03: Your Demon

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" good morning my fellow Demon " Irene immediately rolled her eyes at the sight of Joy in front of her. 

 

Irene's currently having a nice breakfast at the nearby cafe where Seulgi lives when Joy suddenly appeared out of nowhere as she usually does.

 

" what do you want? " Irene irritably asked as she pretends to be reading a newspaper to show Joy that she ain't interested in her presence even a bit.

 

" how cold " Joy pouted and took Irene's coffee to drink without permission.

 

" I'm just here to tell you something you surely need to know because I'm concerned, but it looks like you don't need my concern " Joy acted so disappointed, sighing and subtly glancing at Irene to see her friend's reaction.

 

" what? " Irene asked, giving Joy a bit of her attention now.

 

The bait has been taken— Joy smugly smirked inside of her head.

 

" My mind has changed, I'm not sharing it with you " Joy crossed her legs, looking very chic. She's dragging it to see how far could Irene go to know what she has on her sleeves " but if you act cute maybe my mind will change, who knows? " she shrugs with a cheeky smile on her lips.

 

Irene rolled her eyes " whatever, I don't need it. Get out of my sight now "

 

Joy leaned on the table, moving closer to Irene " hmm? Are you sure you don't need it? Even this is about your dear client? " and that took every ounce of Irene's attention. 

 

Bingo— Joy happily exclaimed to herself.

 

" ok, if you're not going to act cute then will you give me a room in your house? " Joy negotiates.

 

" what the hell? You have your own house " Irene frowned.

 

Joy sighed and moved away from Irene, slouching on her seat " it makes me feel lonely living alone in that huge manor " she dramatically pouts.

 

" lonely? " Irene snort a little making Joy roll her eyes this time.

 

" ok, fine, I'll tell you the truth. Chief kicked me out of my own house. He said he's done with my and now cutting all my resources in this human realm to punish me. He took everything, my house, money and he didn't even bother to leave something for my food expense! " Joy eventually cut the chase " so, will you give me a room or not? " she demandingly asked.

 

Chief Demons are the ones in charge of introducing clients, giving an allowance, house, and other things to Demons who are staying in the human realm. They are pretty much the boss for Demons like Irene and Joy.

 

" depends on what information you have " Irene smirked, seeing her advantage over Joy " if what you're about to say is something useful then I probably would let you stay at my house, who knows? " Irene shrugs.

 

Joy sighed as she curses Irene inside her mind. Teasing Irene is fun and all until she drives you to the edge. 

 

" well, I saw your little client talking to an Angel yesterday. They were acting chummy with each other, that Angel might have sabotaged your job so if I were you, I'll be rushing to my client and make her sign the contract by hook or by crook "

 

Irene's eyes widened, she didn't expect that an Angel would get in her way that fast. And by knowing how naive Seulgi is, Irene's pretty sure that her client has already got influenced and swayed by that Angel. 

 

Irene's flesh trembled and began to broke into sweats, she is pretty damn sure that she's doomed.

 

" I think my information is good enough, right? " Joy stood up " I'll be moving my things to your house now," she said, feeling happy that she won't be sleeping in the cold street for now.

 

" you're really a useless prick. You didn't even stop or tried to interrupt them!? " Irene annoyedly said " if this contract falls through, I swear I'll hunt you down "

 

Joy huffs, she couldn't believe that Irene's blaming her for it.

 

" what do you want me to do? Go head on head with an Angel? I'm not that concerned about your welfare to get myself beaten up " Joy shakes her head. 

 

Demons might be powerful but they are no match compared to a servant of God.

 

Irene glared at Joy and angrily threw the newspaper to poor the Demon's face before marching out of the cafe " I'll move my things in your house today, ok? " Joy shouted but Irene just ignored her.

 

Irene rushed to where Seulgi is living. She needs to access the situation before everything goes to waste. If Seulgi got really influenced by that Angel then Irene has no other choice but to give up on her and ready herself to receive an earful from the chief.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter