๐Ÿ’Ž T e n ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League


I didn't know the answer could be so simple. How to survive 2-hour bus ride beside your crush? Sleep.

I just closed my eyes to pretend to sleep wanting to get out of the awkward situation I'm in and actually fell asleep but I guess that's because I wasn't able to sleep much the night before plus I had been waken up too early.

I woke up feeling the bus stop every now and then. My senses is now aware that I have been asleep and from the sound of it, looks like everyone is.

I opened my eyes and my eyesight was greeted by an adam's apple. I gulped and slowly looked up. My jaw dropped and I quietly clumped it back shut. I am laying on Yedam's chest! Not shoulder's, chest!

I can't move! He has an arm around me and he's sleeping!! Can my senses just shut back down? I'm feeling everything!

How should I breathe? Just when I start to contemplate, his eyes opened, his hands instinctively held me tighter and then looked down on me. Kill. Me. Now.

"I'm sorry!" I quickly straightened up and he did the same, wincing a bit as he stretch his body. I must be heavy and his side must be sore!

"Sorry, sorry." I kept muttering sorry and massaged his biceps. I swear I'm not feeling him. I'm genuinely massaging his arm.

"It's ok. I'm the one who's sorry, touching you without your permission."

"Huh?" I did a double take and his eyes widened. I could see it through the silhouette of his glasses.

"Oh no not that way, I mean I had to put an arm around you. The bus keeps on jerking to a stop due to traffic and you didn't look comfortable with your head lolling side by side." He quickly says and then silence. We just looked at each other and then bursted out laughing but had to cover our mouths since the rest is still sleeping.

"I guess it was uncomfy." I winced, doing a head rotation. "I forgot to bring my neck pillow."

"It's ok, you can use me as your pillow."

"WAKE UP WAKE UP!" A loud booming voice from the front thankfully intervenes or Yedam would've seen my flustered face. I quickly looked away and discreetly fanned it using my hand.

Iย stood up and gathered my bag as everyone else starts to wake, and some are already going down the bus. I didn't dare look back at Yedam and shuffled my way down.

A dazed yuna greeted me as I got out of the bus. She was so out of it, she didn't even notice me near her.

"Earth to yuna" I snapped my fingers in front of her face and she blinked, making me chuckle at her expression. She then looked at me, smirking "Someone got a good sleep."

"And someone looks like she hasn't had any." I raised a brow at her. For a moment she looked flustered, but quickly turned mischievous.

"How could I when I'm the only one my bestfriend can rely on!" My brows creased, wondering what she meant by that. Does she have another bestfriend aside from me? I am hurt.

My dramatic thoughts flew out of my mind when she pushed her phone towards my face. It was so close that I was getting crosse-eyed.

"What are y-" I loudly gasped and my eyes widened as I went to grab her phone but she moved it away from my reach

"If I were asleep I wouldn't have captured this and knowing you, you'll panic someone might see and delete this precious photo and then regret later so no, I'm not letting you have my phone unless you calm down." She was walking backwards while I rush to her not because I want to grab her phone but because yedam and his friends are right behind her.

"Ya!" I widened my eyes at her and tilted my head hoping she'd get my warning.

I stood frozen as I watch Jaehyuk snatch yuna's phone from her raised hands. Oh no.ย Please lock, please lock. I chanted cause her screen is still on and on it is my photo with yedam!

"What are you hiding from minju?" Jaehyuk teased and was going to look at it when yuna fell out of balance since she quickly turned to see who took her phone.

My eyes trained on the phone as yuna leaned towards jaehyuk who immediately caught her in his arms, the phone flew out of jae's hand by impact and I quickly ran for it. I was reaching out for it when I was pulled by my elbows. "Ya, watch where you're going" yedam seriously scolded me. I was stunned, having my body pressed against his and his serious gaze upon me.

"My phone!" Yuna wails and I turned to see the phone crash to the ground and was squashed by a speeding vehicle. Only then did I realize that the phone went to the side of the road. I winced at the thought of what could've happened to me if yedam didn't pull me.

"Oh minju! Are you ok?" I stepped away a bit from yedam as our adviser rushed to our side

"Y-yes, yedam pulled me just in time." I took a quick glance at yedam but averted my eyes to our teacher when I met his gaze and gulped. My heart couldn't calm.

"Aigoo, you lot go in the hotel now, be more careful next time ok?"

I nodded, "Yes ma'am."ย 

Yedam picked yuna's phone up and yuna was teary eyed as he gave it back to her. "It's all your fault!" She yells at Jaehyuk and ran inside the hotel.

I awkwardly looked at jaehyk who was looking at yuna's retreating back. I tried to find words to say to him but decided to follow yuna instead "Yuna! Wait up!"

I took hesitant steps to my best friend who was away from the crowd, curled up in one corner. "I got our keys." I jingled it a bit, she looked up then threw herself at me "Minjuuuu!!!! *Ottok'e??" (*what do I do?)

"Err..." I looked around and thankfully everyone seemed to have left for their rooms... except us.. and yedam... why does it look like he's waiting for me- us, I mean us.ย Get over yourself!

"Well, I can give you some of my allowance so you can get a new one but it might not be enough for a high-end mod-

"I don't mean about my phone." she grumbles and wiped her tears.

"Eh?" She pouts and gave me a glance then looked down, whispering something under her breath

"what?" I leaned my ear closer to her so I can hear her better

"I didn't mean to yell at Jaehyuk..." she mumbles and I chuckled. "I know."

"I didn't mean to blame him, I was just overwhelmed and words were out of my stupid mouth before I realized what I said to him..." I giggled and she whined "Yaaaa~ it's not funny!"

"Why don't we go up to our room then we can brainstorm how you'll approach Jaehyuk?"

"B-but-"

"The class president's waiting." I whispered and she looked over my shoulders and sighed. "fine." We took our bags and went to the elevator where yedam is waiting.

"You didn't have to wait for us." yuna tell yedam after an awkward silence inside the elevator

"Yeah, we can find our room just fine.." I say just because I felt like I need to say something! We're almost at our floor when he audibly sighs and turns to us, making us step back a bit, he can be really intimidating when he wants to be.

He looks at me and says, "then stop making me worry." he gently flicks my forehead as the door opens and made his way out like he didn't wait for us. My mind was in a haywire and wondering if I was hearing things when yuna's high-pitched squeal attacked my eardrums.