05: Signed Contract

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene and Seulgi are both sitting at the living room as they stare at the contract that's placed upon the center table—

 

" I don't get your wish " Irene honestly said as she frowns, tilting her head as she shows disapproval over what's going to happen.

 

" just to make everything clear before we sign this contract. Your wish is for me to stay with you— do you mean that you desire to make me your slave? You want a Demon slave? " she asks.

 

Seulgi's little eyes widened and immediately shook her head, she didn't mean it like that. She wants what exactly what she said, no other ulterior motive behind it. She wants Irene to be by her side, no more, no less.

 

Seulgi looked down and started playing with her fingers. Saying it the second time around makes her feel even more embarrassed, but she doesn't want Irene to misunderstand her either.

 

" you don't need to do anything for me, you just have to stay by my side " she softly said " being assured that someone would be by my side till the day I die, it would make me feel less lonely "

 

" it's given that you won't be alone on the day of your death, I'll be there to collect your soul! " Irene sighs " how about this, I can give you a battalion if you wish to or I can make you a queen. They would worship you enough for them to stay till your last breath " she offers, broadening Seulgi's choice and hoping that Seulgi would change her mind. 

 

Seulgi just shook her head once again. She has already decided and she has no intention on changing it " I'm satisfied with one, I don't really need hundreds of people "

 

Irene fell silent, thinking really hard of how or what she can do for Seulgi once the contract is signed.

 

" you wish for me to be loyal to you, right? " Irene asked.

 

" if you can " Seulgi shrugs.

 

" thinking of what you wish meant in the human term, it's similar to being married or dating. Since marriage involves ceremony, I can't do that for you so let's just say we are dating " Irene said.

 

Using the term 'date' made Seulgi blush and feel a bit excited, in her 20 years of existence she has never dated anyone before. She never had someone special before and to think that her first relationship would be with a Demon, it's absurd.

 

" I'll have to look more into how exactly dating works for a human being " Irene sighed " but are you really sure about this? " Seulgi decisively nodded her head and took the pen before Irene may even offer her something else again.

 

" Should you think about it more? We can delay the con— " Irene stopped when Seulgi signed the contract without any hesitation. She can't believe that the girl tossed out everything that a usual person desire for a Devil's company.

 

" Great, you don't even listen to me, great " Irene murmurs under her breathe and collected the contract.

 

" Ms. Devil, when will our contract ends? " Seulgi asked.

 

" are you asking for when your death will be? "

 

" if you put it that way... yes? "

 

Irene sighed for the ninth time " you didn't even read the contract, you just signed it " Irene facepalmed. She now does not believe what she heard about humans from Joy— sly? Wise? Humans are still naive even how many years have passed, she thought. 

 

Irene faked a cough " anyway, it will end as soon as you feel like your desire is fulfilled. To put it simply, when you start to feel terrified of death and start to hold on with every minute of your life "

 

" ahhh," Seulgi nonchalantly said.

 

" ahh? " Irene tilts her head. Confused about the girl's reaction, wondering if something's wrong with her " aren't you scared? Are you not afraid of your own death? " she questions her.

 

" I believe I've already answered that question Ms. Devil " Seulgi smiled and stood up, so did Irene. 

 

Seulgi's walking towards the bathroom and about to enter when she noticed Irene behind her " Uhm... I'm going to take a shower, Ms. Devil "

 

" sure "

 

" uhh... why are you following me then? "

 

" you just said that I have to stay by your side! " Irene beamed making Seulgi chuckle a bit.

 

" not to this extent Ms. Devil " she smiled " I don't mean that we should stick together 24 hours. You can have your own private time, you can sleep on your bed and such " she explains.

 

" oh... okay " Irene scratched the back of her head " Seulgi, you can call me comfortably, you don't have to say Ms. Devil every time " 

 

" oh, okay... Irene " Seulgi agreed, awkwardly uttering the Devil's name and quickly went inside the bathroom " Irene... " Seulgi softly murmurs as her lips start to slowly form a smile.

 

Irene walked away as soon as Seulgi went inside the bathroom. She feels something strange upon her tummy—

 

" that's the second time she called my name, it sounds nice when she says it " Irene murmurs to herself.

 

In the middle of the night, Irene found herself staring blankly at the night sky full of sparkling little stars. Seulgi has just fallen asleep after taking a nice shower and Irene's left pondering about the contract she made with the girl. 

 

" pretending to be emo is so 2009 " Joy suddenly appeared with a can of beer in her hand " why are you looking at the sky so intently as if that was once your home? " she chuckled.

 

" what do you want? Stare at the ground because we belong underneath that? " Irene rolled her eyes making Joy burst in laughter.

 

" so, how's it going with your dear client? Has she finally signed the contract? " Joy curiously asked as she drinks her cold beer.

 

" yes " Irene briefly answered making Joy baffled—

 

" Really!? Wow, you're getting promoted! " Joy happily exclaimed " don't forget me when you get promoted, huh? Living a stable life in our own realm and not having to step in the human's world is so beautiful " Joy sighs as she imagines that life.

 

Joy has never been fond of the human realm nor the humans itself. Hell isn't a paradise but Joy would choose hell over the chaotic, toxic, and complex world of humans.

 

" seeing you getting one step closer to your promotion makes me feel envy " Joy lightly hit Irene's back " gosh, you're making me want to work hard now! By the way, what did your low maintenance client wish for? " she asks.

 

Irene took out the contract from her coat and handed it to Joy—

 

Joy spits out the beer inside upon reading Seulgi's wish, spraying it all over Irene's face and clothes " do you want to die!? " Irene angrily said as she wipes her face with her hand.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter