๐Ÿ’Ž E i g h t e e n ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

"No way.." I whispered in disbelief. Still staring at my phone with wide eyes. Shaking my head, I threw my phone on yuna's bed.

"That can't be real. He said he loves me? That's impossible-ow!" I hissed, rubbing my arm after receiving a slap from yuna.

"I can't believe I didn't ask what happened sooner! Ugh!" She screams, pulling her hair out in frustration.

"Maybe we're just reaching, he might not know about the phrase for all we know."

"He has Japanese friends! He's smart and you said it yourself! There was no moon in sight when he said it!" She's pulling my hair as she screams on my ear.

"Does jaehyuk knows how violent you are?" I huffed after successfully pushing her off of me.

"Jaehyuk! Let's confirm it with jae." She looked for her phone but I jumped to it first before she can take it yelling "NO!"

"Once jae knows, everyone will know and what if we're wrong!" I kept the phone away from her reach but she's stubborn.

"Exactly, jaehyuk should know what's the real deal so let's go ask him if it is what it really is!" We wrestled on her bed and both ended up on the floor, groaning. We both stood up looking like a mess when a knock came and her door opened revealing her mom, "is everything alright?" She took a look at both us and her brows knitted together in concern "were you girls fighting?"

"No." Yuna and I answered at the same time.

"We were talking about Jaehyuk." I continued and Yuna elbowed me.

"See?" I pointed at yuna's action which proved my point on why we look like a mess. Jaehyuk's name made her mom smile and even clasped her hands together
"Oh uri jaehyukie~ you approve of him too minju?"

"Eommmaaa~" yuna whined and I just smiled, nodding

"Such a sweet boy, I already told her to say yes to him already before he gets taken by someone else." Yuna's dad cleared his throat and auntie turned around chuckling, slapping a hand to his arm which is a trait where yuna definitely takes from. "Aiyoo, don't pretend you don't approve of him, even minju approves and they're always together in school so she knows better-" We hear her mom convincing her dad to give his blessing, their voices fading into a distance as the door close and they walked away.

"Jaehyuk-a? Annyeong!" I was distracted with her parents' cute conversation that I didn't notice she already took her phone and called jaehyuk

"Ya!" I glared at her, giving her signals to end the call but she just put her phone on speaker phone

"Yuyu~ missed me?" I raised a brow at the endearment and she blushed. Huh, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to call Jaehyuk after all.

"Y-ya, I'm with minju and you're on speaker phone." She quickly tells him

"Ah, that's why you didn't call me jaejae." He chuckles and yuna blushed deeper making my jaw drop "heol. I've never seen your face so red before." I commented

"She's blushing?" Jaehyuk asks, hearing me

"Totally." I answered, even describing to him how my best friend looks right now and yuna's getting so frustrated as she threw a slipper at me which I dodged

"Ya jaehyuk, are you sure about yuna? Do you know how violent she can be?" I teased, laughing

"Ya! How did this become about me? I'm calling because of yedam!" I immediately stopped laughing

"Kaichou?"

"Did yedam tell you guys anything about minju?"

"Minju?" I bit my lips as I wait for him to continue

"I don't know... it's not my place to tell. Why don't you directly ask him, minju?"

"It's not that easy-"

"Yuna, I'm serious about you, I like you very much!" he proclaims and yuna immediately turns off the speaker phone and put it on her ear.

"I'll talk to you later, jaejae." Jaejae? "and I like you too." She says in a rush and quickly ended the call before jaehyuk can react.

"There. I said it." Yuna lets go of the breath she's holding and dropped to the floor "oh my gosh that was NOT easy."

"Exactly." I gestured my open palms to her, making a point. She jumped in her place when her phone rang and panicked "It's jaehyuk! What do I do? What do I say? Are we together now?" Instead of picking up the phone, she ends it.

"Ya! Why are you so panicky? You both like each other, no reasons not to be together?"

"Well yeah but how do I act? It's my first relationship. Is today our 1st day? Already? Just like that?"

I gave her the are-you-really-asking-me look "You're talking to me. No experience whatsoever but what do you mean how do you act? Yourself duh."

"So what are you gonna do if you're officially with yedam?" She threw the question back at me and I'm dead blank

"Huh" I slowly sat down on her bed, trying to comprehend her question. I mean, for longest time I've like yedam, I never actually thought of us happening. It's like how dare I even think of it. Now that the thought came, what if it won't work out? What if I realize I don't like him that much- "HA!" I scoffed at myself. What if he learns that whatever he saw in me to say those words to me was a mistake... what if he's now realizing it?

I could feel my eyes starting to burn when a finger snapped in front of my face "Hello? I am here. You're in my house. Talk to me and stop having an internal monologue by yourself."

"What do we do?" I helplessly asked and she heaves a sigh, sitting down next to me and shrugged.
We were engulfed by silence when we hear a thudding of footsteps, hot and heavy, clearly running up the stairs and a rapid knock came to her door before it slammed open by a sweaty and panting Yoon Jaehyuk. I winced hearing yunas's ear-splitting scream as she ducks down and rolled over under her bed so quick that I couldn't react

Jaehyuk gave me a breathy hi as he walks over. I nodded in acknowledgement and lifted my foot off the floor as Jaehyuk kneels down, crouching to look under the bed. "Yuna"

"Go away." I am appalled and amused at the same time.

"Come out of there. What did you tell me before you hang up?" Jaehyuk coaxed her gently. I titled my head at my view. It looks like jaehyuk is trying to reach for an untamed kitten from its hiding place.
"You could've just called!" I know she must be sweating from the heat down there and her face redder than she was earlier

"You wouldn't pick up. Come on out silly. It's hot in there."

"No!"

"Ok, scoot over then." Jaehyuk started to crawl under her bed, probably going next to her when yuna finally lets herself out, pushing him "Are you crazy?! It's dirty and dusty in there!" She huffs, hitting jaehyuk's arm but jeahyuk was just staring at her with a smile on his face

"See? You're covered in sweat." he chuckles, pulling a hanky from his pocket and wiping yuna's face with it.

"idiot. you're sweaty too." she mumbles, wiping his sweat with her hand. I slowly moved to stand from her bed, trying to leave when it creaked and they stopped starting at each other and turned to me.

"Oh no you're not leaving." Yuna points at me as Jaehyuk helps her to stand up

"I won't. I'm just giving you both privacy, that's all." Yuna chews on her cheeks and I know what she's thinking. "I promise. Call me when you're done talking." She nods and I went out of her room, slowly closing the door but leaving it slightly ajar.