Ordinary Day

Fragile

Just like any other day before, Seulgi went to her office digging into the papers on her desk. It's been years since she graduated and now she's working under the goverment working on natural disasters and unique phenomenon. Her task is simple. She need to study and analyze every natural disasters and unique phenomenon by doing research. Not many times she need to do field research in some areas in Korea. Some cases aren't able to finish in short years but some she managed to finished it real fast. 

Seulgi is the most talented and smart researcher in her department. Her seniors acknowledge her incredible knowledge in such a young age. All of her seniors and juniors respect her and being the most kindness person ever, she never take any advantage. She wanted to be treated equally and no special treatment for her. That behavior of her just made everyone even more amazed by her. Many guys and girls are craving for Seulgi's attention at work but she never lies her eyes on them. Because you know how Bae Irene will react if Seulgi ever dare to do that right? Just kidding. Seulgi would never cheat with anyone. She knows she's in a relationship with the best person in the world. 

She would never do that filthy little thing on Irene. She lover her very much just like how she love herself. For the pass few years, Irene had thought Seulgi how to love herself and she did helped her loving herself everyday. She quit cutting but the scars on her hand never faded. It will always remain there even after she die. Same goes to how Jisoo used to hurt her in the past. It only healed but she will never forget the pain.

Talking about how she's doing, Seulgi is doing completely fine after she and her friends saw Professor Suho went to jail for the attempted on Irene. Meanwhile Irene has been doing great. She didn't have any traumatic experience because of that a**h*l*s. In fact both Seulgi and Irene are doing really great for the pass few years. They always went on a vacation at the end of the month together with Joy, Wendy, and Yeri who apparently had been accepted in the same university as Seulgi was. She's majoring in arts specifically singing, dancing, and acting. 

For Wendy, being the second most nerdy after Seulgi, she also become a reasercher specialist in anatomy human body. She's working in Seoul National Hospital with Professor Joy. Her task is to studies rare diseases and finds the cure also studying about rare cases in the hospital. Sometimes Joy would come to her office just to hang out and help her with the cases she's dealing that day. Most of the time Irene would come to Joy's office only to get suspicious on Joy's behavior. She knew something is wrong with Joy and she knew right away that her best friend is having a crush on Wendy. 

Joy wasn't surprise at how fast Irene knew it. In fact she's been waiting for the older girl to say the bomb right infront of her face. Both of them remember that day how Irene literally asked Joy is she's having a crush on Wendy because she keeps on talking about the girl and Wendy always come to Joy's office(sometimes) while Joy on the other side she mostly spend her days after surgeries in Wendy's office. Bored always become Joy's excuse to come to Wendy's office. Irene remembers what Joy said that day and it's her first time to hear Joy most greasiest tone ever!

"How can nobody love her? I mean she look so y and cute with her small body. You know I can wrap my hand on her shoulder perfectly because she so tiny. Maybe we both can perfectly fit in my bed"

Irene rolled her eyes upon hearing her best friend thinking like that.

Enough talking about WenJoy, the Seulrene couple had been doing great than ever. Everyday at the exact same time, Irene would come to Seulgi's office to pick her up after a long day sitting infront of her desk dealing with several office matters. Then she finally gets to meet the love of her life at 5pm infront of the office building waiting for her to pick up while keeping herself busy with book on her hand.

Irene will always admire how beautiful the nerdy Seulgi look everytime she came to pick the bear up. Looking all so nerdy with her white lab coat and a glasses on her face. Despite it, Irene always keep herself aware of all the people around Seulgi. She hates when someone else gets near her girlfriend. She knows very well how popular Seulgi is at her office. Well, who doesn't fall inlove with a good looking bear like Seulgi? Not to mention, Seulgi also a pretty smart girl which gave her more more reasons for people to fall inlove with her. 

Seulgi knows how Irene can be so jealous most of the time when she accidently talking to one of her juniors while she's waiting for Irene to pick her up. She made sure it was her last time interacting with her colleague while waiting for the older girl because that day, Irene gave her the most coldest shoulder since they together. Irene didn't come to her dining room for dinner and was hiding herself in her bedroom which had become their bedroom ever since Seulgi moved in to her house. Seulgi tries to approached the older girl only to get the scariest glared from Irene who happened to pulled her in to the bedroom and with her most deepest voice Irene said,

"Don't talk to anyone. You're mine and mine"

Only that, it made Seulgi really scared of the jealous older girl. But at the same time she also love how protective Irene can be most of the time. Thankfully Seulgi didn't received any kind of kicks from Irene considering her had learned Taekwondo back in the days. She thought she will get kicks but thankfully she didn't get any. From that day on, Seulgi made sure she didn't talk to any of her colleague once she's waiting for the older girl to come and pick her up.

After Seulgi moved in to Irene's house, her old house automatically belongs to Yeri which of course by her own permission. Yeri couldn't be more happier than the fact now she's living in the house alone. Which mean she can do whatever she want. No more fights every morning and no more annoying sister. Always the devil maknae she is.

Like other days, Seulgi took her belongings in her office before walking out from the room and waiting for the older girl in her office's lobby. Today's weather is beautiful. The sun is about to go down and before it goes, the sun shine its orange light looking all so beautiful and perfect. Before the sun goes down, Seulgi knew in just a minute the older will come. With book on her hand, she pull it up and open the latest pages she's been reading. Don't even get the chance to finish the first sentence, a horn can be heard from far and Seulgi formed a smile on her face before waving her hand to the car approaching towards her direction.

Once she gets inside, she meet the most beautiful girl she always admired everyday and always be the first and the last person when she wakes up and when she went to bed. Just thinking of that makes her smile everytime.

"Hi, how is your work today?" asked Irene with a wide smile on her face.

"The same always. How about you?" 

"I just arrived after checking out the latest project in Myeongdong"

"You and Minho must be tired. How about we have dinner at home?" asked Seulgi.

They both had arranged a fance dinner for tonight since it's Friday night which had become they're routines every week. But hearing how Irene had worked her a** off today, all Seulgi wanted right now is for Irene to get rest. 

"No, it's okay. It's our usual routines after all. How can we missed it?"

"We can do it next week, Irene. It's our routines everyweek so don't worry about it. Now you should get rest, really"

Seeing how Seulgi look so concern on her, Irene give up and nodded. The bear couldn't be more happy to have Irene obey to her. Only a few month after they together, Irene realized how Seulgi always look happy when she let herself obey to what the younger girl said. She realized this whole time, it's always been her to be so bossy. Always demanding Seulgi to obey to all of her saying. But Seulgi never rejected it or tired of it. Irene realized she's been so selfish and once when she let herself followed what Seulgi said, the younger girl look so surprise yet so happy at the same time.

Irene realized that this is how a healthy relationship should be. Talking on both ways and not one ways. Letting yourself being taken care of your love one and obey for what they said. For years after that, Irene had always obey to what Seulgi was saying and it goes the same to Seulgi. Just like right now. You know how Irene always been a stubborn girl but now, when Seulgi said she need to rest meanwhile her mind always insist to go, she let go of that thought and nodded to what the younger girl had said. After all, what she ever wanted after the whole exhausting day of working is to cuddle in bed with the love of her life. 

All of this is just an ordinary day for Seulgi and Irene. Only that they didn't know what is coming in the future. The truth which was never told by Irene is finally coming to the surface and the older girl seems drowning in her own happiness that she forgets sooner or later the truth will be told. She should have prevent it but Irene is just having too much fun with Seulgi that she thought everything will be okay.

~~~

It's a typical day for Jisoo in the hospital. Examine new patients and pay some visit to the out-patients. Even after several years had pass, Jisoo is still under the guidance of the most famous general surgeon, Lee Ik Jun. In the future she will study again to finally become a general surgeon. Right now she's still learning as a third year. 

Her life right now it's just the way she wanted since she was little. Going to the hospital, wearing the white coat and blue clothes for surgeries. Meet patients, dealing with a lot of rare cases, and then seeing all the patients she treated gets better. She always love the smile she gets from the patients after a surgery. Everything felt so complete with the presence of her girlfriend, Kim Jennie. 

Kim Jennie who used to be her Biology professor for half year before doing her thesis and then finally graduated with laude. She can't be anymore proud of herself and neither do Jennie. She is so proud as Jisoo's girlfriend. Especially graduated as a laude. She surely proud of her. More importantly, Jisoo was offered a job in the most biggest hospital and also famous in New York. 

During Jisoo graduation, her parent came and that day Jisoo introduced Jennie to her parent as her girlfriend. She told them they had been together since she was in her half year ago. Jisoo parent accepted it way better than Jisoo expected. She wished her sister had seen it and stood together with her to tell their parent about their uality. Unfortunately, her sister can't come that day because she was busy with her work. Jisoo understand her sister. After all her sister is one of the most ambitious person she ever met. She can comprehend it. 

After her graduation dinner with her parent and Jennie, she get a call from her sister only to get a congratulation from her sister and she was sorry that she can't come. For Jisoo, gettiing a call from her sister is more than enough because apparently that girl rare calls her due to her ambitious character. Making her too busy with work that she didn't even bother to call her sister. More importantly, once when Jisoo call her, the older girl told her the charge for international phone call is too expensive that's why she rarely call her. Jisoo knew it was just an excuse. But well what important is she's happy though.

Right now it's 7pm and it's about time for Jisoo to discharge. Meanwhile for Jennie, she's been waiting for the younger girl back at Jisoo's place. Jennie is keeping herself busy on preparing their dinner. She's making pancakes, mac and cheese, and aglio olio spaghetti for both of them. Since this night will be their last night in New York, she wanted it to be fancy. Going to South Korea to celebrate their anniversary means they will eat a lot of bbq, soju, and other Korean foods they have been craving. Just thinking of it makes Jennie drool.

Once Jisoo open the door of her apartment, she can smell the delicious foods. Must be something fancy. Thought Jisoo.

She gets herself to the kitchen only to find Jennie is busy with the spaghetti that she didn't realized Jisoo had been watching her from the kitchen door that seperates kitchen and living room. A rascal girl she used to be, Jisoo had this thought of surprising Jennie since that girl is so busy with herself. So she went over to Jennie with her feet tip toeing towards Jennie so that she won't get caught by the older girl. Slowly getting closer to Jennie and once she gets so close to the older girl, she wrap her arms around the older girl waist only to make the older girl flinch and scream due to surprised.

"Jisoo! You surprised me!"

"Hehe...surprise" Jennie smiled. She knew she can't get mad at the younger girl. She gave the girl a very faintest smiles before continue what she was doing.

"How is work today?" asked Jennie.

"Oh well everything is great. I visited a lot of patients today and you know how happy I am when they finally discharged from the hospital right? About three patients got discharged today. I know it's not much but it just made my day before getting a vacation" 

"It's a good news then" said Jennie. 

Meanwhile the older girl is busy with stirring the spaghetti, Jisoo can't help but to stare at the older girl. She always been thinking how she is so blessed to have Jennie as her girlfriend. She thought that maybe in the past she had done something so good and now God repay her with someone who is very amazing for her. That she thought she was never enough for Jennie. Morever she thought she would never deserve her. But here she is. Standing right beside the older girl being all amazed by her and thinking how thankfull she is to God.

She can imagine how her life will be in the future with Jennie. Living under the same roof, making a small family together, and just have fun with each other company for the rest of their life. Living together until they were old and then meet again in the after life only to be together again. Jisoo can't help but to form a smile on her face imagining how good it must be to marry a girl like Jennie. After all she can't imagine her future without Jennie beside her. 

"Why are you starring at me like that?" Jennie asked.

"Because you're beautiful. I can't take my eyes off of you"

"Oh no. You're going to far now Jisoo. Get yourself clean up now before I drag you myself to the bathroom" said Jennie because she knew Jisoo hates to take shower.

"I take the risk" said Jisoo grinning.

"Kim Jisoo" said Jennie in a demanding voice.

"Alright, alright"

 

Jisoo with her pajama, walking so cute towards the dining table only to find the most delicious foods serve in a beautiful way she ever saw. Meanwhile Jennie is dress in blue hoodie and short pants. Everything about Jennie is always y in Jisoo's eyes. She can't help but to drool herself.

"Stop it. You're making me nervous" Jisoo smiled.

Both of them hopped in to the dining table and imidietly finished all the foods in a sec. Can't help but the foods taste delicious and they can't hide their raging hungry hormones inside them. 

"Have you finish packing?"

"Just a little more. You finished?" asked Jisoo.

"Yes. I'm so excited to get back tomorrow!" 

"Me too. Are you going to your parent house once we landed?"

Jennie's father had went back to Korea after two years she spent in New York. Once he's back, he decided to bought smaller house since Jennie had moved to New York due to work. So why bother living in a big house when it's only two people live there?

"Yes, of course. But I won't staying there considering they had moved to smaller house and they said they didn't left any room for me so..." 

"No worries. You can sleep in my house. Irene unnie live alone there and even if there is someone else live there, we have plenty of rooms there. After that, we can go to my house and surprise my sister. It's been years since I saw her so I wanted to surprise her"

"Sure. Do whatever you want and wow! My girlfriend came from a very wealthy family"

"My dad owns the Kim Entripise!" Which made Jisoo laughed.

"I know I know. Anyways, let's clean up the dishes and then we go to bed" said Jennie.

"Do I get to do our round today?" said Jisoo with evil smile on her face. Jisoo can't hold her raging hormones inside her.

"No. You don't get to see me tonight. Get to sleep! We have an early flight tomorrow" Jennie commanded.

Even though Jisoo is disappointed, she knew she can't force the older girl because once the older girl said so then she can't have it. Even when she tries to pout and act cute like a little cat, she still won't get it. Sometimes Jisoo can see some of her sister character inside Jennie's. For example, her stubborness. 

~~~

"Good morning" said Seulgi after waking up from a very good sleep. She went down the stairs to the kitchen and find Irene with her apron. Irene had just finished making pancakes and with milk for both of them.

"Morning. You sleep soundly last night"

"Yeah. I guess I'm more tired than you" 

Irene laughed. 

"Oh Irene"

"Yes?"

"Can you do me a favor? Next time, I want to wake up with you still laying besides me. Can you do that?" Irene chuckled.

"Sorry, it's a habit of mine. Okay bear" Seulgi smiled cutely.

Seulgi and Irene sit down on the dining room eating their breakfast while exchanging topic about their work and their plan for this christmas holiday. They plan to go to Jeju Island together with Joy, Wendy, and Yeri. Since it's a long holiday, they thought they should try new adventure out from Korea. Jeju island is the first place for them to explore before going to other places like China, Philipine, Japan, Europe probably. 

For after a years they had came to realized how they really have fun on making plans for their trip or vacation. They can't stop for a minute without thinking the living cost for a week vacation, then what kind of activities they will be doing there, and again Irene couldn't help but to warn Seulgi to stay away from the locals. She thought that they might meet some beautiful locals there and probably some of them will fangirling Seulgi considering how beautiful she is. Their talk will always end with Irene being all jealous even before they manage to go on a vacation. 

Seulgi will always comprehend Irene's behavior. However, she will always convince the older girl that she will never lies down her eyes towards any other girls or boys beside her. After all, Irene is all she ever wanted. Being best friend with the most cheesy person in the world, Seulgi once told Irene that she's her future and that made Irene had goosebumps. For Seulgi it was the most awkward sentence she ever made and promised herself to not said another cheesy words. Even after that she calls Wendy and told her everything while the person on the other side just laughed it out loud.

"So our plan ad been arranged. It's Saturday today. What do you want to do today?" asked Seulgi.

"Hmmm...how about a picnic in the Han River?" Irene suggested.

"Eating ramyun and ice cream for dessert?" Seulgi teased.

"Sounds delicious"

 

Because it's weekend, Minho is having a two days holiday. So today, Irene will drive and she didn't mind though. Driving together with Seulgi had always been her favorite things. Especially back in the days when she pick Seulgi up from her university. 

After they got theirself ready for picnic, they got inside the car and drove off to Hangang River. It's a typical Saturday afternoon. The roads seems crowded with cars and side road seems crowded with people walking to their location. Usually Irene and Seulgi spent most of their weekends in the house. Just wanting to have their moments after a long weekdays in their office. 

But today the weather seems nice and Seulgi felt like it's time for them to go outside and enjoy the weather. Even though Seulgi knew Irene is a home body person, the older girl never rejected her offer to go outside. 

"The weather is so nice today" said Irene.

"I agree"

"Come on. Let's buy ramyun"

They went to the nearest convenience store located in the middle of the park where they will be spending their picnic time looking at the Hangang River infront of them. The Hangang River have always full of people coming here. Either to picnics or doing some exercises. But most of them spend their time by sitting on the park looking at the beautiful scenery of Hangang River.

Everytime they went to Hangang River, they could never forget how they met for the first time. This is the place where they finally introduce each other and also the place where Seulgi finally confess to Irene. This place have a lot of memories of them together. More like this place is where their story begins. It's a memorable place for them. 

Once they bought the ramyun, ice creams, and some drinks for both of them, they picked a spot for them to sit down and eat the delicious ramyun they bought. Under the beautiful sky and the nice weather, they both laugh to each other. Just another typical conversation of them. Throwing several jokes and then stay quiet for awhile only to focus themself on the beautiful views infront of them. While both of them think that everything is okay, none of them knew what will happen in the future. That God had finally decided that this is the time to finally reveal the truth of Irene appearance to Korea. Probably going to be the worst day for Seulgi. 

 

On the other side, a girl with her sunglasses on looking all so fancy and pretty with the clothes she's wearing, she stood in the middle of the airport only to get nostalgic. The place she used to laugh together and finally found her first love. Coming to Korea was never come to her mind after she left the girl. More likely, abandoned her first love. But since she have a girlfriend now, she can't help but to think of how the older girl probably miss her live back in Korea.

With a lot of thinking she came to the hardest decision she ever made. Gave the older girl a vacation to her hometown as their anniversary present had been the best decision ever. Even though ever since the plane landed, she can't help but to think how is the girl she abandoned been doing and she can't lie that she's really nervous right now. After years passes, the memories faded slightly but she could never forget the sad face on the monolid girl face before she left her crying alone in the airport. That last memory of her and her best friend is the hardest memory to let go. 

Meanwhile the brunnette girl walking right behind her after getting herself checked up in the imigration station, coming back here always make her smile. What could possibly go wrong when she cameback to her hometown? The place where she make great memories also bad memories. The memories she made with Joohyun will always remain in her head. It won't ever go away even when she's together with Jisoo. Those memories is just a reminder of who she used to be and she won't ever be the same Jennie again. Following the younger girl, she see the girl is having her time looking around. More like dazing off the air. She wander what the younger girl had in her mind. 

She approached the girl and wrapped her arms around the younger girl shoulders and formed a smile on her face.

"Welcome back to Korea" said Jennie.

"Welcome back home...Jennie" 

Both of them stare at each other. Even though there are a lot of things going on in Jisoo's mind because of the unfinished business with her past, seeing the brunnette girl infront of her just sent the thought away. She can't be anymore happy than being here with Jennie. Before going out from the airport, they shared a moment together with a peck of kissed on the lips then resting their foreheads together before they realesing due to a faint coughed which disturbed their moment. 

They look front only to find two person standing infront of them. The old man dressing so formally with his blue shirt didn't forget to rolled up the sleeves until his elbows formed a naughty smile. Meanwhile the old women standing beside the man, dressing in a beautiful pink plain dress look kind of surprise and also curious. The moment both girls realized who they are, they couldn't hide but to blushed.

"This is Korea. You guys aren't allowed to kissed like that in public places like this" said Mr. Kim who obviously teasing the girls. 

"Appa! Korea and America is the same!" Jennie whinning. The old man laughed. 

Jennie took a glance at Jisoo who is smiling yet can't hide the blush on her face. Since Jisoo had met her father and she remember how that day goes a bit chaos, she make sure it won't happen again twice. It's time to formally introduce her. Thought Jennie.

"Appa, eomma. This is Jisoo. My beloved girlfriend" said Jennie proudly which make Jisoo kind of surprise but at the end she can't help but to formed a smile on her face. Jennie isn't afraid of what her mom will think of her since her father had knew it. Probably he had told her mother about it or maybe not, Jennie could be careless about it. 

"Well, it's nice to meet you Jisoo-sshi. You are very welcome in our family. It's nice to see my daughter had finally found someone for her. Considering all she ever did was studying all the time" said Jennie's mom which kind of surprise Jennie but at the end she become the most happiest person in the world. 

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Ma'am. Jennie have been an amazing girlfriend through out the year. I couldn't be anymore thankfull to have her as my girlfriend" 

"You're good with your words, Jisoo" said Jennie's mom which Jennie had the same thought of her. 

"Alright. You two probably hungry. Let's go back home. Your mom had prepared Korean foods for you guys" 

"I know you guys probably are craving it. Even though New York have Korean restaurants, it won't have the same taste you have here!" said Jennie's mom and both of the girls nodded at the same time. 

 

To both couples is just an ordinary day for them. Meanwhile the trouble is waiting for them at night when finally both couples will meet unplanned. That is when the truth will be unfold. 

 

See you guys in the next chapter! Hope you guys like it! I really put a lot of mind for this chapter that's why it took three days for me to finally write it. Let me know what are your thought about the new chapter. Comments below and I'll make sure to read it! Bye