Change of Heart

One day you'll be sorry

Key's POV

I wanted to punch Minho right then. Not only for casually standing in the background, knowing everything that was going on and watching me act like an idiot, but also for coming back in to make me look more like a pabo. 

I puffed out my cheeks, trying to sort my thoughts out. Minho had explained the whole story to me, and warned me not to tell anyone, but I was still a bit confused. In a way, I felt really sorry for her, understanding why she had played those pranks...even if she sometimes played them on the wrong person...A few questions popped into my head, and questions popped into my head.

1. Why didn't Jonghyun recognize JoJung in the first place?

2. How did JoJung even fall for the blockhead in the first place?

3. How the heck was Jonghyun able to make girls fall for him? Couldn't they see how stupid he was? 

I'll ask JoJung at school. I glanced at the clock. 

OH SHOOT!!!! I have to go cook dinner!! 

____________________________________

JoJung's POV

"Pepper spray?" Dongwoon asked.

"Check," I answered.

"Taeser?"

"Check."

"Guns?"

"Um...Dongwoon, we don't even own one," I gave him a look. He chuckled.

"One day we will," he ruffled my hair, making my hair all messy and tangly. I rolled my eyes.

"Make sure to get out of school alive," Dongwoon chatised me. I brushed off his hand and ran downstairs to eat breakfast. 

"Wait for me!!" Dongwoon whined.

We were scarfing down our breakfast when the doorbell rang.

Ding Dong!!

"GET DE DOOR!!" I ordered Dongwoon, my mouth stuffed with bread. 

"YOU GEF GE FOOR!!" Dongwoon shoved another mouthfull down his throat. I kicked him, making him choke and spit his food out. Then I cringed in disgust.

"*COUGH COUGH* Fine!!!" he wiped his mouth, openning the door.

"Anyeonghaseyo!" I heard a familiar voice.

"We're here to pick up JoJung," another very familiar voice added.

"Is she here?" asked another. Not believing my ears, I swallowed my food and peeked at the doorway. 

Five guys were waiting outside, wearing ridiculous nerdy glasses, wigs, and fake noses. At first I didn't recognize them, since they were fidgeting around and not emiting much charisma since they were wearing such goofy things. 

Dongwoon shook his head sympathetically and sighed, "She's not here right no-"

"What are you talking about, Dongwoon?! I'm right here!" I huffed, appearing at the door.

"Great, are you ready to go to school?" Key smirked. Uh oh, the grand mastermind is up to something.

Dongwoon snapped, "Of course she isn't!! We were e-" 

"Sure! Just let me get my stuff!" I pasted on a fake smile. I couldn't run away forever. I climbed the stairs, stuffed my homework into my bookbag, and returned all ready to go.

"Here, do you want me to carry that?" Taemin offered. I could feel Dongwoon's glare burn holes into my back.

"No, it's okay," I replied, remembering about the taeser and the pepper spray in my bag. 

"If you screw around with my precious sister, I WILL COME AFTER YOU AND KILL YOU!!!" Dongwoon threatened Shinee as we left. Why is he so weird?! 

"That's your brother?!" Minho stared at me in wonder. 

"You can't tell?" I asked. 

"Nope."

"Good." 

We walked in silence, an awkward tension in the air. I tried to relax, but knowing the person who caused half the Korean female teenage population to hate me was just a few feet away didn't really help. At least Key wasn't looking particularly malicious today... or focused on annoying me. In fact, he seemed kind of sad. It was obvious he was trying to start a conversation with Taemin, who ignored him.

We finally arrived at school, and Key still looked perplexed. Girls were crowding around Shinee like usual, but when they saw I was still in the group, they quickly turned sour.

"Oppa!! Why is she still with you!?" one Locket asked Key.

"Well...we're protecting her," Key mumbled. What? I goggled Key. Was this a change of heart?...Or did some alien kidnap him and replace him with a nice version? 

"What?" the girl gasped.

"JoJung was mistreated!! We don't want friends of ours to be persecuted just because we were friends with them!!" Onew declared. The MVP's swooned in  adoration. 

"Yeah! That's right!!" a few of the Taemints cheered. The Lockets glared at them, but they couldn't protest against the idol of their fandom, Key, so they left. 

As we walked to class, I pulled out my pepper spray, cautious about the change in Key. 

"What's all that about?!" I whispered to Taemin. He just shrugged his shoulders, knitting his eyebrows in confusion. Minho coughed from behind me. 

"Key has something to say," he announced as we entered class. He looked at the floor.

"Uh...well...I'm sorry," he mumbled.

"Louder," Taemin pressed. Key looked up in surprise and brightened.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do those mean things," he stated, loud and clear. "Please forgive me!" and something else in which he mumbled under his breath. Jonghyun, who was next to him punched him lightly in the shoulder. 

"Um..sure, I guess?" I squeaked. I wasn't quite sure what to say. 

"Anyways, since Key is really sorry..." Minho prompted.

"I'm going to try to protect you from my evil fans," Key sighed, "They're not evil though!! They're actually really nice!! Last week, a Locket sent me some cucumber lotion, and it works MIRACLES on my skin!!" 

Minho snorted.

Jonghyun cleared his throat.

"I also have something to say," he pulled out a piece of paper. 

"JoJung. I'm so sorry for what I did in the past. I didn't mean too!! I just some extra cash to buy that membership for the gym. I din't want to hurt your feelings...besides, I was just a stupid ignorant and selfish boy! Please forgive me!!" 

"What are you talking about?!" 

"The bet," Minho answered. He knew? Even while I played those pranks?!

"What?! You knew?!" Jonghyun echoed my thoughts, "Then why didn't you try to save me from that dirt!!?"

"And the skirt accident," Key inserted.

"Who told you?!" I demanded. Right then, Yongsuk ran inside the classroom, looking around frantically. When she saw me, she paused.

"JOJUNG!!! DON'T GO TO THE STATES!!! I NEED YOU!!" she wailed.

"Her," Minho pointed. Wow Yongsuk, way to spill the beans.

"Wait, YOU'RE GOING TO THE STATES?!" Taemin gasped.

_____________

_____________

I'm sorry I didn't update for some time!! I kinda hit writer's block..... like usual TT.TT

So there was a ton of dialogue in here....but I hoped you guys liked it!!-LOLxbox