Fixing You

Fragile

Waking up to the unfamiliar place, Seulgi couldn't deny she felt comfortable. Wrapping herself inside the white blanket and the comfy bed. Seulgi felt like she's in heaven. But her headache is the one who bothering her. Which make her asking where she is. Of course she is surprise and scared. All she can remember was last night she went out to 7 eleven to eat and then suddenly her old friends in high school came and bullied her. 

She was scared to death. All the memories flashback through her mind and all she can see was darkness. The memories of her being exhiled, being bullied by the whole school flashed through her mind like there is no tomorrow. After that she didn't remember anything. Slightly she can remember someone tapped her shoulder and calling her name but it was blurry. 

"Seulgi?" 

The door of the room open and reveal the least girl she expect to be here. Of all people out there, Seulgi always stuck with the least person whe wanted to meet even though they are friend. 

"Irene?" 

"Are you okay?" 

"W-where am I?" 

"Ah. You're in my house" 

"Wae?" 

Irene tilted her head look confuse at Seulgi. She didn't remember anything from last night?

"You don't remember anything?" 

"I remember little" 

Irene nod with a little unsure. She wonder how broken Seulgi is until it make her didn't remember much but only the bad parts of what happened last night. How bad was it? Irene decided to tell Seulgi everything what happened last night. From her expression, Seulgi didn't show much. She was expressionless. Irene wonder what is she thinking considering she didn't remember Irene was there last night. Did she knew how bad the past impacted her? 

"I-I'm sorry I didn't remember you were there last night"

"It's okay. Are you okay now?"

"My head hurts a little. But I'll be okay" Irene nod.

"Well. I made you breakfast. Let's eat together" 

~~~

Both Irene and Seulgi sit together in the dining room. The breakfast was served in American style. Somehow Irene find herself missing United State. More specifically, she miss Jisoo. Her sister currently is taking medical study as her major. That's probably why that girl is really hard to get in touch for several days. If Seulgi knew Jisoo is taking medical studies, she must be so proud of her. Jisoo might also happy for Seulgi for taking biology as her major. 

Sometimes they would have a small talk in the middle of their breakfast. Slowly Irene gets to know Seulgi better. She live with her cousin who is attending high school and also she learn that Seulgi went to the hospital the other day because of her cousin. Apparently her cousin fell down from the bicycle and she have to come and pick her up since her family isn't in Seoul. 

"So you're from United State?" ask Seulgi.

"Yes. I live there since I was in high school. Then I cameback to take care of some company matter here in Korea" 

Seulgi nod in understand. Knowing that Irene came from United State, she wonder if Jisoo ever think of coming back here. She rerally miss the girl. But apparently that girl didn't. Seeing how the girl never replied any of her emails and never contacted her for the past few years. She probably happy there and maybe she's taken. Who knows? Thinking of Jisoo make her want to puke. What happened to her in the past won't happened if only Jisoo didn't left. If only Seulgi knew her feeling faster maybe, maybe they can hide their relationship.

If only it wasn't so hard in the past, Seulgi wouldn't be so fragile right now. What can she do now was to fight it but it seems she can't. She doesn't know how. 

"Do you have class today?"

"Yes I do actually"

"Well, I'll give you a ride then"

"No, it's okay Irene. I don't want to be burden to you"

Irene chuckled.

"Come on"

Seulgi was about to deny but Irene had left to her room. She really don't want to disturb Irene. That girl probably busy with her work and she doesn't want to interupt at all. But apparently that girl didn't mind at all and it seems she will get mad at her if she deny her offer. At the end Seulgi took the ride with Irene to her university completely forget about Wendy.

Last night she didn't know how panic Wendy was after she receive a call from Yeri telling her Seulgi didn't come home last night. Wendy was damn worried. She called Seulgi several times and apparently Seulgi haven't check her phone yet until she arrive in the university. 

"Thank you for the ride, Irene. Please let me repay your kindness" 

"You don't have too, Seulgi"

"Please I want to" Irene think for awhile then she give her a smile.

"Grab dinner with me"

"Huh?" 

"You know my place. Goodbye Seul"

Just like that, her car drive away leaving Seulgi confuse. 

"YA! KANG SEULGI!!!" 

~~~

The brunnette girl remain silent. She look outside the car window looking at the beautiful New York sky. After a few years, she finally back to the country where she found the love of her life. She wonders if the girl still remembers her. Why she felt so uneasy? Like she have this guilt after she left Korea. Meeting Joohyun and settle everything with her back there should make her feel at ease. But why does her heart feel so wrong?

She wonder why. But that doesn't stop her from driving to where her love studies. She heard that she went to medical school and Jennie is so proud of her. 

After her landing, she searched for bouqet on her way to the university where she will be teaching. She got an offered to teach in the university she had dreamed of long time ago and it was such an honor for her to received such an invitation directly from the head of the university. Also she could possibly teaching her crush and it means more time with her. Who knows right? 

When she finally arrive at the university, Jennie couldn't stop herself from screaming. The university is just how she imagined. Look beyond classic just like a castle in Harry Potter's movie. She took the bouqet she bought on her way here and contact the girl she have been wanting to meet since the last time she was here in United State. 

"Hello?"

"Hi, Jisoo. It's me, Jennie"

"Jennie? Wait. You're in New York?" 

"I'm in your university. Is it a good time to meet?"

"I'm free at the moment. I'll come to you just tell me where you are"

~~~

"So you're telling me you slept over to this Irene girl house?"

"Wendy-ah. I wasn't just slept there. I was collapsed"

"WHAT?! Seulgi-ah. Did it happened again?"

Seulgi nod. Wendy knew everything that happened to Seulgi. She even witnessed how Seulgi become so fragile the time she was so drunk and cried all day because of Jisoo and her past. One day she met her old friend in high school and Seulgi couldn't stop remembering what happened back then. Wendy sure was scared seeing how fragile Seulgi is. So it triggered her knowing Seulgi collapsed yesterday. 

Must be pretty bad. Wendy hug Seulgi. She couldn't imagined what Seulgi had been through. She must be so scared and she was glad that Irene was there for Seulgi. Irene seems like a good person. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you"

"It's okay, Seungwan-ah"

"Do you tell Irene everything?"

"No. She didn't even bother to ask me during breakfast" 

Wendy nod. She probably didn't want to push Seulgi through her darkness. Who is this Irene really. She seems like a good person. Thought Wendy. 

"If I ever met one of your high school friends, I won't hesitate to kill them!" said Wendy while making a fist and angry face which Seulgi find it so funny.

"What?" ask Wendy.

"You don't need to. Come on silly. We have class to attend"

~~~

"Don't you have surgery?"

"No. Why? Unnie! I'm so tired you know! Even though I like my job but having two surgeries in one day are really tiring!"

"Arasseo arasseo. Stop whinning!"

After attending a meeting with the board member, Irene walk back to her office only to find Joy waiting in her office. This morning Joy asked her if she is free and she told her she'll be free after lunch time. With that, they decided to have lunch together inside Irene's office room. 

This morning, after Irene dropped Seulgi she found herself wanting to do that everyday. Dropping Seulgi off to her university and pick her up after that. She willing to be by her side all the time and protect her from this cruel world. Mostly she wanted to see her smile and her beautiful eyes. For the sake of her sister, she wanted Seulgi to be strong and she wanted to help her.

It is the least she could do for her sister. Fixing Seulgi is her main priority and in order to do that she must stay close to her. Before she could finally bring her back to United State and finally meeting Jisoo after all those years.

Irene didn't realized she was dazing off. She didn't touch her food while Joy is having fun with her food and she realized Irene isn't focusing with her food. She know something must be bothering her.

"Unnie. What are you thinking?"

"Huh? Nothing, Joy"

"Oh, come on. I know you so well. Just tell me unnie"

Irene chuckled. Her best friend knows her very well.

"Do you remember the girl I told you about? The girl who I met during my visit to your hospital"

"Ah, yes. Did you met her again?"

"That girl. She used to be Jisoo crush back in high school"

"So, she's the reason you came here"

"Yes and not really. I do have things to settle with my company here" Joy let out a laugh.

"She been through a lot, Joy. A lot than I knew before"

"What happened?"

Irene told Joy everything that happened yesterday and her best friend quiet shocked. She still couldn't believe in this modern times there are still people who against LGBTQ+. Well maybe there still a lot of people against it but mostly they tend to keep to themself. After all there's the law that protect people like them. They shouldn't be scared but it appears Seulgi still stuck in the past and her mind seems can't accept the changes. 

"Well that's a big problem" said Joy.

"Yes and I want to fix her, Joy. I want her to be not afraid anymore"

"Then do it"

"I will. For the sake of my sister"

Her decision had been decided only that she didn't know the consequences in the future. She didn't realized her heart slowly getting close to Seulgi by lying to herself that she did all of this for her sister. While actually she's doing it for herself. Irene didn't realized it. She's hurting herself and Seulgi at the same time.