๐Ÿ’Ž S i x t e e n ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

"How long are you going to avoid him?" Yuna whispers. I have my head on her shoulder, pretending to be asleep on the bus ride home. Avoiding yedam or his friends at all cost. They were there at the rooftop too and I'm sure they saw our exchange so I won't be surprised if they knew what happened.

"No one's looking so you can answer." She added when she didn't get any answer from me. My eyes have been puffy from crying too much so I'm wearing sunglasses but even then I still continued to have my eyes closed as if I'm really asleep. I moved for a much more comfortable position and mumbled "later"

Yuna finally stopped asking questions and after an hour or so, hearing the loudness of the bus subside and replaced w/ soft snores... and loud ones, I opened my eyes and sure enough almost everyone is knocked out.

I slowly sat up straight, wincing.I did a short neck exercise to get rid of the stiffness I'm getting and carefully looked behind me to where yedam is seated. I sighed in relief seeing he's asleep. I was gonna sit back straight when my eye caught doyoung's who gave me a wink! I snapped my head back front and grumbled curses getting caught.

I shook my head and pulled my phone that had unread messages from yedam. He wants to talk about last night. What is there to talk about? I'm still healing from his rejection so I need time to fix myself first before I face him alone again. Or I'll end up breaking down infront of him and that's embarrassing.

"You really won't talk to him? How long are you going to avoid him?" I was startled when yuna spoke. I thought she was asleep!

I sighed and calmed my beating heart from the surprise I felt. "I don't know? Until next school year?"

She snorted "You do know there's still like a month left before this school year ends?"

"I know." I mumbled

"You're in the same class. It's almost impossible to ignore him."

"Well it's not like we talk everyday." I pointed. There were only a handful of moments where we spoke with each other and most of the time is because of my tardiness. Tardiness! I gasped and my eyes widened in realization.

"Figured you can't escape him since you're almost tardy everyday huh?" But I did it. After the field trip, I began to wake up early for school and never got late, never got too early either knowing yedam is usually one of the first person in school. Our class adviser and my parents couldn't believe it. Me? Never getting late? They said we should visit the temple we went on the trip cause it did me a miracle. They don't know the miracle was at a cause of my first heartbreak

I'm really thankful yedam's been busy with student council that he didn't have much time to approach me. During break time, if I see him going my direction, I go the opposite.

Days became weeks and I almost never spoke to him but of course it's inevitable to completely not have especially since we're classmates and there are class activities that requires socializing. But since we're surrounded by classmates, he can't bring it up.

I really wasn't able to talk to him about that night and I'm not sure if he still wants to. He might've noticed how I tried so hard to avoid him that he stopped trying.

I'm note sure why I got sad, but at the same time I felt relieved. My anxiety goes up whenever he comes near me and it shouldn't be that way. He's smart so might have observed my uneasiness. I wanted to talk to him just to assure him it's not because of him, that it's because of my own feelings but I'm not prepared.

Summer came and I'm sure that's enough time right? To get over a rejection?

Two months. I have two months to gather up my broken pieces and fix myself so when I see him again for the next school year, I will not only be ready to speak with him, but that will be enough time to accept that we will never happen.

"Oh minju!" Mom hollers from the kitchen

"I'm going! I'm going!" I yelled, running down the stairs. She's been craving apples! Yes, crave! Yes, I'll be a big sister. After all these years. Geez. I guess when I went for a field trip my parents went on a Honeymoon!

"Get green ones ok?" She reminds me as she gave me the money

"Green. Got it." I hopped on my bike and went to the convenience store but ofcourse they don't have apples. I face palmed and went back kut when I saw an elderly couple and remembered halmeoni!

I quickly pedaled my way to the route to school. Since I was never late again after the trip, I haven't seen the halmeoni who owns a fruit stall.

When I turned to that street, I was cautious incase I bumped into yedam since it's his neighborhood afterall. I'm also not sure if Halmeoni's stall is still up since it's Summer break and most of her costumers are from school.

"Halmeonii! Thank God you're still here!" I went down on my bicycle and ran up to her with a smile.

"Minju! It's been a while since I last saw you." I gave her a hug, she's been my savior wth the free breakfast she's been giving me

"I'm here to buy some apples, I'm glad you have green ones. My mom's craving." She gladly assisted me and when it was time to pay, I shook my head when she was about to give me the change.

"You can keep it. I'm not sure if that's even enough for all the free apples you've given me." I chuckled

"Free? Bu I only gave you a free apple once."

I laughed, thinking it's because she's getting old that she's being forgetful "Aigoo, I was always late so I had no proper breakfast so the apple you always toss me when I pass your stall has been helping life saving you know? It keeps me full and awake during classes. So really, you can keep the change."

It was her time to laugh "Minjuya, I'm greatful yku helped me that one time but I'm a business woman, there's no such thing as free. If I did that for free almost everyday I'd be at a lost." She chuckles

"But... I never paid for the apples.." my brows furrowed

"Your boyfriend did." My eyes widened. What boyfriend? No one has even courted me!

"Yedamie." My heart skipped a beat hearing his name.

"Yedamie always leaves me money before he goes to school and told me to give you an apple everytime you pass by if you seem to be in a hurry which is almost everyday."