12: Where it All Began [FB]

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[FB] = Flashback

 

Heaven or the Celestial city probably is the most beautiful realm that ever existed. The peace and order were implemented strictly and there is no evil nature that can be found there. Heaven consists of Angels, all the beautiful things, and God, the creator of the whole world.

 

In that realm, there's an Angel who calls herself Seulgi, one of the first Angel that God has ever created. That Angel is very enthusiastic about her job, she has the purest heart and love among other angels. She genuinely enjoys guiding human beings and learning the ways of how humans live, she finds it fascinating since it's very different from how they normally do in heaven.

 

" people name themselves as their identification " Seulgi kept telling stories and sharing knowledge about the human realm to other Angels " so I named myself Seulgi, it means wisdom " she happily said. She's one of a kind and even other Angels could tell how she differs from all of them.

 

" Are we allowed to do that? Won't Father be mad if we mimic the way human beings live? " an Angel asks, afraid to anger the God if they desire to have a name for themselves.

 

" God loves all of us, why would He be mad? " Seulgi ask back.

 

" I guess it's fine for you because God loves you a little bit more than all of us "

 

Seulgi frowned at what she heard and playfully pouted " the love of our Father is equal to all He has created " she defends.

 

Most Angels believe that Seulgi is being favored by God since she is one of the first Angels that God has created. Seulgi could do anything that she wants without being reprimanded, unlike other Angels that have to abide strictly to God's orders. Seulgi is known to be the child that God loves the most.

 

Those beliefs are not a total lie because although God loves all of His children, He indeed looks after Seulgi more than any other Angels. God loves to watch Seulgi's compassion for everything He made, her enthusiasm about guiding people, learning things, and the purity of the Angel that could be as pure as His. Seulgi is God's most treasured child.

 

" Seulgi " Seulgi was surprised to hear an Angel call her by the name she got for herself. She happily turned to face that Angel with a wide smile on her lips, she's overjoyed to hear someone calls her that way.

 

" hi! " Seulgi brightly greeted back " what can I do for you? "

 

" nothing " the timid Angel responded and quickly avoided Seulgi's eyes because the Angel's eyes look so beautifully deep as an ocean can be, she's afraid she'll get drawn into it " I... I just saw you and... nothing " she's out of words.

 

Seulgi walked towards her and suddenly held that Angel's hand " I'm overjoyed that you approached me and called my name— no one has ever called my name ever since I made it for myself. Thank you very much "

 

The Angel took courage and looked at Seulgi once again and the moment she did, she got awed by the ethereal beauty of the girl " you're... you're very much welcome. If you permit me, can I call you that way from now on? " she shyly asks. If she'd get to see that smile of Seulgi every time she calls her way then she'll be more than happy to do that.

 

" of course! " Seulgi beamed " and if you want, I can think a name for you " she offers. She wanted to name the other Angels but they were too afraid that it might anger God so they would refuse Seulgi's kind offer every time.

 

" can I have a name? Am I deserving to have a name? " 

 

" of course! Everyone is deserving to have anything that could make them happy " Seulgi responded.

 

" then, can you give me a name, Seulgi? " 

 

Seulgi's eyes widened to hear the Angel accept her offer, she leaped in happiness in the field full of flowers  " are you serious? " she confirms and the Angel nodded her head.

 

" then... Wen... Wan... Seungwan! " Seulgi exclaimed " it means complete victory, I think it suits you well. You look like a victor, you don't look like someone who would lose to anything "

 

The Angel felt strangely happy— how can I be so happy over a name? Perhaps it's because the most beautiful Angel, Seulgi, gave it to me. 

 

Seungwan softly smiled " I don't know if I'm really that kind of an Angel but I'll try and live upon the name you've given me. Thank you Seulgi, I really love the name you gave me "

 

Seulgi smiled as she spun around out of happiness, the gentle wind is blowing through her hair and the sunshine is reflecting through her happy eyes. Seungwan has only once seen that kind of beauty and it was when she got to see God from afar. Seungwan watched Seulgi's delicate move and started to permanently mark the memory of the beautiful Angel in her heart.

 

From that day on, Seulgi and Seungwan would always stick together. They enjoy each other's company.

 

" Seungwan "

 

" hmm? "

 

" what do you think there is inside that place? " Seulgi curiously asked, pointing at the direction where an old temple is built, a place where no Angel would dare to cross because God has strictly told everyone to keep out of that place. God didn't clearly explain why, He just sternly told everyone to not go in there.

 

The whole heaven realm is full of beautiful things and is lively to be in, but that one place in the realm gives off the eerie and sinister atmosphere. It looks so dark and dead in there, making everyone stay out of it even more. It's very unlikely to the paradise that Angels are used to seeing.

 

" I'm not sure, no one has ever dared to step in there " Seungwan shrugs.

 

" aren't you curious? " Seulgi rested her chin in her hand as she intently looks at the temple from afar " I'm really curious " she sighs.

 

" But I think I've heard about some rumors about that place " Seulgi's eyes shone and immediately poured every ounce of her attention to Wendy.

 

" wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter