๐Ÿ’Ž T w e n t y ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

"So? Did you go?" Yuna asks as I let her in my house. She'll be sleeping over.

"I did..."

"Did you go all the way through?" she rephrased her question and I answered with silence

"Ya!" I winced

"What if his mom answers the door? and what do I say? Thanks for the apples?" Oh wait, that's a good approach. "Should I ask him how much I owe him for the apples?" I looked up at nothing in particular.

"Oww! It's a genuine question, do you know how expensive fruits are? especially if it's out of season and I was late almost everyday." I glared at yuna after she threw a pillow on my face

"Oops, yeah that was good but why did you think of that just now?" she huffs

"I always chicken out seeing their gate." I mumbled, sighing, "Maybe I should just wait til the opening? There's only a week left anyway."

"How about during enrollment, you haven't seen him at school?" I shook my head no. Yuna's phone rang and she gave me a glance.

"Why aren't you answering? Did you fight?" I raised a brow at her when she didn't pick up Jaehyuk's call

"We talk everyday, It's me and you time. We haven't spend much time lately I'm sorry." She hugs me and I laughed

"We text almost everyday and I swear, you don't have to feel guilty when you're going out on a date with Jaehyuk." This silly girl invites me on their dates just becasue she feels like she's neglcting me which is not the case. She's a good friend.

"Fine. I know my priorities and right now it's me and you so I'll turn my phone on silent." She puts it on silent and I shook my head saying she didn't have to but she insists and that she told Jaehyuk she'll do that so he won't be worried if he can't get through her. To be fair, I turned my phone on silent too cause she's pretty much the only one I talk to over the phone.

We enjoyed our day like we used to, we went around the city to our hearts content especially since we can't hang out like this much once school starts and my time with her will be shared with Jaehyuk which I really don't mind and I understand.

We watched movies till dawn and fell asleep with the TV on in the living room which is why we woke up at the sound of my mom's sermon as she wakes us up to make us transfer to my room.

Yuna gasps as she realizes she slept on Jaehyuk and quickly scrambled for her phone. I chuckled at her and mumbled how I told her so as I stretched and cracked my neck when I got startled from Yuna's scream. I was going to ask her when she quickly put her phone on her ear "WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S LEAVING THE COUNTRY?!"

My brows knitted together and my mind blank. Who's leaving? I shrugged and picked up the pillows we scattered on the floor when she screamed again "WHAT? TODAY?!"

The call ended and I watch as she looked around frantically and stopped when she saw our wall clock and she gasps, pulling her hair. "What's wrong?"

"We have to go now!!" She pulls me and I was too out of it

"I'm sorry, where are we going?" She was about to answer me when we hear a car beeping outside.

"I'll explain on the way, auntie, trust me on this, I'll call you!" My mom and I looked at each other in confusion and I stopped, pulling her back as she opened the main door

"Where are we going in our onesies in so much hurry that we can't wash our face?" I rubbed my eyes and made sure there were no morning glories

"To the airport!"

"Wha-"

"Ppalii!!" It was jaehyuk inside the passenger's side of the car with Yoshinori sunbae behind the wheel?

"Hurry or we won't catch yedam!" Yuna says, pulling me and I felt like an Ice cold bucket was poured over me.

"Eomma." I turned to my mom with desparation in my voice and she pushed us our way, "Be careful on the road."

"Yes ma'am." Jaehyuk went out of the car to open the door for us as Yoshi sunbaenim bows to my mom as she looks over to us and we drove off.

"Can anyone tell me what's going on please?" I don't even have my phone

"I tried calling you. Yedam was chosen to do the student exchange program and we just knew about it yesterday. I thought we'd still have time but the idiot didn't inform us he's flying today saying we'll overreact. Thankfully Jeongwoo told me as he was chosen too."

"What time is his flight?"

"Eight." The boarding will be an hour before and it's already six in the morning. We'll barely have time to arrive before he boards and it's on a rush hour so the traffic.. I feel like crying.

"Don't worry. I know my way around the streets." Yoshi sunbaenim gave us an assuring look over the rearview mirror and changed gears."Hold on to your seatbelts tightly."

He was not lying when he said he knows the streets well. I now see the intimidating side of him as he drives the car in contrast to the cute sunbae playing with the hotel's cctv along with Junkyu sunbae.

"Jaehyuk-a!!" Hyunsuk sunbae's loud voice grabbed our attenntion as Asahi waves us over next to him.

My heart beating loudly as we ran over to their side. "Where's yedam?"

"There, in line." I looked at him in his plaid shirt over his plain white tee and ripped jeans with his headphones on as he waits for his turn to get his ticket checked and go on board

I was suddenly pushed and turned to yuna. "Go. It's now or never."

Gathering my courage, I nodded and jogged towards him. As the people before him decreases, I hurried and I feel my eyes sting. He won't hear me even if I call. I ran and pulled him by his sleeveas he was about to reach his ticket over.

"Minju." He took off his headphones, looking startled. Either by my outfit or my bloated face and watery eyes.

"Don't you know I'm stupid?" I let go of my hold from his shirt and curled my fist

"What?" I closed my eyes and cried."I'm stupid! I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so how was I supposed to know you were not really talking about the moon?!" I sobbed

"I don't know if you really do like me like how I like you or I'm just delusional but I really really like you bang yedam! No, like is an understatement. Ever since you offered to give me a ride, you made my heart flutter. I'm not sure how long you'll be staying there but you should come back or- or-" or what? what can I possibly hold him accountable for? "or else I won't pay you for the apples." I couldn't think of anything else. I feel his hands cup my face as he wipes my tears.

"You didn't read my texts didn't you?" he chuckles.

"Huh?" I sniffed, meeting his eyes and he gave me a heart-stopping smile

"Silly girl." He gently flicked on my forehead.

"I sincerely am infatuated with you Oh Minju. I know I should have been more direct with you but you caught me off guard. I was embarrassed that I had to wait for you to confess first before I can tell you how I feel about you. I wanted to be the one to tell you I like you first." He covered his mouth with the back of his hand with a shy smile.

"I'll only be there for a month, and while there, can you please answer my calls?" I nodded. It was already the last call for boarding. He put his passport in between his lips and reached for his neck where he unclasped the necklace I've seen him wearing and put it on me.

My heart thudded as he clasps it on my neck. "I can finally give that to you." He says after taking his passport and pulling me into a hug

"Wait for me?"

"Come back to me."

"I will. I promise." He smiles and ruffled my hair, waving to his friends and gave me one last look before boarding.