of every celestial being that could see Joohyun were immediately filled with terror and alarm. The powerful presence of Joohyun is enough to send horror in their whole body—

 

" Wha... what are you!? " the horrific form of Joohyun made the Angel stutter.

 

" present me your God," Joohyun ordered but everyone seemed to be frozen to even speak a word " show me where the God is! " Joohyun resounding shout made everyone froze. When no one dared to open their mouths, Joohyun started to get aggressive.

 

Joohyun began picking Angels by their neck, crushing and throwing them as if they were objects. She's giving no mercy to any Angels especially those who have chosen to garner the courage to fight back to her " a monster like you shouldn't be in here! Fear our Father and begone! " the Angel shouted as she chokes from Joohyun's tight hold on her neck.

 

" that Father you're calling, if He loves you and everyone in here then why is He nowhere to be found? Why isn't He saving all of yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter