๐Ÿ’Ž F i f t e e n ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

"You sure you're not coming with me?" I squinted my eyes at yuna. It's the last night and there will be a fireworks display so I wanted to go up the rooftop but she refused to go with me saying she can see it from the window anyway which was very unlikely of her.

"Stop looking at me like that, I'm not gonna sneak out and go out alone. There's just a live broadcast I don't wanna miss." I stared at her some more and she stared back

"Ok fine." She won the staring contest so I left and went to the fire exit and walked up the stairs leading to the rooftop.

I just hummed and not dare look down. Why did I use the stairs again when there's an elevator?

I wonder where yedam is. Probably out with his friends to make up with the time he lost last night because of me. I couldn't dare to text him. Even though I have his number I never really tried to contact him first. I always type what comes on top of my head but deletes it and try again but still not satisfied and end up not sending him anything at all.

I wheezed as I made the final step. I was so deep in thought with yedam that I missed to stop at any floor to use the elevator instead and just continued my way up to the top.

"Geez. And I thought I was already fit from all that exercise going to and from school." I huffed, doing a little stretch and looked around. There were few of the female seniors.

They waved at me and I gave them a small smile and waved back, slowly inching to the edge and looked at the view. There's nothing special really, nothing new from what he have back home. Just full of tall buildings and bustling cars on the road but there's something about the lights that makes it calming

"Careful." I spinned and found yedam wearing a simple loose sweatshirt and ripped jeans but it didn't fail to make my heart skip a beat.

"Hey." Really minju? Hey? What? I get tongue-tied!

"Where's yuna?" I turned my back on him as I answer "In our room. Watching tv"

"Waiting for the fireworks display?"

"Yea-Ya!!" He just hopped on the ledge and sat on it with ease but gave me an effin heart attack!

"C-can you g-get down." I hugged his waist on reflex! I was afraid he'd fall. "Please."

"Hm? I can't hear you." He's teasing me but I'm really scared! My heart is beating so fast. Just the image of him falling off...

"Hey, minju it's ok." I didn't realize I was shaking and that he had gone down.

"Minju." I feel his hands cupping my face but I still have my eyes shut and my hands curling up his shirt on either side if his hips.

"Oh minju." I finally opened my eyes and found his concerned look

"Don't scare me like that!" My voice shook. My eyes teary. My emotions are all over the place. We stared at each other for I don't know how long until a loud bang can be heard and I can see the bright colors light up the sky behind him that I became aware of our intimate postion.

"Ya Bang yedam." It's now or never. I pursed my lips and gulped.

"I like you, I really really like you." The fireworks was loud but my heartbeat was louder and he was close enough to hear what I said.

He let go and I bit my bottom lips, letting my hand drop to my sides as he put a hand on his waist looking down while rubbing his nape. The fireworks stopped and he looked at the sky clearing from smoke while I was just looking at him.

He cleared his throat then said, "the moon is beautiful, isn't it?" And looked at me.

I avoided his gaze. I get it. He don't feel the same so he was kind enough to pretend he didn't hear my confession and change the topic but it hurts. Can't he just reject me clearly? Cause then I wouldn't feel as though my courage is invalidated. But I can't ask him that too, I know he was just being kind and didn't want to hurt me or humiliate me.

I'm not humiliated but I'm hurt, and that's not his fault. It's all on me. He have no obligation to respond to it let alone feel the same. I know all that but doesn't stop me to not feel pain.

"Omo!" I awkwardly chuckled and fished out my phone from my pocket as if it vibrated and and answered the non existent call.

"Yuna, what? Ok, I'll be there." I braced myself and looked at yedam "I'm sorry, yuna needs me. Thank you."

"Minju wait!" But I ran full speed to the elevator and quickly pressed the button for it to close cause yedam was coming and I don't have anymore strength to face him.

I didn't meet anyone's eye in the hallways and ran to our room locking the door.

"You're back in a hurry, I told you I'm not snea- hey what's wrong?" I tried to keep it in, I tried not to cry as I sat down on my bed but just one look from yuna made me break down

"Ya! What happened?" She quickly came to my side but I couldn't speak. My heart felt heavy and constricted. It was so painful.

"Minju?" I slapped a hand on my mouth and stopped myself from sobbing loudly. It was yedam's voice followed by a knock.

"Did he make you cry? I'm going to-" I held yuna's wrist and shook my head no. She frowned and I tried to stop crying "I to-told him y-you needed me." I hiccuped.

"Go away! Minju is mine!" Yuna yells and he stops knocking

"Minju said it's urgent. Are you ok?"

"I'm fine! I just want to be alone with my bestfriend please!" Yuna slowly went towards the door and peeked to see if he's still outside

"He's gone." She walked back and gave me a hug, rubbing my back.

"Here, have some water." She let go of me so she can grab a water bottle from the fridge

"Thanks" I finally calmed down a bit but the tears were far from stopping.

"I confessed." It was more than enough for her to understand

"Aigoo. Come here." She pulled me for another hug and I continued to cry until I fell asleep.