11: Wendy's Prayer

Devil's contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Irene, can't you really talk it out with Wendy? It will really be great if you two will make up " Seulgi attempts to fix the situation for the hundredth time.

 

The whole situation in the house has gone very awkward. It has always been Joy against Wendy, but now it's Irene and Joy against Wendy alone. Seulgi cannot pick a side, she refuses to, she'd rather try and find a way to fix it and have everyone be friends with each other. Everyone has already secured a special place in her heart and it pains her to see them acting that way.

 

" Why are you obsessed about trying to settle the situation? It's not like we're friends with that Angel, to begin with, " Irene subtly rolled her eyes and lightly flicked Seulgi's forehead.

 

Seulgi pouted as she rubs her forehead " because you guys are my family " she simply said.

 

" family? How come we've become your family? Jeez "

 

" I eat meals together with the three of you, we sometimes watch movies in the living room, Joy and Wendy argue in a daily basis but it somehow brightens up the whole house— I believe that's what a family does or at least that's how I define a family " Seulgi shrugs with a smile on her lips. 

 

Having someone, whether it's a Demon or an Angel, who she can call a family really warms up her heart. It's been so long since she felt that warmth and Seulgi refuse to let go of that feeling.

 

Seulgi stopped her trails and turned to face Irene whose face is already distorted because of the girl's heartfelt speech. Seulgi grabbed the Demon's hand " each one of you is very important for me so it really saddens me to see you guys fighting each other "

 

Irene turned her head away from Seulgi, the girl's puppy eyes send a fatal attack to her that she needed to turn away and give herself a break " fine, I'll talk to that damn Angel. Now, let go of my hand and start walking again " she snobbishly said as feels her cheeks warming up.

 

" Really!? " Seulgi excitedly said and even swayed Irene's hand like a little kid " talking not yelling at each other, okay? " she reminds the Demon.

 

" Alright, alright " Irene grins to see the girl's successful smile.

 

" Great! Now, I think I'll do good in my exams today " Seulgi leaped in happiness.

 

" I doubt that because instead of studying, you've been going around and annoying me about talking to Wendy. I didn't even saw you open your notes or textbook, not even once "

 

Seulgi playfully scrunched her nose " I have lots of stock knowledge! " she brags making Irene giggle " eh? Why are you laughing? I'm telling you the truth! I'm pretty smart! "

 

Irene nods, acting like she believes the girl. Irene held Seulgi's hand and tiptoed a little to kiss the latter's forehead. Seulgi immediately got frozen up from the sudden affection that the Devil has done—

 

" sorry for flicking your forehead and a kiss for good luck " Irene softly said, feeling a bit embarrassed about what she did.

 

Seulgi pursed her lips, finding words to say " I think I'll really ace my exams now... "

 

After dropping Seulgi off to the university, Irene went straight back to the house. She's planning on talking with Wendy as per Seulgi's wish and Irene herself somehow wants to know exactly what's happening with her. She believes that the Angel can answer every question she has in her head.

 

" Joy, have you seen Wendy? "

 

" no, I haven't seen her since yesterday. Didn't she move out? Great if she did " Joy shrugs.

 

Irene rolled her eyes, Joy really couldn't be any help to her " you look awful "

 

" I know, I haven't had enough sleep because I've been waiting for that Demon who chief asked me to take care of " Joy sighs.

 

Joy has successfully negotiated with their chief. He's going to forgive Joy and in exchange, she's going to do some additional labor. Joy has to teach a newbie Demon everything that there is to know when it comes to collecting the soul of a human being and the list goes on, but the Demon who the chief has assigned to her hasn't arrived yet.

 

" that darn Demon is supposed to arrived yesterday yet she's still nowhere to be found— I swear if I see that newbie Demon... " the annoyance in Joy's voice is very evident. Irene could only pity the poor newbie Demon because out of all the Demon that is residing in the human realm, she got appointed to the infamous masochist Joy.

 

Irene just shook her head and left Joy alone to go to Wendy's room, but the Angel is indeed not in there. Irene roam her eyes around the room but it's practically empty as if no one has been using it " doesn't she have anything with her? " she wonders.

 

After checking some other rooms in the house in case Wendy is in there, Irene has decided to take a walk, maybe she'd see the Angel along the way. She could only wish for it because there's no way she can track an Angel down.

 

While walking down the street, Irene kept wondering about her dreams. Some of those dreams that she had are painful like it's been piercing through her but the majority of it feels warm and loving, a foreign emotion for a Demon like her. What makes it hard for Irene, whenever she dreams, is that it frustrates her because she has no recollection of those yet she kept seeing it and the amount of physical pain it brings her as if her brain is prohibiting her to remember anything that has a connection to it.

 

Is it really my own memory? If it is, then who is that girl in my dreams? Why can't I remember her?

 

" Joohyun... " she murmurs to herself. She cannot understand how that name stirred her head up, how is it connected to me? I hate this feeling as if I don't know myself. Do I know myself completely? Who am I really?

 

In the midst of her pondering, Irene saw Wendy from afar and she was about to approach her when she also saw a couple of Angels following her. Wendy looks wary about her surroundings, her eyes were moving fast as if she's trying to looking for a way out. Irene then recalls what Joy has told her, that Wendy is being chased by other Angels. 

 

Fast enough, Irene went ahead and helped Wendy out. Without anyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter