๐Ÿ’Ž S e v e n t e e n ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

I was so out of it as I went home. I absent-mindedly reached out the apples to my mom and went to my room without batting an eye.

I sat on my bed and stared into nothingness. Still can't comprehend about what I just learned.

I grabbed my phone and texted yuna who is still using Jaehyuk's phone.

Yedam... he paid for my apples? What? Why? Does he like me? I shook my head. He's just being kind. Right? But..

I groaned and got under my covers and scolded myself "Get over yourself minju! You should know better by now. If he likes you like the way you're overthinking right now, you wouldn't have been rejected!" If my parents were to come up in my room and found me talking to myself they'd probably call a priest or something thinking I've been possessed or talking to someone they don't see.

"Aishh!" I sat up, breathing heavily and huffed.

I should stop thinking unnecessary stuff. It's just a distraction from my process of moving on. I'm supposed to forget my feelings for him over the summer.

Yuna replied asking what's the emergency and I texted back "nothing" That's right. This is how it should be. I'll just find new hobbies to keep me busy.

I kept myself occupied to empty thoughts of him. I even did household chores every single day much to my mom's delight. I feel like I have lost weight and gained knowledge for all the things I tried out. I need to feel exhaustion everyday to make sure I get to sleep as soon as I close my eyes so there won't be space for idle thoughts to come creeping in at the middle of the night and keep me awake.

It was going well... I learned that no matter what I do I academically. My body became so accustomed to being productive that I didn't even realize I haven't thought of him. But that's a lie.

I play music as I do chores and every time I hear the songs I've heard him sing, instead of the original singer's voice, all I can hear is his voice. His sweet crooning voice that is very addictive that I stop doing whatI'm doing and just listen.

"I'm hopeless!" I greeted yuna as I stepped inside her house, giving a quick hug to her mom as we walked to her room.

"Tell me something I don't know." She says,closing her door as I plopped down her bed when I saw something. I crawled over to it while she was busy ramaging her hidden stash of chips

"Yes, please do tell me something I don't" I smirked picking up a familiar cap and wore it. My best friend's eyes widened at the sight and quickly snatched it away from me making me gasp and point at her blushing face

"Ya! When did you start dating Jaehyuk? And why haven't you told me! I thought I'm your best friend." I threw a pillow at her and she sighs, picking it up before sitting down next to me.

"We're not dating..."

"But he's courting you?" I raised a brow. Huh. I guess my mind is just filled with yedam that I didn't even notice my bestfriend's budding romance. I ship!

"Since when? Why didn't you tell me? I always told you how I felt with ye-him." She chuckled and played with the cap on her hand.

"He's... courting me. Like formally." My eyes widened

"Like asking your parents permission?!" She smiles shyly and nodded.

"Do you like him?" She chews on her inner cheeks and that's yuna if she's contemplating whether to lie

"Don't lie to me." I warned and she closes her eyes then nodded

"Then why haven't said yes?!" I excitedly slapped her arm but she she sighs and looked at me.

"It's complicated ecause you're my best friend and his best friend's with you know and-" oh great. I'm excited for her and she's sad for me.

"Ya! You love me that much?" She rolls her eyes and I laughed hugging her

"Thank you for the concern but you should prioritize your own happiness first ok?" I rubbed her back and let go

"It's ok. He's willing to wait and we're getting to know more of each other." I've never seen her so girly before

"You look annoying! Stop looking at me like that!" She playfully slapped me but Inkept giving her teasing glances. Anyway, enough about me. What was that emergency you talked about last time?"

"Hm? What emergency?" My brows furrowed in confusion

"That one time you texted me SOS"

"Oh that... nothing, just yedam..." I shrugged

"Yedam what?" Fine. I laid down on her bed and told her about the apples

"Yah! Are you sure he rejected you?"

"He's just being yedam. Kind, thoughtful, caring..." is there really just one yedam?

"! He paid for an apple for you everyday to make up for you missing your breakfast cause of hurrying to school!" She slammed a pillow on my face, and I sat up, whining.

"Maybe he was just helping halmeoni earn. You know, since they're neighbors."

"How did her reject you? What did he do?"

"I'm not sure if I'm ready to reli-

"TELL ME!"

"Ok ok geez." She looks like she's gonna kill me if I don't tell her. I took a deep breath and said "I told him I really really like him but he just changed the subject. I'm not stupid to not read between the lines." I can feel myself tearing up. I still remember everything to vividly

"WHAT. DID. HE. SAY?"

"Huh?"

"How did he change the topic? What did he do? How did he look?"

"He was looking embarrassed ok! He was looking up with a hand on his nape. Anywhere but me" I ranted, crying.

"And he just said the moon is beautiful isn't it? The moon wasn't even visible! The sky wasn't clear from the fireworks display" I sobbed and then I hear her squeal.

"Oh my gooosh! You idiot!!" I was confused as to why she was so angry at me and then she was shaking my whole body screaming with giddiness.

"Look it up." My tear stained face have never looked so confused.

"What?"

"Aish!" She grabbed my phone and started to aggressively type on it brought it so near to my face.

"Wbat is it?" I took it from her hands and looked at my phone at a readable distance and it shows google and the search result for the meaning behind the phrase the moon is beautiful isn't it? Which is a poetic way of saying...

"I love you..." I whispered, eyes widened. I can't believe it. I clicked every links that leads to the answer and it all says the same thing. I read it over and over again and inaudibly gasped. Yedam loves me?