I'm Sorry

Fragile

It's been hours ever since Irene left the university, leaving Seulgi and Wendy confused and panic. Seulgi surely panic because she was caught talking about the older girl. Irene must be unhappy to heard how she letting her go for Professor Suho. But what confuse her more is, what happened to her? Irene is not that kind of girl who easily cry, Seulgi knows that. 

The older girl must have been through something. Seulgi and Wendy had tried to reach the older girl. But she didn't answer any of their calls. Didn't reply to any of their messages. They even went to Irene's house but it's empty. Then they went to the Seoul National Hospital but Irene was nowhere to be seen. The nurses in the hospital told them that Joy is having surgeries and seminar to attend. It make sense Irene wasn't seen there. 

Now, both Seulgi and Wendy didn't know where else to go. 

"Do you know where else Irene will go?" asked Wendy.

"I don't know. She never told me"

"Perhaps her office?"

"I don't know. I never went to her office and that place could be the last place she will go. She hates her office"

Wendy sigh.

"I'm worried Wendy"

"Me too. We need to find her real quick" 

"I know" 

Seulgi close her eyes and clench her hands. She realized she had just made the biggest mistakes ever. She still remembers how Irene look at her. Those eyes staring at her with anger. Like the older girl really hates her. She didn't know why but it really hurts her. It feels like her heart is being tortured by those stare and she can't help but to be bother by it.

She found it weird actually. Why Irene looks like she hate the fact that Seulgi wanted her to be with Professor Suho? Isn't it normal? Irene never had feeling for her and Seulgi knew she's straight. But that's what she believes. She didn't know if it's real or not because she never comfirm it. 

"I know I shouldn't tell you this because I'm not in the position to tell you. But seeing the situation, I have no choice. You have to know"

"What?" 

~~~

Irene her eyes still can contain her tears to stop. All she can do is sobbing and crying...alone on the bench in the park. The park where Irene met Seulgi for the third time. That meeting was their first time talking to each other. Even though it was a short encounter, that day mean everything for Irene.

It was the time where they introduce each others name. Irene remember how happy she was to meet Seulgi that day. After her meeting with Jennie, she felt the world stop. When she met Seulgi she felt so happy and it felt like the world move again. Now she realized she had fallen for the girl so deep since very long time.

And it hurts to know that Seulgi thought Professor Suho deserve her more than herself. She didn't know the Professor she thought deserve her is a . Irene couldn't believe her at all. She hate Seulgi for thinking like that. It's okay if she thought her as a close friend but it become  a problem when Seulgi wanted her to be with Professor Suho. While a few hours ago, that jerk almost her.

If only she didn't learnt Taekwondo back in the days, she won't be able to free herself. She didn't made it to black belt but it was enough for her to defense herself. 

Soon after she left the university, she asked Minho to take her here and here she is. Looking at the beautiful view infront of her and she wish her life could be just beautiful like that. It's been hours and her phone never stop ringing. She knew, Seulgi probably searching for her by now. Wendy too. But she don't care. She wanted to be alone for now. 

Her heart still hurt and she need time to heal it. To do so, she need time alone. 

~~~

"Wendy-ah. I will go back to Irene's house. I'll wait for her there. Meanwhile I wanted you to contact Doctor Joy. She have to know that Irene went missing. She probably know where she is. Here. I give you her phone number"

"Okay. Call me when you get her" Seulgi nodded.

Seulgi took a cab to Irene's house meanwhile Wendy stay in the hospital waiting for Doctor Joy. She currently in a seminar and the nurses there told her it won't take too long since she had been there for two hours. 

After Wendy told Seulgi everything. Starting from how Irene sincerely love her and she's not straight like Seulgi thought, Seulgi knew she just fooled herself. She realized she was lying to herself and believe that Irene is straight. She's being a coward again. 

Wendy made her realized the way Irene acted to her wasn't friend to friend. But more than just a friend. Seulgi was blinded by her past that made her scared to admit that the way Irene acted towards her is more than just friend. In fact everything Irene did to her is more than friend. It's an act that come straight from Irene's heart. A pure love.

Seulgi realized how she had been such a coward and blinded by her past. Jisoo made her like this. She was about to blame herself again when Wendy encourage her. Telling her that everything that happend wasn't her fault. It's progress for he to become better. Seulgi shouldn't be blaming herself for everything that happened because none of it are her fault. 

What Seulgi have to do now is find Irene and tell the older girl that she love her. That she is sorry for what she said, for being blind by herpast, for not realized the older girl feeling sooner and that she wanted to fix everything. 

And that is exactly what Seulgi wanted to do now. She won't make the same mistakes anymore. She have to find the girl, reach for her, and say sorry for everything she had said. After that she will ask her what happened to her since she knew something must happened to her before she came and eavesdropping their conversation. 

Soon after Seulgi arrived in Irene's house, she wait infront of her house. It's 6 in the evening but the girl was nowhere to be seen. Seulgi decided to wait a little longer before she search around the neighborhood. While waiting she couldn't help herself being so worried for the older girl. And then she can't help herself for remembering what the older girl had done to her.

How Irene always been there for her, patiently waiting for her, and how the older girl always took care of her. She realized how she have always depend herself on Irene. She remember the night they went to Namsan Tower. She was looking for Irene and all she can think of is the older girl. She used to be haunted by Jisoo's face. When she left her alone in the airport. But that day, all she can see was Irene's face. The urge of wanting to hug the older girl so bad.

She realized she love Irene so much. 

It's been one hour since she waited in front of Irene's house and there is no sign of her car. Seulgi become even more worried. Wendy and Joy didn't get any clue of where Irene whereabout. At the end Seulgi think very hard of the possibility Irene will go to.

The park.

She cursed herself for not thinking of that place. The park is the place where she met Irene during her hard time. She saw how sad the girl was that time and that girl probably been there since the afternoon. Without thinking anything else, Seulgi ran to the park which is not really far from Irene's home. 

 

Once Seulgi arrived at the park, she went straight to the same bench. The bench where they sitted that day and bingo. She could see the older girl sitting there while her head hanging down. Probably sleeping. Seulgi carefully walk towards the girl only to find her sleeping soundly. She remember how she used to admired the beauty Irene have on her face during their first encounter in the hospital.

She is so stupid to let that thought go. She should have realized the moment she saw her that day, is the day she had fallen inlove with her. Despite the resemblence of Jisoo, Seulgi had fallen for Irene's beauty that day. The past one month, Irene had showed her what love means. Seulgi should have realized it sooner. 

Seulgi took a sit beside the girl and just stare at her. 

How can you be so beautiful?

Irene is light sleeper. She can feel someone is watching her and when she woke up she didn't expect Seulgi to be there. 

"Hi"

Even though she really miss the girl and really wanted to hug her but she remember the pain. The pain she had this afternoon still flowing through her veins. It hurts to see the person you love is the same person who make you so hurt like this. She stand up and was about to run when Seulgi hold her hand.

"Let go" said Irene coldly.

"Please. Let me talk"

"There is nothing to talk about. You had your decision"

"I didn't. I made a mistake. Please listen to me" pleaded Seulgi.

Despite the pain she had because of the girl, Irene melted by Seulgi. She love the younger girl too much that she can't stay mad at her. 

When Seulgi is sure that Irene won't go away, she let go of the grip and take a deep breath. This is a whole new level for Seulgi. She hadn't get used to this whole situation. She realized how nervous she is that her body is shaking. Despite being so nervous, she have to do this. She won't make the same mistake again. She won't be dumb again. 

"I'm sorry"

"I should have realized my feeling sooner. The way you treated me...it's not a friend to friend. But it's more than that. I was blinded by my past. I'm scared, Irene. I'm scared to fall inlove again. I'm scared that the person I love will leave me alone. I don't want that. That's probably the reason why I blinded myself for all of your action towards me. Pushing myself to believe that your my friends and nothing more. I-I didn't mean to letting you go for Professor Suho. I-I felt like I don't deserve you. I'm broken Irene. I'm confuse why you love me. Wendy told me everything. It still confuse me why you fall inlove with a person like me? A broken soul like me..."

The older girl turn around and saw Seulgi cry. It pains her even more when Seulgi told her everything. How she really hate herself and how she adress herself as a broken person. She wait for Seulgi to speak again.

"I don't deserve you Irene. That's why I'm giving you up for Professor Suho"

"Seulgi-ah"

"I'm sorry Irene. I really am" 

Irene decided to approach Seulgi and cupped her face only to be amazed by her beautiful monolid eyes. She realized how Seulgi resemble to bear so much and it just make her love her even more.

"You...you are the most beautiful, precious person I ever met. Yes you're broken but I'm here Seulgi. I'm waiting for the day you finally realized I'm always here for you. I'm willing to be by your side, healing your broken heart. Yes I'm mad at you for letting me go to your professor which is a jerk. But I'm even more mad when you keep telling yourself you don't deserve me. You are the one I wanted. I wanted you so bad and you deserve me. Seulgi-ah...I love you"

It takes several minute for Seulgi to process what Irene had said. She felt her heart is beating fast and how she had realized how important Irene is for her. She shouldn't have letting her go. She shouldn't have giving up for the older girl. It is one of her biggest mistake and right now she's here. Asking for forgiveness from the older girl.

"I'm sorry, Irene"

"I forgive you, Seulgi-ah" 

The older girl pull Seulgi for a hug and that's when she felt so warm and comfortable. Like she's in heaven. Felt so peaceful. She realized how her love for Seulgi is stronger than everything. She can't even stay mad at the younger girl for too long and she forgive her so fast. Because she knew Seulgi is a very honest person. That her sorry is sincerely from her heart.

Now that Seulgi had realized her feeling, Irene is more than happy to know that Seulgi love her too. She's happy that Seulgi won't adress her as a close friend anymore but more than that. More importantly she's happy to be in Seulgi's hug.

"So...is this mean we're a couple now?" asked Seulgi still didn't letting go the hug.

While Irene chuckled still can't believe how naive Seulgi is. She realized how Seulgi can be so cute even when situation is so serious and intense. Irene nodded and say,

"Yes" Even though Irene couldn't see it, Seulgi still smile like a stupid person and then she tighten the hug.

"No more hiding, Seulgi. I'm here. You don't need to be afraid. More importantly, the world has changed" Seulgi hummed.

"I love you, Irene"

"I love you too, Seulgi"

~~~

The short hair girl let out a sigh after she receive a message from Seulgi. She's currently inside Doctor Joy's office room together with Joy who look really panic on her chair. 

"What? What? Did Seulgi found Irenem yet?"

"Yes. Irene is safe. Seulgi told me she's okay"

Joy let out a big sigh. This is her first time hearing her best friend went missing. She can't believe Irene went missing. Well, she's too old to for that.

"Thank god. This is her first time went missing. I couldn't believe it"

"Things happened in the university doctor. I can say it's normal for her to went missing like that. After all I can see how hurt she was that time"

"Right. Please tell me everything that happened" 

Wendy told Joy everything from the start and Joy understand it. They was about to go to Irene's house to make sure the older girl is okay when Joy got a phone call from an unknown number.

"Excuse me" said Joy before she answered.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Am I speaking with Professor Joy?"

"Yes this is me"

"Hello. I'm sorry for calling you at this night"

"It's okay but who is this?"

"My name is Moonbyul. I'm Professor Suho assistant"

"Ah yes. What can I help you with?"

"Will it be okay if you come to the university? I have something for you to look at"

"Is it very urgent? I need to see my best friend"

"I really need you to see this"

Joy let out a sigh. Then she said yes to Moonbyul before telling Wendy she must head to the university. 

"What's going on?"

"I don't know. But you can go to Irene's house first"

"It's okay if you want me to come with you" Joy shake her head and smile.

~~~

Soon when Irene and Seulgi arrived at Irene's home, they went straight to the kitchen. Seulgi insisted she'll cook for Irene and the older girl for the first time gave up. After all she also wanted to see Seulgi skills in cooking. Irene still haven't told Seulgi about what happened to her with Professor Suho this afternoon. She doesn't want to talk about it. She's with Seulgi now what could be more good than that? 

She's here with her girlfriend and everything just seem so perfect at the moment. Even though she still remember about Jisoo, about how she feel betraying her sister...again she remembers what Joy told her. Maybe Joy's right. It's okay for her to love Seulgi like how Jisoo fall inlove with Jennie. 

Everyone is free to love even though it happen to be your sister ex girlfriend or your sister ex crush. It doesn't matter because love doesn't see that. Irene is happy with the fact that Seulgi is finally hers. Now she can do whatever she want to Seulgi. But more importantly she have to make sure that Seulgi is ready for this whole relationship things. She didn't want to rush things too if Seulgi wasn't ready.

Secretly, Irene walk towards Seulgi . Her back is facing her and Irene hug her from behind only to make Seulgi startled.

"You surprised me"

"Seulgi-ah"

"Oh?"

"Can I hug you like this all the time?"

"Of course"

"Even when we're in public?" It took seconds for Seulgi to finally answer.

"Yes" Irene can feel the hesitation in Seulgi voice and she let out a small smile.

"You know we can start things slowly. If you're still scare-"

"No. Irene. I'm willing to try. Like you said. The world has changed. I should probably get use to it by now" 

"You don't have to force yourself"

Seulgi smile upon hearing Irene being so concern at her. She realized how she love seeing Irene so care for her. She turn around to face Irene and her heart melted seeing those shimmering beautiful doe eyes. 

"I'm still scared. I have to be honest to you. But I'm willing to try. You said it yourself you will always be there for me" that made Irene smile. 

"Thank you for willing to try. I will always be here for you" 

Both of them stare at each other with love. Deep down they cherishing the moment. The silent between them wasn't awkward. It's more comfortable and that just how they appreciate being together. 

Both Irene and Seulgi knew this was all just the beginning but what matter is both of them willing to try everything from the start. Like how Irene used to tried a long distance relationship with Jennie even though she knew it will be hard for both of them. And like how Seulgi willing to tried it with Jisoo. 

Slowly, Irene is about to approach Seulgi's face to capture those lips she have been wanting to kiss. Seulgi realized it and she can't hide but to feel so nervous since this is her first time being in a relationship. With a godness to be specific. But Seulgi didn't do anything. She froze and waiting for Irene to finally reach her lips. 

When Irene almost close enough, both Irene and Seulgi startled when someone just barged into Irene's house like a robbery. It made Seulgi and Irene push each other not wanting to whoever just came in saw them. 

It appears it was Joy and Wendy who barged in to Irene's house and Irene was about to yelled at Joy but the doctor quickly hug Irene with tears.

Joy rarely cry and Irene found it weird because she's one of the strongest girl she ever met. What occurs her to cry hard like this.

"Joy? What's going on?" 

"Unnie"

Wendy who came right behind Joy, make a concern face and Seulgi notice it. Both Irene and Seulgi wonder what happened to them. 

"Seungwan-ah. What happened?" 

"I went to the university with Joy after I insisted on going with her after she recieved a call from Professor Suho assistant, Moonbyul. She showed us CCTV recording and it showed-"

"Why didn't you tell you, you were almost by Professor Suho?" asked Joy cutting Wendy's sentence.

That fact made Seulgi couldn't hide her surprise. Her eyes were wide open like she just saw a ghost. Irene meanwhile remain silent. She look at Seulgi who look very shock right now. 

"Unnie"

"I'm okay, Joy. Just a bit shocked"

"Is that why you look so terrified when you came to us this afternoon?" asked Wendy while Seulgi remain silent since she still in shock. Irene nodded.

The four of them stayed inside the kitchen, busy with their own minds until police department came to Irene's house for further investigation about the attempted . 

 

Hi! I'm sorry if this chapter . I really wanted to finish talking about Professor Suho. But it appears I force it too much to end it. Oh and I will make a poll so please participate on it because I wanted to know what you guys thought about the next chapter. A little sneak peak about the poll, I want you guys to pick between "Stop talking about Professor Suho and just end it in chapter 14. Just continue with Seulrene and Jensoo matters already!" or "Please finish the matters between Professor Suho and Seulrene because I'm really curious of what will happen to Professor Suho!" Yap...that's it. Hope you like the chapter if not well I'm really sorry. You can see how I give too much force and effort for this chapter by the way I'm writing it.