๐Ÿ’Ž S i x ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

"Stop being so dramatic." Yuna rolls her eyes, "How can something that haven't started be over?"

I stopped wailing and gave her a blank look "was that supposed to cheer me up?"

"No..." she dragged and looked ahead of her and I followed her gaze

"Aren't you guys going back to the classroom? It's almost time." It's yedam.

"We'll be right behind you." I managed to answer and he gave us a nod and went ahead and I feel yuna's index finger digging to my side, making me jump a bit

"But that makes up for it." She continues, and I couldn't help but grin. It wasn't something special but a simple conversation with yedam immediately lifts me up whenever I'm in a bad mood.

"Come on, before we get late for the next subject." We stood up and hurried after yedam and his friends.

๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž

"Sorry! I swear I'm gonna make it up to you." I rolled my eyes and pushed yuna

"Go. I'll be fine." We were supposed to go home together but she got held up by club activities.

"You sure?" I chuckled and pushed her some more.

"Text me when you get home? Call me?"

"Yes yes. Now shoo!" She pouts and hesitantly leaves and I heaved a sigh. Guess I'll just walk alone.

I took my phone to put some music on and searched for my earphones but cussed when I don't find it on my bag nor my pockets. It should be somewhere in my room. Bummer!

I continued to walk when yedam pedalled his bicycle next to me and smoothly went down on it as it slows down and starts walking with me.

"W-what? I don't have any detentions today... right?" I nervously asked. Aish! Why does he keep my heart race? I should calm down. I discreetly inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly.

"No. We told halmeoni we'll get your bike right?" He glanced at me and I immediately avoided his gaze or he'll see me staring.

"I could get it by myself you know." I mumbled

"I can't be a bad boyfriend now can I?" My head snapped up so fast and he laughs at my startled expression.

"That's what halmeoni thinks." I let out an awkward laugh eventhough I wanted to smack his head to make me hope like that.

"Besides, it's dangerous for a girl to walk alone." A girl... he sees me as a girl!

I was too busy celebrating about the fact that he thinks of me as a girl, girl that I didn't notice that I have stopped walking and that he's now infront of me, crouching a bit to take a good look at my face. I was so startled when I felt his hand on my forehead that I instinctively jumped back.

"Sorry to startle you." He awkwardly puts his hand back to his bike handle. "Are you not feeling well? You're red. I can take you home and I'll just get your bicycle for you." I quickly shook my head and felt my face

"I- I'm fine. Just..." come on brain, work! "-tired from the walking." Nice safe!

He stopped walking and tilts his head at me "do you want to ri-

"NO!" I flushed when I realized how I strongly disagreed. "I mean, it's just a couple more steps away. No biggie." I laughed. I want to be with him longer! He nods and we continued walking

"What's keeping you up?"

"Hm?" I was enjoying the silence as we walked and was so busy dtealing glances at him that I didn't hear him properly.

"You mentioned one of the reasons why you're always late is because you couldn't sleep. So what's keeping you up?" Thinking of you... but of course I don't dare say that.

"I honestly don't know. I try hard but even if I close my eyes, I just can't sleep." He nods to himself just as we arrived.

"Uwah~ that was fast halmeoni, I thought I won't be able to get it today." My bike is fixed and it didn't look like it was ever broken.

"It wasn't that big of a fix. Go along now you two. It's getting late."

"Thanks halmeoni." I smiled at her and gave her a hug and thanked her son who fixed my bike too.

"Thanks again Yunhyeong oppa."

"No problem. Anything for yedamie's friend." I looked at yedam in surprise and he coughs, bidding goodbye to the two.

"You're close with yoyo oppa?" I asked as I rode my bike

"Not really..."

"But he calls you yedamie-

"Look at where you're going, you're gonna get an accident again and your scrape hasn't healed yet." I pouted and looked straight

"Wait, wasn't that your street?" I asked when he continued to cycle beside me, missing his street.

"I have something to buy at the convenience store."

"Oh." I bit my lips when I see my block coming to view and the convenience store won't be til another block.

Not having any courage to go with him, I sighed and mentally noted to gather some courage next time. If there is a next time. "Well, see you tomorrow?"

"See you." He didn't even give me a glance. I pouted and turned to our street but immediately stopped to the side to look at him then sighed when he didn't even look back.

๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž

"I'm hooome!" I called out to my parents after getting inside the house.

After eating dinner, I went up to my room and took a half bath and was getting ready for bed but got the same struggle every night. Sleeping early.

My phone rang and my heart skipped a beat seeing his name pop as the caller.

I took calming breaths before answering. "Hello?"

"Still can't sleep?" I bit my lips to stop myself from squealing.

"Hmmm." Was all I could answer

"Are you laying down?" Feeling bold cause he could not see me, I asked "are you gonna ask me what I'm wearing next?"

"Ya!" I giggled and I hear him laugh on the other line and I wanted to jump around but he'd hear me.

"Do you have your earphones?" Thankfully I found it above my dresser

"Yep."

"Ok, put it on." I did as told.

"Done."

"Ok now find your comfortable position and close your eyes."

"My my, I didn't know you're into something like this." I teased

"Oh minju." He warns but I can hear him smile. He better stop or I'm gonna blurt out a confession!

"Are you listening?" His voice sends tingles to my spine

"Yes yes, closing my eyes now." It was silent for a while so I thought I dropped the call but then I hear a guitar strum

"I don't really sing so bear with me...." (Streamย Wayo )

"Oh my gosh! Don't sing my ! You sound so good!" I can't help but spill

"I was just humming. Now shh. You're supposed to sleep." I grinned so hard but kept silent and let him sing.

"Goodnight, Oh Minju." He whispers silently by the end. With that, I fell asleep with a huge smile on my face.