๐Ÿ’Ž E p i l o g u e ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

"Yedam-ah!" Yedam looked at the source of the voice and saw an ambulanceย  near their house "Oh Hyung?"

Yedam quickly pedalled to yunhyeong who was about to go up the ambulance. "My wife's in labor and mom's being stubborn by opening the stall without me."

"Don't worry hyung. I'll go help her." Yunhyeong said thanks and yedam hurried over to the slope of the hill when he saw someone else had already beat him up to the task. Instead of going down to help, yedam was rooted on his spot as he watched the girl help halmeoni with a familiar uniform on.

"We're going to the same school." He subconsciously mutters and his heart flutters seeing her cheerful smile even though she was clearly struggling.

Drawn to the girl, yedam was only pulled back to his senses as she waves her goodbye so he quickly blocked her path. He wasn't able to help her with the wagon, offering her a ride was the least he can do.

Yedam was completely taken by her but he's the type to be contented by looking at her from afar. It is after all the first time he's feeling those things.

He thought it was only a simple crush, an admiration from the kindness she showed but gradually, he knew it was more than that as he starts to care for her more than he should have if it was only for a mere crush.

"Halmeoni, can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, anything for uri yedamie." Halmeoni adores yedam. When he was a kid he would always come and talk to her eventhough he can use his time to play with his friends

"Can you please give an apple to minju?"

"Minju?" The elderly tried to recall the name

"Yes, the girl who helped you that one time?"

"Oh her!" She brightened up remembering that cute girl who she always see passing her stall as she rides her bike to school.

"Yes, can you please toss her an apple everyday when you catch her going to school? I'll pay for it." Halmeoni chuckles, nodding and gently pats yedam's cheeks "uri yedamie is growing up now."

"A-aniyo halmeoni." He denies but the blush on his cheeks says otherwise.

"Anyway, thank you for doing me this favor." He bows in respect saying his goodbyes and hurried home.

"Why are you glaring at me like that? Ya, sahi. What did I do?" Jaehyuk ducks behind his Japanese friend to avoid yedam's glares

Doyoung chuckled saying, "he's just jealous." swinging an arm over yedam's shoulder only to be elbowed by his bestfriend.

"Jealous? At me?" Jaehyuk points at himself, putting an arm over asahi's small frame.

"Baka. I'm not in the same class but even I know." Asahi gave jaehyuk a judging look but not removing Jaehyuk's arm around him.

"Ya yedamie, I'll give you some advice..." Jihoon starts but junkyu scoffs before he can continue. "Advice on what? You can't even confess yourself."
"How about enough with words and let's fiat fight instead" and that's on a daily occurrence between the two.

"Aigoo, uri yedamie's growing up." Hyunsuk, being the drama queen that he is, wipes his invisible tears as he swiftly dodges Jihoon and Junkyu's fight.

"Hyung, you're making me feel old." Yoshi complains

"You should grab the chance during the feild trip and confess." Mashiho silently butts in between the chaos

"I agree! We can back you up hyung! Junghwannie and I can run errands for you." Jeongwoo says in confidence

"Babo. We don't have the same schedule as them." Haruto shakes his head at jeongwoo and smirks at yedam. "Hyung, just remember the line we told you. It's subtle and romantic. Works like magic" Haruto proudly says

"I don't get why saying the moon is beautiful relates to telling you like someone." Junghwan scratches his head

"Our maknae, you have so much to learn." Doyoung pats junghwan's head.

"Aish whatever. I'm not doing that. I'm contented with just looking after her at a distance." That's what he said but having her sleep next to him on the bus ride, seeing her being cornered by those drunkards, watching her sleep soundly as he waits for her friend to arrive and her hugging him tightly at the rooftop and telling him that she likes him made his mind go haywire and ended up saying the cheesy line his Japanese friends taught him.
"What do I do? You said it works like magic so why am I being avoided like a plague!?" His hyungs could only watch their usually calm and chill friend lose his mind over a girl. Not even a live debate could make yedam act like that. While his younger friends are in disbelief that he actually did it.

Yedam anxiously waits for her to pick up his calls or answer his texts but he gets nothing. He tried to approach her several times but noticed her discomfort so he distanced himself, not wanting to scare her.

He was contemplating whether to accept the offer to be an exchange student but decided it might be for the better. He can look for new ways to woo her while giving her space but he was worried he'll be too late so he sent her texts of his full confession before his flight but got no response as usual. But he's not gonna give up. He'll try again once he comes back but he was surprised when he was pulled by a cute bunny.

She came to airport wearing a cute rabbit onesie with her eyes and nose red. Gently hitting him and ranting that she's slow so he should've been more direct with his confession.

He doesn't know why she's crying like he'll never come back and by the way everything she said it seemed like she hasn't read his text. He can't help but chuckle at her cuteness and wiped her tears.

It took every will of his power not to board the damn plane but she was willing to wait. It was difficult. Oh how he regrets not kissing her as he left but he might have not left at all. Their stay got extended and he's dreading it. He did everything that he can to come home sooner.
Yedam smiles seeing her in her own little world but was worried at the same time on how clueless she was with her surroundings. "Aigoo Oh Minju, I should never let you out my sight." He chuckle and silently stood next to her and intertwined his hands to hers, surprising her.

Her tight hug made his heart warm as he wraps his arms around her waist. Finally having her in his arms. "I'm home."



"Yuna! Ppali!" I smiled watching her drag yuna towards me and jaehyuk as I extend my arms incase she trips, meeting her half way.

"Careful." She grins at me and gave me a peck on the cheek as she receives the bouquet of flowers I made for her.

"Sorry, the picture taking is endless." She huffs, rolling her eyes.

"Ironically, you came running for another photo op." I teased and she giggles

"Can't miss to have a photo next to our Valedictorian now can I?" I chuckled, fixing her hair. "Not so bad yourself miss third honorably mentioned" she beams and I smiled proudly at her. From out of the ranks to being third place.

"Couldn't have done it without you."

"Well, I was in it for the rewards." I joked, wiggling my brows and she blushed whining a cute "yaa~"

"Graduates, look here!" I pulled her closer to me.

"Three.. Two..."

"The moon is beautiful isn't it?" I whispered

"Hmm! And I'll gladly watch it with you." I looked at her and she smiles widely, pinching my cheeks.

"One." The camera clicked and a flash went off but my eyes were trained on her and she was only looking at me.