๐Ÿ’Ž O n e ๐Ÿ’Ž

BYD | He's Out of My League

"Let us hear the opening remarks to start the school year from Student Council President, Bang Yedam." Students applaud and my heart raced as I watch him make his way to the stage. It was around this time, when I first met him.


One year ago...

"Maaa~ Why didn't you wake me up?!" I whined as I hurried down the stairs.

"You're already in high school, you should learn to wake up by yourself." Aish! I opened my palms to dad for my allowance but before he can put it, mom snatched it from him

"Eat your breakfast first." I stomped on my feet, whining "But I'm already running late!!"

"Go then with an empty stomach and no allowance." I grumbled and took a sit, shoving rice and eggs on my mouth

"Slow down, you're going to choke." Dad chuckled

"I'm nate!!" I answered with my mouth full

"Whose fault do you think that is?" Mom snorts and I pout, chewing in a hurry and drank my water then opened my palms to mom. I dashed out as soon I received my allowance.

I tapped on my foot as I wait for the bus and checked my wrist watch. "Aigoo, *haksaeng" I turned to an older lady looking at me "the bus already left, the next one won't be here for a while." (*student/pupil)

"Ah, neh." I bowed thanks to the lady and chewed on my inner cheeks. What do I do now? First day in high school and I'm gonna be late. I can make a run for it and arrive just in time but I'll be very sweaty. Groaning, I made sure I tied my shoelace tightly and huffed, doing a little stretch and putting my backpack on properly instead of slinging it over in one shoulder and ran.

I was alread out of breath three minutes in but I don't have time to stop. Good thing is I can go through shortcuts. I can already see the roof of the school at a distance and became more determined when I see a grandma pulling up her fruit-filled wagon on an uphill slope. I looked at the school and back to the grandma, contemplating.

"*Halmeoni! I'll help you!" I ran up to her side and took charge of her wagon (*grandma)

"Aigoo, you don't have to."

"Just above the slope right?" She nods

"It's on my way anyway. Come on." She smiles and gratefully thanked me while I kept quiet cause I'm in a struggle. Gosh, how can someone as old as her make it up there?

"My son usually helps me set up the fruit stand but his wife is giving is in labor right now." she explains and I nodded.

"Here you are." I smiled and she handed me an apple

"Accept it as my thank you." I waved goodbye and ran again when a bicycle stopped infront of me, blocking my way. I looked up to a boy my age with the sun shining on his silhouette as he blocks the light.

"Hop on." I blinked

"You're going to St. Claire's right?" I nodded and he moved his bike then turned his head back to me

"I'm also going there, hop on." No time to argue, I sat at the back seat of his bicycle sideways and when I was contemplating where to put my hands, his hand reached for mine and guided it on his waist.

"Hold on." He smiles at me and my heart skipped a beat. I was worried with my weight at first but he rode his bicycle with ease like I am weightless. He must be strong, not to mention my books adding to my weight.

Because of him, I arrived in school with enough time to fix myself. I learned we were both freshmen and are in the same class. I got to know more of him and the more I know him, the more my feelings grew. It was not hard to fall in love with him.

He is an amazing person. Straight A student, skillful athletic abilities, he is also kind and good-looking. Not the flower-boy type but the manly type with sharp jawline and sharp manly features. He's good at everything that I can't help but feel intimidated with liking him. Unlike him, I'm plain, my academic standing is so-so, I at sports except chess- the only sport in school that does not involve balls.


Present

"Yedam's gonna melt with your stares." My best friend giggled and I elbowed her

"Shut up." I hissed, carefully looking around if any of his friends heard it and sighed in relief when they're not around. Doyoung might tease me for it but he'll be subtle about it without yedam knowing but Jaehyuk, gosh jaehyuk! that human speaker will tell the whole school.

"Oh look, Chaeryeong is next to yedam." She whispers, teasing. As if liking yedam isn't intimidating enough, girls who openly likes him is actually on par with him with beauty and brains. Even some girls on the higher level shows interest with him but then again, him and his circle of friends are well known all over campus.

So how can I dare to confess to him how I feel? It will just be embarrassing. I'm just lucky to be in the same class as him that I can see him everyday and casually talk to him in a calm manner even if my heart feels like it's gonna jump out of my ribcage every time. i thankfully don't blush immediately so I can still act cool.

Instead of gathering courage to confess, I gather up strength instead, strength not to break if I ever hear him dating. We are afterall, in that age where we can date and he can make any girl fall and whoever that girl he may end up with will be the luckiest girl ever! I can only dream cause he's way out of my league. I will just cherish our moments together and smile like an idiot every time I reminisce.



๐Ÿ’Ž

A/N: I cannot stop the feels so I'm starting this and maybe I'll get to finish the series before they debut. I think this series will only be short. BTW, Can you give me Korean names for OC?

- c a r e t