Epilogue-2

Fragile

"Oh my god, my eyes!"

"Ya! Kim Yerim! How dare you"

"I'm sorry, unnie. Just been awhile since I came visit and wow. Irene unnie really grow...big" said Yeri with a bit hesitation saying the last word.

Irene who is sitting in the living room furrowed her eyes and get her eyes back to the television. During her pregnancy,, Seulgi really have a hard time dealing with Irene's mood. Her mood does change real quick. But Seulgi can't help but to feel really happy during those hard time. Irene will deliver their baby in three more days and Seulgi is really whipped also anxious.

Most of them, Seulgi will freak out realizing the due date is around the corner. Sometimes she will call Wendy and just freaked out. Meanwhile, Joy and Wendy are engaged but they are still waiting to get married. Maybe next year. For the meantime, they are preparing for the ceremony and focus with their job too of course.

Yeri just finished her study in America. Apparently she got a scholarship to study economic in America. Seulgi can't be more proud of her and she finished just in time before Irene deliver. The house Yeri and Seulgi live before is sold and Seulgi let Yeri took for her living cost in America.

Obviously it wasn't enough but Yeri is thankful to Seulgi though. In America she managed to find work to fulfill her needs. The scholarship does provide living cost but surely Yeri is just greedy as to get lots money. Well she didnt' really do it because she is greedy but she wanted to have experience and yes she really enjoyed her work in America.

So now, Yeri's back, the house will be more crowded and noisy. With Irene's mood change real quick and Yeri the noisy girl, Seulgi didn't really know what to do. Seriously, she's the most calm person between the two of them. She have a picture about the future. She will stand between the two girl arguing with their hard headed personality and all Seulgi can do is just watch the two of them innoncently.

"Ya, can't you be more gentle? Irene is about to labour and yet here you are making a fuss" Seulgi whisper in Yeri's ear.

"Sorry unnie. I can't help really. Before I left she wasn't that...fat" 

Seulgi rolled her eyes and went to the kitchen to cook dish for Irene and Yeri. Yeri who is standing between the kitchen and the living decided to go to Seulgi since she doesn't want to get near Irene. The older girl probably in a bad mood right now and she is aware that sitting next to her at this time is probably not a good idea.

So she went to the kitchen and decided to watch Seulgi busy cooking. Seulgi who notice Yeri can't help but to chuckle.

"You're afraid of Irene, huh?"

"Well her temper is really bad"

"I've been through worse" 

Yeri can't help but to laugh so loud that it makes Irene turn her head around to peak. The younger girl imidietly shut and Seulgi chuckle.

"I don't know how you can deal with her really" said Yeri whispering to Seulgi.

~~~

After having lunch together, Irene decided to go back to her bedroom. Yeri went to her friends house to catch up with things. While Seulgi is finished cleaning up the dish, she decided to go to her bedroom only to smile seeing Irene sitting in the bed with her back message to the headboard.

Seulgi can't help but to admit how y Irene is. Day by day pass and Irene's y body keep making her crazy all day. Also everytime she hear the baby kicking and tickling Irene, Seulgi is the happiest person in the world during that time. 

When Irene realize Seulgi is in the room, she let out her beautiful smile and pat the empty space beside her. A sign for Seulgi to sit there and Seulgi obey. She crawl herself to the bed and kiss Irene's neck before hugging the older girl.

"You're cousin really annoying" said Irene and Seulgi chuckle.

"But well it just Kim Yerim acting like Kim Yerim" Irene added.

"You look beautiful" Seulgi blurt out.

"Am I? Everytime I look in the mirror I look really damn ugly. Like this giant stomach of mine...I don't know and don't realize I can actually carry this baby with me. Oh my I'm getting ugly. Please Seulgi I-"

Seulgi can't help but to kiss Irene just to make her shut up for awhile. Ever since her stomach bloated, Irene can't stop being pessimist. Well she really can't accept the changes in her body but everytime Irene being pessimist with her body, Seulgi always find way to shut her up.

Telling the older girl she is y, beautiful, and gorgeos is the way to make Irene calm. Just like how she did it right now. Kissing the older girl passionately while playing with her big tummy. Sometimes, Seulgi can feel the baby kicking and she just smile through it.

"You're y and beautiful" said Seulgi after their kiss and Irene smile widely.

Irene really happy to have Seulgi. She has been very usefull during her hard time. Although she realize how much a burden she is to Seulgi because of her pregnancy, the monolid girl remain patient and calm. Having Seulgi as her wife is the most beautiful present God ever given to her and she is very grateful.

Sometimes she felt guilty because her mood changes. She can get mad all of sudden to Seulgi for no reason yet the monolid girl didn't mind. She remain calm and always there for her in times where she felt such a burden. Seulgi is the wife everyone dream of and Irene is lucky to have Seulgi as her wife.

"I'm sorry. This pregnancy kind of making me crazy"

"No. It's normal"

"You must having a hard time"

"No. I promise you none of those time really hard for me" 

"Thank you. For always being there for me" 

"That's our promise since the beginning, Irene-ah" 

Irene smile and pull Seulgi for another kiss. Seulgi kiss her back and get on top of her still maintain the distance so that she won't hurt Irene's stomach.

"I'm excited to see the baby" said Seulgi.

"What the baby will be?" asked Irene and Seulgi shrugged.

"Three days to go and we will find out" said Seulgi and just hearing that really freaks Irene out.

"I'm really scared"

"You're going to be fine, trust me" 

Again the couple begin to kiss each other and the day pass by with them having fun with themself in their bedroom.

~~~

"Overall we managed to stop the bleeding in her head. For the meantime I suggest that she stay in the ICU for a few days so we can monitor her" Joy explain to the family patient.

"Thank you doctor. Thank you"

"I'll be going now. Take care" 

After the long surgery, Joy finally get herself out from the operating room. She finally have the time to rest after 3 surgery. The last surgery she had was a emergency operating and it ended up good actually. She really happy when she can save someone's life and just to see the patient family look so happy and relieve made her day.

Since she got herself quiet busy this day, she hasn't seen Wendy. The girl probably in her office dealing with some drug experiment. Joy decided to head there and before that, she went to the canteen to buy takes out. Wendy always miss her lunch time during the day because she too focus with her work. 

"Knock knock" said Joy while actually knocking the door to Wendy's office.

"Come in" 

"Hey, babe"

"Oh. Did you finished your surgery?"

"Yeah. I got emergency patient which happen to have internal bleeding in her head due to the bicylce accident" 

Joy put the bag full of food on Wendy's desk and went towards the Canadian girl to kiss her.

"You managed to saved the patient?"

"Of course! Your girlfriend is the most famous neurosurgeon in Korea" 

Wendy rolled her eyes everytime Joy bragging about her title. She is aware that her girlfriend is the most famous surgeon in Korea and Joy doesn't have to bring it up all the time.

"What? You don't like me bragging about my title?"

"Gosh, I heard it many times. I think I had enough" 

Joy just laugh it.

For the next minute, they keep themself busy eating the food that Joy had bought for them. They are talking a lot of things about their current job and talking about their wedding ceremony. They are planning to married on February 19, 2021. Just the perfect date to held their ceremony.

Right now, what have been running through their mind is where the ceremony will be held and how many people they will invite. They wanted it to be simple and not much people to come. Maybe a few friends from college and from work will do. Then they talking about their honeymoon.

A lot of places came up to their mind. Such as Europe, Hawaii, Maldive, Bali, Canada, and New Zealand. But then they agreed to spend their honeymoon in New Zealand. It such a beautiful country for them to have fun and just travel around the small country down the South. 

While having so much fun with the conversation, suddenly Wendy receive a call from Seulgi and she smile. She can guess what Seulgi might call her for.

"Hello?"

"Ya! Wendy! IRENE IS IN LABOUR! WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO? OH SH*T, HELP!"

Wendy's eyes wide open completely surprise with the sudden news and starting to panic because of her best friend.

"What? What happen?" ask Joy completely aware of Wendy sudden reaction.

"Irene's in labour" Joy just did the same thing like Wendy did to her eyes.

"Ya! BRING HER TO THE HOSPITAL KANG SEULGI! GOD DAMMIT!" Joy shout through Wendy's phone that she force take it from Wendy's hand.

Joy ended the call and both Joy and Wendy look at each other with surprise look on their face.

"We better go now" said Wendy coming to her senses.

"I'll call Yoona unnie. She should be around the hospital at this hour" said Joy.

~~~

"YA! KANG SEULGI! FASTER! AHHHH!!!!"

"I AM. CALM DOWN WILL YOU?!!!"

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN THE BABY IS ABOUT TO GET OUT! OH MY GOD. SEULGI!!!!"

"Oh my god! Hang in there we're almost there"

Seulgi really can't help herself getting panic when suddenly, Irene shouting at her because her water breaks while she's sitting on the sofe in the living room. Seulgi was in the kitchen making lunch for her and Irene. Good thing Yeri wasn't around the house because probably Seulgi will handle to girls shouting at each other due to panicking.

When Irene called Seulgi and told her wife that her water breaks, Irene cannot believe what she heard. Seulgi really blurt out her concern to the sofa which is completely wet from Irene's water. Irene literally shout at Seulgi and throw the nearest pillow she can reach. From then, Irene cannot stop screaming due to the pain in her stomach.

While on the other hand, Seulgi really try to remain calm but her mind just can't cooperate with her. She ended up calling Wendy and so dumb of her asking her best friend what to do with Irene. When obviously she need to take Irene to the hospital for labour.

Right now, on their way to the hospital, Irene can't help but to feel anxious and hurt at the same time. Her hand grip Seulgi's right hand and make Seulgi drive the car with one hand which is really not safe. But what she can do? Her wife really panic right now and same goes to her. 

Soon, they finally arrive in the hospital emergency room. Wendy and Joy had waited for them there and they welcome the couple with worried face on their look. But since Joy is a doctor she remain calm but can't help but to be panic inside. She never see a woman in her labour before so this is really new too for her.

Irene quickly being move to the hospital bed and Dr. Yoona will lead the delivery. Seulgi on the other hand never let go of Irene's hand. She stay beside her. While Irene is really hurting on the hospital bed, she manage to keep her eyes on Seulgi's and it really hurt Seulgi to see her wife hurting like that.

"It hurt, it hurt! Really. I think the baby is coming out. No! Ah!!!"

"Stay calm, Irene-sshi. We're almost there" said Yoona who happened to meet Irene in the hallway to the surgery room.

"I-I c-can't do this" said Seulgi but never let go of Irene's hand.

"YA! YOU'RE WITH ME UNTIL THIS END, KANG SEULGI!!! DON'T ING GET AWAY FROM THIS!"

"Unnie calm down, okay? Breath, breath" said Joy. 

"I CAN'T!" 

Joy literally jump backward because Irene really screaming at her. They finally arrive in the operating room and both Joy and Wendy decided to wait outside while Seulgi went inside with her wife. 

"That was nerve wrecking" said Wendy and Joy completely agree to it.

~~~

Seulgi close the door and sigh. After the long delivery, Seulgi and Irene finally have their baby. It happen to be a girl and they really happy for it. The baby is so beautiful and they haven't thought the name for the baby girl yet. But for awhile, they will call her Leonie. 

After the delivery, Irene was sent to the ward and she imidietly fall asleep due to tiredness. Seulgi was there to help her fall asleep and Seulgi is really happy to see her wife. She done a really great job. Well she can't really deny the fact that she almost fainted watching her wife on the surgery bed. Screaming to death in order to baby to come out.

She sweat herself and it looks like she was having a sprint inside the surgery room. She is very nervous and scared. She can't help to shut her eyes when Irene was pushing. At the end when the process finally finished, she can see their beautiful daughter. First she can hear her daughter crying and it really make the both of them happy. 

The baby was imidietly sent to the nursing room for a mean while. Also Irene need to rest for awhile before she can finally meet the baby. 

Outside Irene's ward, Wendy, Joy, and Yeri is waiting there. Since they don't want to disturb Irene and Seulgi moment alone. 

"How is she?"

"She's sleeping" said Seulgi.

"Can we see the baby?" asked Yeri. Seulgi nodded and the four of them went to see the baby.

~~~

"She's beautiful, Seulgi-ah" 

"I know. She have your eyes, Irene" 

Irene fell asleep until 7 pm and Joy, Wendy, and Yeri had headed home. They wanted the couple to have their time with their newborn baby. They baby is being hug in Irene's arm and her face says it all. Irene is the happiest girl in the world today. Same goes to Seulgi.

Both of them are happy to finally welcome Leonie to the world. They wish their daughter will grow up into a good person and surely they will guide her to it. Seulgi can't hide the happiness in her heart that she shed tears and kiss Irene's forehead. 

She can't deny she felt a little guilty for putting Irene's in a hard time. Irene have beens struggling a lot during her pregnancy. She promise she will take Irene for healing time with their baby. Maybe to Jeju for holiday vacation. Irene deserve it.

"Oh, Jisoo call" said Seulgi when she saw her phone.

"They probably heard the news" said Irene.

Then Seulgi accept the call and make a video call with Jisoo and Jennie. Both of them seems sitting in the living room of their house in New York.

"Hi! Unnie, you look pathetic!" said Jisoo the moment Seulgi show Irene's face.

"Ya, you're lucky you're in New York or not I will make sure you get your eyes black" said Irene and Jisoo laugh.

"Joohyun! Congratulation with the baby!" said Jennie who is right beside Jisoo.

"Thank you Jennie. Look. It's a girl"

"Oh my god, she is so cute! What's her name?" asked Jisoo.

"For the meantime we have her English name. Leonie. But we haven't think about her Korean name yet" Seulgi explain.

"Well you guys better think a good name for her. She look so beautiful" said Jennie. 

"We will" said Irene while glancing at Seulgi with her beautiful smile.

"Alright. Irene and Leonie need to rest now. We will call you again soon after both of them got discard" said Seulgi.

"Okay. Rest well! Sorry for not being there, unnie" said Jisoo.

"It's okay. Will you guys come for christmas?" asked Irene.

"Yes, we will. I will probably bring mom and dad to Korea" Jisoo suggested.

"That's great idea. Well, can't wait for you guys to come" said Seulgi.

"Okay. Goodbye!" said Jisoo and Jennie together.

After that, Seulgi ended the call and move Leonie back to her bed. Leonie currently is sleeping right now. Seulgi and Irene can't take their eyes away from Leonie. Both of them staring at her for awhile until Seulgi look at Irene and smile.

"Rest now, Joohyun" 

"If only you're allowed to sleep with me on this bed"

"Hmm...that's probably not a good idea" said Seulgi with a smirk on her face.

"Ya. I'm tired!" Seulgi grinned and kiss Irene's forehead before she headed to the sit next to Irene's bed.

"Arasseo. Then maybe after you got discard?" asked Seulgi.

"Not a chance" 

Seulgi pout but Irene just ignore it and went to sleep. She still feel tired due to the labour. Seulgi on the other hand just smile and pull the bed sheet closer to Irene's neck and kiss Irene's forehead before going back to the sit. 

This is what she wanted. A beautiful happy family. Now everything felt complete with her daughter presence. Seulgi promise she will protect her daughter and Irene forever. She won't ever let her daughter went through the same thing that happened to her. She will make sure to guide her daughter well. 

For once in awhile she finally feel so complete and happy. It's because she met Irene and married to the only girl that helped her through her hard time. She is grateful to have Irene in her life and now Leonie too. She is indeed the happiest girl in the world. 

"I love you, Joohyun. I love you, Leonie. Thank you for appearing in my life. You both are the most precious person in my life. I promise I will protect the two of you just like how Irene did to me. Love you both" 

 

~END~

 

Finally the story ends! Enjoy guys. I probably will write a new story. So wait for it okay! See you soon and stay safe everyone!