๐Ÿ’Ž T w e n t y T w o ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

When I said he was way more strict than my parents when it comes to academics I was not exaggerating.

"Don't give that look. Again." We're in my room studying. No monkey business. Not even our hands holding. Good thing yuna and jaehyuk isn't present or I would've glared holes on their heads with them so cuddly with one another.

"But it's haaaard. As if having all those numbers and symbols isn't hard enough, they add alphabets." I sulked, throwing my pencil on my textbook.

"It's only hard cause you're already thinking too much about it being hard before you can even try."

I glared at him and his brow perked up "You're not helping either!" I getsured to his body next to mine and ranted "Your voice sounds so soothing and you look so attratactive, even the veins on your arm as you write is distracting!"

"That!" I pointed at the corner of his mouth as it forms to a smirk.

"What?" He chuckles then continues, "Weekdays are-"

"academic days and weekends are Date days. I KNOW." I huffed, turning my back on him. I should've known he's studious, I love him for it and he had helped me a lot but sometimes there are just days I wanna take a break from studies and I know we do nothing but date and play during the weekends. His motto is work hard and play hard but-

My thoughts were interrupted when I hear the table being dragged and soon felt his arm around my waist, pulling me to him as my back hit his chest. We were sitting on the floor with a small table in between us. He moved my hair on one side and I felt his chin on my shoulder as he holds me tighter.

"Better?" Chills all over my me. Back hugs are the best I tell you! It makes me feel things.

"You know I've been stopping myself from having skinships with you at school or here cause I know I won't be able to let go once I get a hold of you like this." He mumbles.

"What's stopping you?" I grumbled and he laughs making smile.

"I want us to graduate-

"What, you're afraid we'd get expelled for pda at school?"

"For the record, it'll only cost suspension but extreme pda does make us expelled."

"Pfft. You can't even do the extreme behind closed doo-" I gasped when spinned me so I can face him and deadass carried me to his lap

"You have no idea, bonita." Holyyy. The way his voice rasped as he calls me by his endearment which means beautiful. I suddenly forgot the regular pattern for my breathing.

His thumb caressed my lower lip as he stares at it while saying "you have no idea how I stop myself from pulling you in the middle of the hallway and kiss you senseless. Like this..." his hands cupped my face as he dips for a kiss and moved to my nape as he deepens the kiss.

We had our first kiss during the semestral break, during the festival as we watched floating lanterns being lifted up to the sky. It was magical and sweet like the other kisses we have but this was different.

"Holy crap." I panted as he let go, eyes hooded

"Now you know. So please stop provoking me." I nodded cause I think I'll have a heart attack if we do this often. He gave me a kiss on my forehead before he stood up to get us water. I tried to stand but my knees were weak.



He sighs and puts his pencil down and glanced at me to which I quickly looked away after being caught and tried focusing on my textbook. He groans and wiped rubbed his face with his hands and laughed. "This is why weekdays are for academics. You can't focus anymore."

I pouted and squinted my eyes at him "That was so good. Where'd you learn it from?"

He laughs some more but his face is turning red. "You can relax. Your lips are the only ones I kiss. That I can assure you."

I blushed but quickly snapped out of it and continuedto probe "You didn't answer my question." He looks at me and stands up.

"Where are you going?" I asked after he starts to put his things back on his bag

"Home. Let's call it a day." He chuckles andย  I scrambled up.

"But why? Are you guilty of something?" He pinches my cheeks and ruffled my hair "I don't know if you're just innocent or teasing me."

"What do you mean?"

"I could tell you it was a natural reaction when my lips found yours and follow my instinct and give you scientific reasons but that would be a lie. See you at school." He gave me a peck and I followed him out. He said goodbye to my parents and left.

"He's not staying for dinner? Why was his face so red?" She glares at me and I raised my hands up

"We're not doing anything wrong."

"Oh I know yedamie won't. It's you I'm worried about."

"Hey! He's still a guy-" I gasped and my eyes widened in realization. Oh that.

"What? What happened?" I didn't answer my mom as I feel my face getting hot. I slapped my palms over it and squealed. Running back to my room.

"That's why he looked so embarrassed." I whispered to myself and now I got embarrassed too. I squealed some more and hopped on my bed, rolling left and right. I stopped and sat up, using my hands to fan my face.

"Yedam, yedam, bang yedam.." I giggled then laughed. How can he be so hot in a second and cute the next.

I didn't nor provoked him after that but I get to cuddle with him as we study and he occasionally gives me those breath stealing kisses which makes my heart flutter every time.

We went on double dates with yuna and jaehyuk where I could witness his competitive side as a lover. They would also join us for a study session.

We fight sometimes too and it's hard to fight with smart people so I'll just give him the silent treatment knowing he'll have the last say to any arguments but he always always initiates the peace first even if it was my fault.

I smiled and looked ahead as he was called to the stage. "Let us hear the last opening remarks to start the school year from Student Council President, Bang Yedam in his last term."

I was once again taken back in time as I watch him give his speech. I feel overwhelmed as I remember this same scenario except that now, I'm not full of wishful thinking as I look at him from where I stand.

He ends his speech and caught my eye, giving me a wink, yuna bumped my shoulder making me giggle and clap like the rest of the students as we officially start a new school year that marks our last.

"Let's go?" He opened his palm to me and I grinned

"Kajja!" I intertwined my hands with his as we walked to our classroom.

We should really stop assuming on how we are perceived by others and be confident in our own skin. Throughout our relationship, yedam makes me understand that he was never out of my league cause I'm a league of my own. You are too.


- E n d -