๐Ÿ’Ž T w o ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

I groaned as I covered my ears with my pillow to block the noise from my alarm. Whyy? Whyy do we start school so early?

"Oh Minju!! You're gonna be late again if you don't get up and you're going to blame me again!!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs and I lazily sat up with my covers still around me, my eyes half close.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I groggily yelled, turning the alarm off and sighed, staring blankly at the wall. I slowly leaned back and laid back down again.

"I still want to sleep~" I whined, wanting to cry. "The bed is so comfy" I started kicking, my blanket off me as I rambled on and on when my second alarm rang and I gasp, sitting right up and checking my phone

"Again?!" Aishh! I hurried towards the bathroom and got ready ten minutes tops.

"I won't be surprised if you'll have a medal Best in Tardy when you graduate." mom rolled her eyes as I put a sanwhich on my mouth and ran out to my bike. After that time,ย  I convinced my parents to buy me a bicycle but it didn't really make any difference as I always manage to be late. At least I get to have my daily exercise.

I was hoping to bump into yedam again by going through the same route but turns out he's like one of the first persons in school. I tried making that as my inspiration to wake up tad early but my body just won't cooperate with me.

"Minju-ya! Late again? Here, catch." I paused and caught the apple just in time.

"Are you not going to make me pay again? I just helped you that one time." She never failed to give me an apple everyday whenever she sees me pasing through her fruit stall

"Go! You're going to be more late than you already are."ย  I smiled and raised the apple in my hand "Thanks halmeoni!" I continued on my way and will eat the apple later. I'm grateful for it cause I don't really get to have a proper breakfast and it always makes up for it.

"Minju-ya, late again." The guard has become my best buddy because of my tardiness. After locking my bike, I carefully craned my neck to see who's incharge. Everyday, different student council officers are in charge with the late comers and I'm hoping it won't be yedam. When being punctual was the least I could do to at least make up for everything I lack but still fail at it.

I crouched and walked towards the line for the late comers, ducking my head and using my hand to cover my face when a pair of black shoes blocked my way. Gulping, I slowly looked up just when yedam crouched down to my level

"Oh minju. Late again?" He teased, smirking and my knees weakened that I fell on my bum.

He chuckled, reaching out his hand for me "You ok?"

I calmed the erratic beating of my heart and hesitantly reached for his outstretched hand. "Yeah." I managed to croak out and gasped when he pulled me up, not expecting the force that I stumbled to his chest.

Don't blush, don't blush, don't blush! I chanted on my head but its too late. I feel the hotness spreading from the back of my neck towards my cheeks. I can't take my eyes off of him.

"You're red, are you sick?" He felt my forehead with his other hand cause the other is still holding my hand and I quickly moved back like I've been burned.

"I-I'm ok. Just the sun." I stuttered but I feel like my heart's gonna jump out of my chest. I hear someone snicker and turned to see Yuna, my best friend trying to stop herself from laughing and avoiding my gaze. She's late too.

"I'll go in line now." I awkwardly smiled and ran towards yuna and smacked her arm

"Stop laughing," I hissed but she only giggled louder "You look so sweet earlier~" She teased and I can't help myself from grinning and she laughed out loud, pointing at me "You're so red!"

"You two, stop talking and pay attention." I immediately straightened out and chewed on my inner cheeks to stop grinning from ear to ear and listened to yedam. After the flag ceremony we were told to do 1hr community service after school which was something I should not be proud of getting used to.


"Oh minju, wait a sec. Yuna, you can go ahead." Yuna discreetly gave me a teasing glance and went ahead. Aishhh! What does he want now?

"What is it? First period's about to start." Good job with not stuttering minju. I patted myself in the head.

"You do know three consecutive lates is equivalent to one absent right?" He gave me a stern look, going closer and took every will power not to seem affected and stay my ground.

"*A-ara." I can't help but stutter when he's this close and looking at me straight in the eye. I used my grandma's tactics to stare at someone's forehead, in between their brows instead if you're awkward with straing in the eye which is what I'm doing now.

"If you keep getting late you'll have absences and 10 absences could get you suspended." Now I feel like crying. It's so embarrassing getting told like this by someone you like!

"Do you want that?" I vigorously shook my head, feeling my eyes sting.

"What do you plan to do about it?" My eyes snapped to his and I was taken aback with his question. What do I plan about it? It's a habit I can't just overcome overnght. There are days I'm not late too, it's just that I have more days when I am.

"I... I don't know." I looked down to my feet and he sighs

"Give me your phone." I handed him my phone with a pout

"I already put alot of alarms but it obviously doesn't work." I hear a phone ringing and I looked up to see him pulling his phone from his pocket and handed me back mine.

"You're not only a student in this school but you're also my classmate. As both student council president and class president, I will help you. Pick up my calls or else." He pointed at me using his phone and I subsconsciously nodded.

"*Kaja." I stayed rooted on my spot, holding my phone (*let's go.)

"Oh Minju!"

"Y-yes!" I quickly followed him inside the room, not knowing what to feel.