You're Okay

Fragile

"So you're telling me you met the girl in the hospital again and you just told me now?!"

"Ya! It's not that I don't want to tell you. You know...I kind of not"

"What? You're afraid of her? Oh come on, Seulgi"

"Seungwan-ah. Believe me. I'm still trying to move on from Jisoo, okay? It make sense if I get nervous around her. But it seems now she's my friend"

"Wait. That fast" 

Seulgi shrug. They walk around the campus. After Irene left, Wendy just arrived in the university. Soon they went to the class and start the lesson. It's lunch time before they attend another class and in this time, Seulgi decided to tell Wendy what just happened to her. Wendy on the other hand look abit surprise since Seulgi isn't that kind of person who gets close so fast to a person. Especially considering this Irene girl is resemble Jisoo so much. Probably Seulgi had a heart attack the moment they met. 

She's confused but at the same time she tried to understand Seulgi. She probably just miss Jisoo and being friend or around Irene make her comfortable. Like she have this feeling that Jisoo's around her. But if that's the case, it's not healthy for Seulgi. 

"You know. If you just miss Jisoo and being around Irene make you feel comfortable...it's not healthy Seulgi"

"I know. But it's okay, Seungwan. I don't have any intention to like her. I mean look at her. She probably straight as "

Wendy shook her head and say

"No one knows, Seulgi. No one knows"

~~~

"Please hold every call. I need a minute" Irene order her secretary before heading back to her office.

The first day of working, Irene should have known better. It's not that easy to handle some problem the company is facing. She need to meet seceral staff and held a meeting with the board to discuss some matters. She need to take a break before continue her observation around the office building and discuss several matters with the staff. 

She take a sit on her chair, watching the beautiful view of Seoul from her office. Her thought bring her back to what happened this morning. The girl she met, Kang Seulgi. She's the girl she tried to find. Apparently it was easy to find her. Irene just need a plan to get closer and know her more. Before she decided to bring her to Jisoo or the other way around. 

Irene made sure that her sister have a very good taste of girls. She can't deny that Seulgi is pretty. Her monolid eyes and smile really is charming. Probably dozens of girls and boys are in line for Kang Seulgi. She wonder if Seulgi is in a relationship. Cause as far as Irene know, Jisoo hadn't had one since she left Korea. According to her diaries, she doesn't have the intention to have one. It broke Irene's heart to know the same thing happened to her sister too. She came to Korea to make sure her sister gets back what she had left. But apparently it won't be so easy. Considering it's been years since her sister left, there lots of possibility that Seulgi have a girlfriend or boyfriend. Irene need to find out about it. 

And so that's what Irene about to do. She call her secretary and ask her to find out about Kang Seulgi. Everything about her. Her family, her phone number, her house, her school, her relationship status, everything about her life. While she wait for the information, she continues her work before coming home with a file about Kang Seulgi personal life. 

 

"Age 20. Love to dance. Doesn't have siblings, only a cousin. Was bullied by her high school friend and exhiled. Doesn't have any love relationship." 

Irene read all the file her secretary had given to her after work. To be honest, her heart sank. Seeing how Seulgi suffer in the past actually did make sense why Irene saw her so fragile in the first time. Like there is always this slight feeling inside her that she tries to hide. A slight fear. What kind of fear does make Seulgi so afraid? Looking all so fragile from the outside. 

Then her phone call disturb her. None other than Joy.

"Unnie so how was it?"

"Good. She left me my high school yearbook and we spoke a little. She's leaving actually"

"Oh? So sudden?"

"Yeah. She told me she had planned this long before I came"

"Ah right. *Professor Joy, we need you in the emergency room. Oh sorry unnie. I have to go. Call you later?"

"Yes, okay."

She hang up the phone and get her attention back to the file infront her. How can someone so beautiful like Seulgi got bullied? What happened? What did she do? She doesn't deserve it. Does Jisoo knew this? Irene wondering. 

Try to ease her mind, she decide to take a break. 

"Minho, I'm going out for a walk. Please cook dinner for me"

"Yes, Joohyun-sshi"

~~~

The beautiful dark sky full of stars doesn't really make Irene feel happy. Her mind is still thinking about Seulgi. She tries to figuring out what happened to her. A girl who used to have everything back then, now she seems so fragile and weak. Irene couldn't imagined what that girl had been through. 

Those monolid eyes. Even though it's beautiful, Irene still find slightly fear inside those eyes. She wonder what kind of fear it is. Irene wanted to know so bad and she had this feeling of wanting to protect her. Of course she wanted to protect that girl. So once she is sure that Seulgi is ready to meet Jisoo, Irene will bring her to Jisoo. 

This is her homework. To make Seulgi stronger and to know her better. She wanted what best for her sister and that is to bring the old Seulgi back. She just have to know what happened to Seulgi back then. The information doesn't give any details about the past. 

Irene stop by to 7 eleven only to meet the girl who has been bothering her thought today. She sit beside the window and Irene could see her staring to her cup noodle. With blue hoodie on, Seulgi look cute. She look so small and Irene have this feeling of wanting to hug her. She just want to. Seulgi looks like that kind of person who have a comfortable hug. And so, Irene went to approach Seulgi only to get the girl so surprise, almost choking on her noodle. 

"I-Irene"

"I'm guessing it's our destiny to meet like this all the time" said Irene with a smile. While Seulgi still look a bit surprise, she just stay quiet. 

"Can I sit here?" Seulgi nod.

"Did you live around here?" ask Irene.

"No. Not really. I just stopped by after my class. Wendy dropped me here since I asked her too"

"Wendy?"

"Oh. She's my best friend. You should had saw her too in the university. The second time we met" 

Irene nod in understand. 

"OH?! What a surprise? Guys. It's Kang Seulgi!" 

A three girls dressing all fancy coming inside the 7 eleven. Irene notice how Seulgi get nervous and afraid the moment she heard that voice. Looks like those girls are one of her friends who used to bullied her back in high school. Irene wanted to interfere but she stay quiet to observe things. 

"It's been years! We thought you killed yourself!" said the girl with blonde hair.

"Ya! I can't believe you still alive. Considering you don't have any friends back then after you kissed Jisoo. I never thought you're one of those weird people out there" said the girl with red hair.

"Girl like you doesn't belong in this world" 

And that just it. Irene had enough hearing those words coming from immature girls like them. She stood up from her sit and that's probably when the three girls realized her presence.

"Ya. How immature of you three to talk like that" 

"Omo. Who is this Seulgi? Your new girlfriend?"

"Insulting people is a crime. I have a friend in the police department. If you don't want to get caught for insulting other people privacy, I suggest you guys to leave. You know these days, people don't give a sh*t of what gender they like. Liberty brought us to freedom. Get your mind open and probably eat lots of book to get knowledge" said Irene with her death glare.

"Let's go guys" 

With that, those girls went away and Irene could feel her anger filled her. She can't believe there are still people like them. She's living in the 21 century...right? Everyone deserve freedom and they can choose whatever they like. How can there still people who have small mind like them? Irene can't believe her eyes and ears yet those are real. 

She look at Seulgi who are shivering due to fear and nervousness. Irene want to hug her but when she touch Seulgi, that girl look at her with fear in her eyes. She shock of what she see infront of her. Seulgi is more fragile than she thought. She's more fragile than her used to be. Irene couldn't imagine what Seulgi been through all those years. Irene knew being different in the past is wrong and the possibility of getting bullied are high. That's the reason why Seulgi was being bullied and it traumatic her. 

Irene went down on her knees. Her heart sank and hurt to see Seulgi hurting. At some point she can relate to Seulgi's feeling. 

"Seulgi" Irene call.

"Seulgi"

The second time did catch Seulgi attention. Her eyes are red filled with tears and sadness. Again, Irene heart sank and hurting to see Seulgi in this state. Carefully, Irene Seulgi's head. Gently and very carefull.

"You're okay. You're okay. I'm here" With that Seulgi burst into tears again but this time she hug Irene. 

That night both of them spend the rest of the time hugging each other. Irene couldn't dare to leave Seulgi side. Not when she's in this fragile state. And so Irene brought Seulgi to her house and take her to rest. This day must be tiring for Seulgi and all Irene wanted was Seulgi to take a rest. She need to think more of what she have to do with Seulgi. 

 

Hi! Two updates in one day! Hehe...been awhile since the last time I'd done it. So...hope you guys like the story so far! Don't forget to leave comments and subscribe! Also please upvote if you like the story! See guys soon!