20: Out of Control

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy woke up and to her surprise, Seulgi is not in the kitchen and there is still no breakfast cooked. She scratched the back of her head and wondered if Seulgi overslept or if she went out early for school. After stretching for a bit, Joy decided to barge inside Irene's room, she wants to eat breakfast and there's no way in hell she'll go and eat outside alone.

 

" Irene, let's go and eat out— " Joy didn't get to finish what she's about to say when she got welcomed by a shocking scene as soon as she opened Irene's bedroom door. The Demon's jaw almost dropped on the floor when she saw Seulgi on Irene's bed, they are cozily cuddling as they sleep together peacefully.

 

Joy rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, thinking about what she will do about the two.

 

" wake up little hoes! " Joy shouts as she pulls away the blanket covering Seulgi and Irene. Fortunately, the two girls are fully clothed because if that wasn't the case, Joy will definitely go hysterical. 

 

" oh c'mon, look at the time! Its time for breakfast, the important meal of the day! Cuddling won't fill our stomachs here, get up now! " Joy is sounding like a grumpy mother-in-law.

 

Seulgi slowly opened her eyes, she even had the guts to give Joy a sweet smile which made the Demon raise her brow. 

 

" good morning " Seulgi softly greeted as she yawns, but when she realized where she is and who is lying beside her, she immediately panicked and got up from the bed as her cheeks began to feel on fire.


Irene also woke up when Seulgi got up from the bed, her brows immediately furrowed as she tries hard to open her sleepy eyes.

 

" you guys have to consider that there is someone else living in this house " Joy continued nagging as she bluntly rolls her eyes.

 

" and you have to know the concept of privacy— what are you even doing inside my room? " Irene annoyedly said as she rolls her eyes back at Joy. The cat and dog duo have started their daily fight once again and Seulgi knows that she has to break it up before it may even get out of hand.

 

" uhh... look at the time! I should go and cook breakfast now " Seulgi exclaimed as looks at her wrist to look at her imaginary wristwatch " c'mon Joy, let's go to the kitchen now " she added and pulled the Demon out of Irene's room.

 

" at least brush your teeth before cooking! " Joy complains as she lets Seulgi drag her to the kitchen.

 

During breakfast, Joy continued nagging at the two until Seulgi and Irene have become tired of it and decided to ignore the hell out of her. Seulgi didn't really plan on sleeping in Irene's room, she is going back to her own room last night but then she got so comfortable as Irene her hair until unknowingly, she fell asleep.

 

After breakfast, Seulgi found an excuse to escape from Joy's blabbering. 

 

" you have no classes today, where are you going? " Irene asked.

 

" I'm going to visit the flower shop nearby, I want to help the owner clean up or make bouquets. I feel bad for her because no one is visiting her shop even her flowers are very beautiful " Seulgi sympathetically said as she sighs. For some reason, she's very fond of the old woman who owns the flower shop.

 

When Seulgi arrived at the flower shop, she was confused when she saw the racks outside the shop empty " did someone bought all her flowers today? " she asks herself and the idea of that immediately brought relief into her heart.

 

Seulgi entered the shop and a frown quickly appeared on her face when she saw the whole place practically empty— there are no single flowers left displayed in the shop " halmeoni? " Seulgi approached the old woman who's busy making a bouquet.

 

" oh! " the old woman exclaimed with a beautiful smile when she saw Seulgi " I'm still making your bouquet, sit down there and wait for me to finish," she said and Seulgi obediently followed.

 

" what happened halmeoni? Where are the flowers? Why is the place very empty? " Seulgi continuously asks.

 

" oh, about that— it's because I need to leave "

 

" why? Is it because of your low sales? Are you just renting this shop? I can lend you some money if you will allow " Seulgi worriedly said, but the old woman just shook her head, still wearing her soft smile.

 

" I need to go back home " the old woman glanced at Seulgi " the reason why I came here is not that I want to make money, I came here because of an old friend of mine, but it seems like she doesn't recognize me. My time is up in here so I have no other choice but to go back home now "

 

Seulgi couldn't bear to look at how the old woman's eyes look so sad, it pinches her heart so bad.

 

" Seulgi " 

 

" hmm? " Seulgi hummed as a response.

 

" do you have any wish right now? " the old lady randomly asked.

 

Seulgi pondered a bit as a sad smile appears on her lips " I don't usually think about stuff that I want or like to have, but right now, I actually have a couple of wishes— I want to regain the memory that I've lost and just continue being happy with the one I love along with our friends. It's not something that I can buy with money so I don't really know how I can make that possible " she sighs.

 

" here, I finished the bouquet for you— the last bouquet that I could give you " the old woman proudly lifted up the beautiful bouquet of chrysanthemum. 

 

Seulgi stood up and took the bouquet from the old woman " it looks beautiful " she murmurs as she admires how beautiful the flowers are " what kind of flowers are these halmeoni? What do these flowers means? " she asks.

 

" that is called chrysanthemum, it represents support, which can also turn over into friendship. Giving chrysanthemum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter