02: Devil in Service

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day had passed since Irene and Seulgi's meeting—

 

" tell me, do you not believe what I'm saying? " Irene crossed her arms, coming in very strong. She's looking very pissed off.

 

" I do Ms. Devil, but can you please lower your voice? We're at the library right now " Seulgi softly said, looking wary at the people who keep glancing at their direction.

 

" if you do, then— " Seulgi immediately covered Irene's mouth and quickly apologized to the people around them for the disturbance that Irene's causing.

 

Seulgi quickly removed her hand from Irene's mouth, afraid of Irene's glare " please Ms. Devil, lower your voice " she begs.

 

" Are you afraid of these little human beings? " Irene raised her brow " I can get rid of them if you wish to "

 

" it's not that Ms. Devil. It's exam season so everyone here is studying, so we have to keep quiet and not cause any disturbance. It will be bad if they lose focus because of us, they might fail their exam or something " Seulgi explains.

 

" so what if they do? It's none of my nor your business " Irene hissed.

 

" right, it's none of our business but I do know how anxious they might feel right now. Someone in here might be relying on their scholarship to get an education, like me, so they really have to study hard to maintain their grades "

 

" I don't get you "  

 

Seulgi troubledly smiled " I think it's better if we just get out of here," she said and quickly put her things inside her bag " let's go Ms. Devil "

 

They went out of the library and Irene began to continue blabbering about what she can do for Seulgi. She gave examples and instances to tempt Seulgi into signing a contract with her, but the girl seemed to not paying attention to that luxury she's saying.

 

" Why are you even studying? It's weekend " Irene sighed, stopping her blabbering about the contract for a minute.

 

" I have nothing else to do so might as well study " Seulgi shrugs.

 

" don't you have any friends? Why don't you hang out with them? That's what young people do these days, right? " 

 

" hmmm, right, but I don't really have any "

 

" It must be sad then, but if you wish to be a billionaire, you can get yourself tons of friends, you know," Irene said.

 

" sad... is it sad? How do you tell if it's sad? " Seulgi confusedly asked.

 

" you really dare to ask me? I'm not the human being here, I don't have a full understanding on how those emotions work " Irene frown, finding Seulgi a peculiar one " human beings are the one who're supposed to know those kinds of feelings, right? Sadness, happiness, anger, fear and contempt "

 

" oh, that's right " Seulgi chuckled " so does it mean... Ms. Devil, you don't feel any emotions? "

 

" We do, kind of, but we don't rely on those in our daily lives " Irene answered as she looks at Seulgi very skeptically.

 

" you probably haven't experience the luxury of money or honor, that's why you haven't desired of it! " she suddenly exclaimed.

 

" that's it! " Irene grabbed Seulgi's hand " I'm going to let you experience an extravagant moment of your life, think of this as a freebie— I don't usually do this so consider yourself lucky " she excitedly said and snapped her fingers.

 

The moment Seulgi opened her eyes, she found herself in a fancy restaurant. Her clothes have changed, from her old ragged t-shirt and jeans to a fancy black off-shoulder dress. She's also wearing a set of expensive-looking jewelry; necklace, earrings, and bracelet.

 

" how... " Seulgi's utterly confused. She's so sure that she was at the university one second ago.

 

" my lady " Seulgi's attention was brought upon when someone offered a hand to her.

 

" Ms. Devil... " Seulgi uttered. 

 

Irene's looking fancy herself as she wears a gorgeous dress that's hugging her body, showing off her curves perfectly. Diamonds hanging around Irene's neck and ears, adding elegant vibes to her. Seulgi couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous Demon in front of her. 

 

" will you take my hand? " Irene asked with a sweet smile on her lips. 

 

Seulgi didn't hesitate even for a second and just reached for Irene's hand. Irene is impossible to resi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter