๐Ÿ’Ž N i n e t e e n ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

I gasped when I bumped into someone, and twirled, finding yuna's parents behind me and they quickly gestured me to shut my mouth which I obliged to to.

"Let's go down." Yuna's mom whispered after peaking at Yuna and Jaehyuk having a serious conversation and I followed but Yuna's dad stayed behind to which auntie pulled his ear as he quietly whines, following her down stairs.

"You're leaving your dauighter with a boy in her room." Uncle scoffs as we reached the living room.

"A boy you let pass our main door and gave permission to go up to our daughter's room. You just want to eavesdrop." Uncle just cleared his throat and turned to me.

"Can you attest that he's a good guy for yuna?"

"hmmmm..." I teased and he stood up which I quickly grabbed on to his arm, letting him sit back down as I laughed. "Jaehyuk may be a prankster at times, but he's really sweet and besides, we know what yuna is capable of."

"How about you dear, any boyfriend you haven't told us?" Now the I'm the one in the hot seat. I just chuckled awkwardly and shook my head no.

"Well, there's a time for everything, I guess the time for yuna to date is now. Aigoo, when did you girls start growing up." Auntie dramatically sniffs and I chuckled just in time we hear a clearing of throat and found a blushing yuna and a shy Jaehyuk.

Yuna's parents immediately walked up to them while I followed behind. Yuna covers her face as her mom congratulates her on her first relationship while Jaehyuk was pulled away by yuna's father to the dining table, sternly given rules where he attentively listen to and even jotting down notes.

"You're finally official then?" I teased as yuna was released from her mother's hug.

"Yes? No? I guess? I don't even know. I mean... It's-it's kind of weird having to change a label so suddenly."

"It wasn't sudden silly," her mom chuckles. "You have to go through that glancing at one another, wondering how the other is doing and all that."

"You're reminiscing auntie." I giggled and she laughed

"But I'm not really sure what's next mom." we sat down at their sofa and yuna gave jaehyuk a glance before leaving him out of her sight,, he caught her eye and subtly winked, assuring her that he's doing fine.

"What's next? You spend more time together, get to know each other more and more. There's not really much of a change except for the boundaries."

"Boundaries?" she gave us a teasing smile and bumped her shoulder with yuna. "You very well know what I'm talking about." Oh yeah, that. So if yedam and I... I could feel a blush creep ito my cheeks so I started fanning my face with my hand.

I could feel yuna looking my way but she herself is blushing and whines at her mom that she doesn't need to elaborate further and gave her word not to cross the line.


"I feel like intruding on your first day." I commented as I ate my Ice cream. We went out to celebrate and yes with me being the third wheel.

"Nah, I'm the one who intruded on your girl's day and I believe you provoked her to confess." Jaehyuk smiles, bumping his head gently on yuna's as we were walking to the park with his arm over her shoulders.

Yuna elbows him lightly, denying of the confession. "It wasn't a confession, it was a response to your confession."

"You still finally told me you liked me back. It's still a confession." Jaehyuk grins and yuna rolls her eyes but smiles anyway. They're so cute!

"Speaking of confession, did you know yedam confessed to minju during the last night of our feild trip?" Yuna just casually threw that question and unsuspecting Jaehyuk nods,ย  "Yeah, he was so cute getting embarassed. It was our first time seeing him so flustered. He said he messed up." He chuckles, as he continues to eat his ice cream

I stopped walking, and jaehyuk's eyes widened in realization while yuna squealed, pointing at me "I TOLD YOU IT WAS A CONFESSION! I TOLD YOU SO"

"I wasn't supposed to say that didn't I?" Jaehyuk bites his bottom lip and stand leans in one leg with his free hand on his hip while the other is stretched out, holding a melting ice cream

"Don't worry, I'll cover for you." Yuna pinches his cheeks lovingly and he gives up, resuming to eat his ice cream.
"What do you mean he messed up?" I finally found my voice, discarding my trash, suddenly feeling full.

"Well, you weren't talking to him and you were clearly avoiding him. Everyone could notice it." yuna pouts at me and I slouched

"Well that's- because I-" I squatted down and grumbled "I'm the one who screwed up."

"Don't worry, I backed you up, I assured yedamie you have feelings for him."

"You did? But how do you know my feelings?" He chuckles

"It's actually how we got to know each other better than just being classmates." He pointed to yuna and she nods "True. Now that I think about it, I may have not much interaction with jaejae if I haven't been guarding him from teasing you about liking yedam or being teased with him." My mouth fromed an O, remembering that time Jaehyuk caught me looking at yedam making him tease me and me being in denial and not noticing our teacher coming which lead to me getting linked with Jaehyuk at one point.

"But I still don't know how to face him. How do I approach him?"

"Well, There's still about two weeks left for the new school year to start. That'll be enough time for you right?"

"I don't know.. will he still like me? Maybe he's moved on from me over the summer? What if there's a new kid who's not only prettier but smart too? What does he even like about me?" I pant from my word vommit.

"Stop over thinking. You'll only get your answers after talking to him." Jaehyuk adviced

"What he said." Yuna shrugs. I let the couple enjoy their time while I think of what to do. I tried composing a text but haven't sent any. I thought about calling but decided against it. I'll just think about it when I get back home.