๐Ÿ’Ž T w e n t y O n e ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

When I got home, I immediately searched forย  my phone and made sure it's not on silent anymore. He did send me alot of texts explaining and even telling me about his worries that I might be with someone else when he comes back.

I gave Jaehyuk a light smack on the head too for making it seem like he will not be returning. He was right about them overreacting.

Yuna helped me explain to my parents what happened but I quickly told them we were not together yet. Yedam was more hopeless romantic than he seems. He wants us to be together on special days, that our first day as a couple shouldn't be the day we're away from each other and like Jaehyuk, he should ask for my parents permission.

Suddenly, my circle of friends grew larger. With Yuna being with Jaehyuk, Yedam's friends have become my friends.

"How was your day? Still getting late?" He asks, teasing as he prepares to go to school while I prepare to sleep. He never fails to call twice each day. Every morning and every night.

"Excuse you, after trying to avoid you I have not been late anymore." He chuckles and it tickles my ear

"I guess something good came out of that." I can't help but supress a yawn as it was already late and I had a tiring day at school. The thought of being with yedam made a whole new version of me. I tried harder for my grades even if the school year just started

"How about you? Have you adjusted to the time difference already?" I ask trying to keep awake

"Of course, I'm Bang Yedam." I laughed seeing his comical facial expressions

"I miss you." I stopped laughing and smiled at him. "I miss you too." My eyelids were getting heavy and he starts to hum. I fell asleep with a smile on my face like I always do lately.

How is it? Being like in a relationship but not really? I don't know. I really can't tell the difference. I just know that if I knew we'd be like what we are now, I would've confessed sooner but of course it isn't always happy.

"Two more months?" I squeaked.

"I know." We just looked at each other through the screen in silence and I smiled, trying to cheer us both up. Their stay got extended.

"Well. There's nothing we can do about it." It's for his future. "What playlist do you have me for today?" He finally smiles. He always brightens up talking about music. We've become busy and the time difference is getting to us as well so we barely talk nowadays. To make up for it, we create a playlist for each other to tell us how we feel or what our mood is like

"Maybe he's just busy?" Yuna offers as I slumped down my desk. Yedam has not talked to me for two weeks already. I was worried but I got to talk to Jeongwoo through Jaehyuk and asked about him and he said he's doing fine.

"Maybe his feelings are gone?" I can't help but think

"Is yours gone?"

"Heck, it grew more! Guess absence really makes the heart grow fonder" I sulked, Now I know the difference not being together. I have no rights. No rights to demand something from him nor be jealous since we're not together.

๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž

"Are you sure you're not coming with us?" I rolled my eyes at yuna "Guys, I'm always with you almost everyday. I'm sick of watching your PDA"

"Our daughter have betrayed us. That's how we made you!" Yuna smacked Jaehyuk's head as he dodged and laughs. He ha sbeen accustomed to yuna's ways that he can dodge her already and now she's chasing him.

"That could be us." I mumbled watching the lovebirds but then again, those two are extroverts while yedam and I are intros so we'll probably just at least hold our hands while we walk in silence, or sharing an earphone. Now I look crazy as my imagination goes wild. People might be scared looking at me grinning from ear to ear staring at my opened palm when a hand intertwined it with his and clasped it tightly. I looked to my right and saw him.

I just stared and gasped "OH MY GOD I HAVE GONE COMPLETELY INSANE!!!"

I admit that when I day dream I sometimes get carried away to a different world that I don't realize what I'm doing in reality such as talking and giggling to myself and even have some actions or gestures when I'm completely in it but right now? I'm really scared of myself. "Now I'm hallucinating? Should I see Psychiatrist?"

My hallucination chuckled and pulled me closer and then ruffles my hair. "I can finally hold you like this."

"Uwah! It's really you! When did you arrive dude?" Jaehyuk jumps and swings an arm over yedam's neck, putting him on a headlock. "We could've picked you up at the airport." Jaehyuk and yuna came back and I stared at yuna, then to my hand that is still holding his even if he's struggling cause of Jaehyuk

"YA! Read the room will you!" Yuna smacks Jaehyuk and freed yedam from him "We're going now. We just came back and sneaked in behind you thinking minju was in danger with a stranger."

"Thank you for taking care of her." Yuna nods and jaehyuk gives him a thumbs up as Yuna drags her boyfriend away.

"Aren't you gonn-" I didn't need to be told twice as I let go of his hand just so I can wrap my arms around his neck, making him stumble from the force but managed to steady himself. I felt tingles as his arm wrapped around my waist.

"You're real." I whispered.

"I'm home." I squeezed him to a hug extra tight before letting go and slapping his arm

"What'd you ghost me for?!" He chuckles and pulled my wrist gently, guiding them back to his nape as his hands rests on my hips. "I was drowned with projects. I needed to finish a month's worth of load in advance so I can go home a month earlier so I pulled all-nighters for two consecutive weeks."

My glares turned to frowns as I felt his forehead "Are you ok?" He caught my hand and kissed it and looked at me in the eye saying, "Never felt better."

"You could've just told me."

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise."

"Minju? Yedamie?" We let go of each other and turned to halmeoni and yunhyeong oppa.

"Annyeonghaseyo." We greeted the two with a bow

"I heard you were out of country yedam-ah, you must've missed your boyfriend so much minju?" Yedam and I looked at each other and I smiled

"So much, halmeoni." Yedam grinned and held my hand tightly. "It's our first day halmeoni, can we have some apples?"

"First day? Come on, I'll make you some apple pie." Yedam carried my bag for me as we held hands, following the two and along the way, yunhyeong oppa teased yedam and told me how yedam fell for me the moment he saw me to which I thought he was pulling my leg but yedam blushed and said it's true.

I laughed and but my heart swelled with joy. Who knew that someone who I thought was out of my league looked on me with such high regards that I failed to notice because of my low self-esteem. I'm glad I found the courage to confess or we both might have just kept waiting for one another and completely missed the chance.

He walked me home hand in hand as we catch up on each other and as promised, he formally asked my parents permission. They were more than happy to accept him knowing how he influenced me to do better with my studies. I mean he's way more strict to me than them when it comes to my academics.