The Meeting

Fragile

"Appa, I never expected you to pick us up in the airport"

"It's a surprise honey. You know how your appa love doing surprises," said her mom while glancing to the car back seats. 

"Guess who also love doing that," Jennie added while glancing at Jisoo who give her a firm smile. 

"So Jisoo. The last time we saw each other, we haven't talked much. I heard you were a student back then. Med student" said Mr. Kim who obviously trying to interogate Jisoo.

"Appa" Jennie hissed.

Jisoo chuckles.

"Yes, sir. I was a med student and currently working in New York National Hospital under Lee Ik Jun guidance as the famous general surgeon" Jisoo explain.

"Ah. Lee Ik Jun. Yeah I know him. He really famous. You sure working in the good hands, Jisoo. Hope you can be just like him one day"

"Thank you, sir. I appreciate it"

"See, Jennie? You don't need to worry. We were just having a small talks right, Jisoo?" 

"Yeah, Jennie. Why are you being so nervous?" teas Jisoo which make Jennie nudges her.

"Ouch" 

It was only about 30 minutes drive from the airport but Jisoo and her parent seems to get along pretty well. Not that Jennie didn't like it, for her it's quiet rare. At first she was scared of course. Not knowing what will her parent react when they found out she is a lesbian. Especially her mother since she haven't told her any of it until recently. But everything appears to go out so well better than she expected. 

Her mother accepted Jisoo and Jennie. Everything seems going well until this far and Jennie couldn't be more happier. She used to have this dream. When she coming back home and meet her parent along with her girlfriend/boyfriend. She didn't know back then who will she bring to her parent and introduce them to her parent. It was blur and she can't get a good vision to it. But now it become so clear. 

The person in her dream happened to be Jisoo but it wasn't clear that time because she haven't met her. She used to believe it will be Joohyun. But now she was wrong. Joohyun was her past. A girl who introduce her to love. The girl who introduce her to pain. Not only that, the girl also teach her how to be independent. But she was never the girl she will ever spend her whole life with. It was someone else and that someone is sitting right beside her. Looking all so happy while exchanging jokes with her parent. 

Jisoo is everything to her and she is sure that she will spend the rest of her life with her. She can't be anymore thankful to God for letting her met with this gorgeous, precious, kindest person. It will be only her duty to protect her and take care of her for the rest of her life. Because God apparently is trusting Jisoo to her. She'll make sure she do her duty well.

~~~

Being one of the nerds back when she was in high school and during her campus life, Seulgi have always love the smell of books inside a library. She also have a dream to build mini library in her house one day. Not only that the vibes inside a library always been comforting for her. It's quiet and not a lot of people went there. In her campus, the library is so big. Consist of four floor and Seulgi can explore any kind of genre she wanted to read.

Irene however, everyone admit that she is an ambitious person and also smart. But reading book is her least favorite. She prefer to listen to the information rather than read it but reading is also important. Otherwise how will she be able to make a decision if she never read any of the reports her staffs sent her all this years? After she met Seulgi, she had make sure to change her lifestyle. Slowly she starting to read some books. Starting from small amount of pages and then starting to get more and more pages for her to read. 

But usually, most of the time she get distracted by her phone, television, and she felt bored sometimes. Seulgi understand that and she never pushes the girl though. Everyone have their own ways of reading and it's okay. So...after they went for a picnis in Hangang River, Seulgi suggested that they drop off to the nearest library before going back home. Irene groaned when Seulgi suggested that but Seulgi convinced Irene that they will only spend half minutes there.

For being there with Seulgi almost five years, she knows it will take more than 30 minutes for Seulgi. Despite knowing that, Irene never argue. What she want is Seulgi's happiness and if she's happy being in the library for almost four hours then she willing to comply. The rest of the time, Irene look around the small library only to find one book that caught her attention. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Many people had told her it's a good book to read. But she barely finish the first chapter the moment she sitted on one of the chair in that small library. Meanwhile, Seulgi is busy choosing books she happen to brought almost ten books in her hand.

Then she get herself choosing the books for her to get them borrow. Only three out of eight book are selected and that when she realized Irene was nowhere to be found. Seulgi is sure, Irene is still in the library but since she's in the corridor between bookshelfs, she wasn't able to see Irene. She get herself look around the library only to find the older girl sleeping soundly on the book she was reading. Seulgi can't help but to smirk seeing the older girl. 

She look at the wrist watch she have on her wrist and realize she had spent almost four hours meanwhile she had promised the older girl it will only take 30 minutes. The older girl must feel so bored while waiting for her but she didn't complained at all. Seulgi walk towards Irene and sit right beside her. She stare at the beautiful angel face sleeping soundly next to her. Gently she take away hairs that covering Irene's face and tuck them at the back of the girl ear. For a brief second, Seulgi let herself observe the beautiful white pale skin beside her before she got herself ended up resting her head on the desk facing the older girl. 

It took split second for Irene to open her eyes and find Seulgi looking at her with her lovely monolid eyes. She always find herself getting nervous around Seulgi everytime those cat eyes looking at her. Her heart beating faster but it only make her even more realize how she had fallen so deeply towards the younger girl. She faintly smile and so do Seulgi.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting" said Seulgi.

"As long as you're happy" 

"You're the best Bae Irene" 

"I know" Seulgi hiss.

"It's about time for dinner" 

"Hmm...should we cook? I really craving for tteobokki" said Irene.

"Let's go then"

~~~

"I see you really have fun with my parent"

"Well what should I say? They really are fun"

"Yeah. You all acted like I wasn't there. I thought they had forgotten me as their daughter"

"Don't be jealous, Jennie. You look too cute for that"

"I know" 

Jisoo chuckles. 

Jennie's parent house is quiet small. But enough for four people gather together. Her dad built it in modern and minimalize design which had been a trend since last year. Since it's their first time visiting the house, Jennie nor Jisoo can't help but to be mesmerized by the beautiful minimalize design. It's only one floor house with big garden at the back of the house which is the place where they sitting right now.

Admiring the beautiful night sky of Seoul before they headed to Jisoo's house where they will be spending most of the time there. It will be one hour driving to Jisoo's house considering the traffic jam at this hour. Seoul is a never asleep city. It will always full of people roaming around the roads at night and even at the park. It's not much of a different to New York though. 

"So? How was it? Coming back here after several years staying at New York, professor-nim"

"The city is still the same. Seems not much changes. I miss the people the most actually. Where lots of friendly people you can accidently meet on the roads. Unlike New York. You need to think twice towards any strangers that come near you. They might look nice at first but you don't know anything about them. Considering New York has the highest amount of criminal acts there. You really need to be careful. Always have myself cautious everytime"

"I agree. The deeper you know the city the more you know what they are hiding" Jennie faintly smile before stand up and offer Jisoo a hand.

"Come on. We have one hour driving to your sister house. Also I can't wait to meet your sister" Jisoo smile.

"Irene unnie will be so shock to see me"

~~~

The cozy feeling of Irene's house and the silent suddenly broke the moment both girls come in to the house. After Seulgi had herself three books with different genre in her hands, both of them drove back to Irene's house and start to preparing for their dinner. Today Seulgi will be the chef and Irene will prepare the dining table. It's been their routines ever since Seulgi move here and Irene realized how happy she is with Seulgi living together with her. 

It's like living in the Barbie House happily ever after with the person she love the most. Having someone who takes care of you really have the weird feeling you can't describe. Especially the time when you woke up with someone beside you and you realized it was the person you will marry one day. Irene have been thinking a lot. She knows that Seulgi is currently on the top of her carrier and marriage probably her second option right now. But she can't help herself to try. It's better to try than not...right?

The moment they got inside the house, Seulgi occupied herself in the kitchen didn't even bother to change her clothes. Meanwhile Irene went to their bedroom which was her room in the past but now it's been theirs ever since Seulgi moved in. Remember that Irene have been thinking about proposing Seulgi to marry her? After she got herself changed, she can't help but to take a peak towards the nightstand beside the bed near the bathroom door. In the bedroom it have two nightstand and one belong to Seulgi. This nightstand belong to Irene and she have been hiding something inside the drawer, under some work papers she need to read everynight before she go to sleep. 

A heart shape box ring color in pink. She had bought it about a month ago and she had been keeping it there. She have been thinking for the right moment for her to propose the younger girl. Everyday has been the perfect time but it just her being so coward of what will the younger girl answer. Maybe she shouldn't have scared. Like seriously she's in her mid-thirties. It's not her time to be so scared like this. 

She open the box and it reveal one beautiful ring. She isn't sure if she had the size right for Seulgi's hand but she can only hope it fits. The beautiful ring shine because of the light inside the bedroom. It look beautiful and she can't wait to see Seulgi's reaction to it. It was made from gold and on the middle of ring it has the crystal shining shimmering just like the stars. At that moment, Irene had made the decision. She will propose Seulgi tonight after dinner. She is very sure.

"Irene! Come down! I think we're running out of milk and apparently we only have one quarter of tteobokki!"

"I'm coming!"

When she got herself inside the kitchen, Seulgi is busy checking the fridge and when she realize Irene is there she quickly let out a smile.

"I think we need to buy the ingredients" said Seulgi grinning.

"Oh well. I'll go to the convenience store"

"Let me"

"No, Seulgi. I will buy it. I also want some fresh air" 

"With your pajama?" 

Irene nodded cutely and kiss Seulgi cheek before headed out from the house. Meanwhile Seulgi can't hide herself from smiling like an idiot. Yes. Her heart flutter just because of that. Even though they had been doing that all the time, it always been her favorite and it will alwys make her heart beating so fast. 

While waiting for Irene, she got herself busy with the latest fun game in nintendo switch she bought last week. Irene always scolded her because she can play the game until dawn. Sometime she didn't get to sleep due to playing game. But Seulgi never listen to Irene and pursue what she was doing even though she got herself hit several times. She knows Irene is jealous because she's not giving the girl attention and that's just how she teased Irene. She always love to see Irene pout everytime she keep herself busy with the game. 

One day Irene had the game hidden somewhere and Seulgi wasn't furious at all. She was actually but seeing how Irene was being all so ual, Seulgi knew it was her raging hormones craving for comfort, moans, and kisses. Seulgi of course can't denied the offer and she also had her hormones working on her that day. Eventually they ended in the bed and waking up the next day, . It was one time that Seulgi had made sure if she wanted to play she won't play it infront of Irene. She doesn't want to see the angry and hungry Irene again. She is sure she still want to live. 

While she is busy with the game, she heard the doorbell ringing. It's probably Irene but she cameback so fast. Also why bother ringing the bell when you can open it yourself. Maybe she bought a lot so she can't open the door by herself. So Seulgi walk out from the house and walk through the beautiful front garden of Irene's house and when she finally near the entrance door...her eyes wide open and she can't help to gasp upon seeing who is standing behind the entrance door. 

The girl who used to be her past and always will be. The girl who used to abandoned her in the airport crying alone. The girl who gave her the most painfull feeling. The girl who made her fragile. The girl who ruin everything about her. The girl who introduce her to love yet became the person who introduce her to betrayals and pain. She is standing right infront of her with a girl behind her looking all confuse. But imidietly realize who is standing right behind the girl. Seulgi can't help but to question their presence infront of Irene's house. Unless...there is something Irene never told her about the girl infront of her. 

"K-Kang Seulgi?"

"Kim Jisoo"

Both girls who used to have their past together can't stop starring at each other asking question to themself. Not even dare to say it out loud. Meanwhile the girl behind Jisoo remain silent while trying to get the pieces together. Since herself still can't believe what Jisoo had said ealier. But then a voice called her name almost like a whisper but the three girls can hear the voice.

"Jennie" 

The three girls have their eyes glancing towards the girl with her pajama and some groceries bags in her hand looking as surprise as they are. 

"Unnie?"

At that moment, Irene knew everything won't be the same anymore and her dream of proposing Seulgi tomorrow might get cancel or probably won't happen. 

~~~

Jisoo and Jennie took a cab to Jisoo's house. They don't want to burden Jennie's parent considering it's time for them to take a rest. After all the way to Jisoo's house will be tiring for Jennie's parent since it's one hour driving. So they decided to take a cab. Inside the cab Jisoo interlock her hand with Jennie and keep herself busy with the beautiful night scenery of Korea.

For her it's been awhile since the last time she step her foot in this country. Even though she was born here, she grew up in the state. She barely have any memories of South Korea beside the time where she spent most of her high school life with her best friend. It was the time where she wanted to find the girl who broke her sister heart but she never got to find the girl. But she got the chance to find the meaning of love. More like finding someone she love and that girl is Kang Seulgi. 

The girl whom she loved and her unfinished past. Coming back here brings back the memories of her. But it's all blur since it's been years and memories faded. But she can't never forget the beautiful face of her. She still remember how she adores her beautiful monolid eyes and got hipnotized by it everytime she got the chance to observed the girl. Now that girl is her past and will always be. 

She's here in South Korea with the love of her life and she couldn't be anymore grateful for that. On her way to her old house where she used to live there for a year when she was a baby and three years when she was in high school, she can't help but to be nervous. Let just say it's been years since she last saw her sister and she can't help but to get nervous considering it will be her first time introducing Jennie to her sister. The moment the cab is in the neighborhood of her house, she can't help but to be anxious. 

Meanwhile, Jennie who have been having crazy memories, her mind seems to recalls back to the past. She have this weird feeling saying that she used to come here and the road seem familiar to her. It's weird though because the memories she tries to recall look blurry. Jisoo who saw Jennie look so fidget just like her, she decide to ask,

"Why do you look so fidget? More like anxious"

"Umm...This neighborhood seems familiar to me"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. But I can't remember what was I doing in here"

"Maybe you used to came to your friends house around here" 

"Maybe" said Jennie whispering. 

When the cab finally arrive infront of Jisoo's house, they both got out from the car and took all their belongings. Jennie feel so familiar with the house infront of her. So big and modern. 

Jisoo on the other hand get herself walk towards the entrance door and ring the doorbell. Even though she's nervous to meet her sister again after several years, she is more surprise to introduce Jennie to her sister. She really want to know her sister opinion of Jennie and if she ver get her blessing for them. 

"I can't wait for you to meet Joohyun unnie. You will be thrill!" 

"Wait. Who?" said Jennie look surprise.

"Oh! Right, I'm sorry. Since we moved to the States, Joohyun unnie prefer to be called Irene because she hates how people miss pronounce her Korean name. So she found a name for herself. Since then people use to call her Irene including me. Well since we're in Korea and it's been a long time since the last time I called her Korean name, so I think why not calling her by her Korean name" 

Jennie doesn't seem satisfied with Jisoo's explaination. She is scared and of course Jisoo is confuse with the sudden changes on Jennie's face. Jisoo is about to ask Jennie but the door open only to reveal the least person she wanted to meet. On the other side Jennie who is scared become confuse. Seeing one of Professor Suho students in Joohyun house. Everything doesn't seems right. 

Kang Seulgi? Isn't this Joohyun house? What is she doing in here? 

For Jennie it gets more confusing when Jisoo call Kang Seulgi name. Both girls look so surprise. Jennie knew something had happened between them. Seeing how both girls look so surprise and just the way both of them looking at each other. Like fear, hatred, and sadness become one and all of that shown through their faces. Everything seems to get more complicated when Jennie heard that voice. The voice she had let it be in the past. Mostly they had finished everything before she left to the States. 

But with that fact, the girl she used to loved is Jisoo's sister she feel like she can't face her. 

"Jennie"

"Joohyun" Jennie whisper.

 

Hi! Let me know your thought about this chapter! Comments below!