Time For Us

Fragile

The weather is so nice today. People are walking happily under the beautiful sunlight above them. Unlike the other day, Seoul seems alot crowded today. Maybe some of them feel so grateful for today's weather but not for Seulgi. Since the accident that occured the other day, she haven't feel like herself lately. She feel dispirit everytime she woke up alone in the bed in her old room.

Yeah. She live in her old house which is now belongs to Yeri. Both Yeri and Wendy had knew the story. They have been there for Seulgi all the time. Since Wendy's house is now full with her family since they move back from Canada, Seulgi doesn't want to interrupt them. It's best to stay with Yeri even though she knows how a burdensome that girl is. But overall, Yeri didn't do much. She look more concern everytime Seulgi got home after work. 

After what happened, Seulgi's phone never stop ringing. Especially at night and that calls is none other than Irene. One time, she found Irene was waiting infront of her house and also at her office. Of course Seulgi didn't want to see her and so she did what she have to do to avoid the older girl. She went out from the back door in her office and ran away as soon as possible. Then when Irene was waiting at her house, she decided to wait in a convenience store near her house until Irene went home. 

Ever since then, Irene never stop calling her. Asking her to meet up and they need to talk. Seulgi can't hide her feeling of wanting to meet Irene. She miss the girl so much but it hurt her everytime knowing that Irene is the person who hurt her all this long. Not to mention, lying to her. So for the pass few days, Seulgi ignore every phone call from Irene and completely avoiding her if she happen to come to her office or her house. It hurt her heart everytime she have to do that. But it for the greater good. 

As always she came to work today with her straight face looking like a zombie. No emotion show on her face and her colleagues have been wandering what happened to the charismatin Kang Seulgi. Because lately, the girl seem to dazing off more and she seems couldn't concentrate on her work. None of them dare to ask why. 

~~~

For three day straight, Jisoo got herself living in a hotel not far from her house. Everyday she wokes up with a headache after drinking soju and beers. Lots of bottles of leftover are in the living room and she smell alcohol. After what happened the first day she came to Korea, it was her last day together with Jennie. She miss the girl so much but also she can't hide the pain she have for those years. 

Hearing the truth that Jennie is Irene's ex girlfriend and so it make her the person who had hurted her sister in the past and the fact now she's dating her...she didn't know what to feel. She knows deep down she shouldn't blame it to Jennie and in fact none of them know about this truth before they cross each other. They fall inlove and no one can hold that. 

What pain her the most is that her sister kept that secret all along and she hate herself too for being stupid. Irene had lie to her and even though she wanted to think objectively, she can't. She love Jennie so much but the hatred seems eating her. Three days she spent her time inside the hotel room and went out only to bought bottles of soju then get drunk at night. Until yesterday, she called Jennie because Jennie was the last person who called her which was missed call since Jisoo had been ignoring the older girl since she left that day.

"Jisoo? Where are you? I'm worried about you!"

"Uhh...Kim Jennie is mad...I'm scared" 

"Wait. Are you drunk? Kim Jisoo where are you right now?" 

"Hehe...I don't know. This place look huge! Like your b**bs" 

"S**t. Kim Jisoo wake up. You better not do anything stupid!" 

"OH! Ritzeu Carlton Hotel! *hiccups fancy hotel!" 

"Stay where you are Kim Jisoo. I'm coming"

"Here comes the hero!"

Jennie came not long after she received Jisoo's call. She found Jisoo lying on the floor with bottles of soju and beer around her. Jisoo look so messed up and it pain her. This is her first time seeing Jisoo this hurt and so messed up. For three days straight she had tried to reach Jisoo but the girl ignore her phone calls. She went to every possible places Jisoo will go but Jisoo wasn't there at all.

And she happened to ended up here in the hotel room. Probably crying herself out and drinks lots of soju until she's drunk. Once she found Jisoo in the hotel room, she can't stop blaming herself. It hurt her to see Jisoo's puffy eyes and the smell of alcohol on her. She called Irene not long after she put Jisoo on the couch. Jisoo look completely messed up because she can't even stand up straight. Jennie sit next to Jisoo and just watch the younger girl sleeping soundly.

Jennie thought Jisoo look so peaceful in her sleep and she realized everything must be too much for her to take. She hope that once Jisoo wake up later, she will know that Jennie will always be there for her and that she won't ever hurt her like what she did to Joohyun. 

Half minutes later, Irene came and the look on her face tells everything. Without saying anything, Jennie and Irene brought Jisoo back to Irene's place and none of them talk about what happened that day. They both knew how hard it is for Jisoo and neither of them wanted to talk about it. It just too painful for both girls who happened to be closest person to Jisoo. 

The sunlight has rise up and the sunlight came through the window. The familiar smell of Jisoo's room wake the younger girl up only to look at the watch on her nightstand beside her bed and it says 12 in the afternoon. She realize she wasn't in the hotel room anymore because moments late she realize someone is sleeping besides her. The only person who always succeded on melting her heart and make her so nervous everytime she's around her. 

Staring at the older girl sleeping soundly beside her made her realize she had wasted three days of their vacation only to spent her time drinking to death. She's being reckless and hard headed that the only reason she came to Korea was to make the older girl happy. After all it's her present for their anniversary and yet she ruin everything. Even though she had convinced herself she hate Jennie but it seems her love for the older girl is stronger than everything.  She can't even have herself run away from the older girl once she lies her eyes on her after she wokes up.

She probably had hurted her after she left and the way she acted lately. Giving her the coldest shoulder for the pass three days. Jennie must be hurting alot because of her. If only she's not being hard headed and stupid...

"You're awake" Jennie said with her husky voice.

"Hi" said Jisoo awkwardly and Jennie faintly smile.

"Are you sober yet?" Jisoo nodded.

"Listen, Jisoo. If you're mad at me I-"

"I'm sorry" Jisoo blurt out. 

"I'm sorry I should been more open minded and objective. I-I was drowned with the feeling I had back in the days. Even though I hate Joohyun unnie so much because she lie to me...I still care for her" 

"I know and it's not your fault. It's normal"

"No no. Jennie-ah. I'm sorry for being reckless and stupid. It should be our celebration since I got you ticket to Korea to celebrating our anniversary and I just ruin everything" 

Jennie wake up from her position and sit on the bed facing Jisoo with her concern look on her face. 

"Is that what you had been thinking?" Jisoo nodded innoncently and Jennie sigh.

"I'm thankful for that but I don't think you need to worry about me because we always find our ways back. What you need to concern more is the probelm between you and Joohyun-" said Jennie but was cut by Jisoo

"Right. I'm working on that"

"And Seulgi" Jisoo scouf in disbelief.

"Come on Jisoo. I know it must be hard for you. I've been there okay? When Joohyun came to Korea, she came by to the university where I was working at back in the days. She came here to sort everything out but it didn't ended up good. Then I realize we should finish everything before we could move on from our past. I asked her to come to my office the next and we sorted things out. In a good ways" 

Jisoo sigh. Hurting Seulgi was never her intention. It just she have to do it for the girl to move on from her. Guess she done it the wrong way and she have to make it up to Seulgi. Seeing her standing infront of Joohyun's house the other day with surprise look yet the monolid girl couldn't hide the anger she felt the other day, indicating even years had pass, Seulgi never gotten rid of the pain Jisoo made for her. 

She is wrong and right now pride is not important. What important is finish what she had started and the only way to do that is to apologize to Seulgi. 

"I know it's hard but Jisoo. Please do notice that I'm always here for you. No matter what" Jisoo smile.

"Thank you Jennie-ah and I'm sorry for hurting you" 

"It's okay. You don't have to worry about me" 

~~~

Just like other days, Seulgi finished her work before five in the evening and went out from office. Before she went out from the building she look out the window and notice the familiar car she used to ride all the time. She's here again. Thought Seulgi. Because she had gotten use to Irene coming to her office since day after the accident happened, she walk out from her office heading towards the back door of the building. 

She is sure Irene didn't know she had been using the back door to avoid her during the pass few days. Irene probably didn't know where the back door is so Seulgi is sure she won't see Irene there. But the moment she open the back door, she see the short girl with long black wavy hair wearing her long coat because it's about to get dark and she hates the cold wind.

Both girls staring at each other and Seulgi knew she can't run and avoid the older girl anymore because apparently Irene had knew. To be honest, it pain Seulgi to see Irene's face. She look so stress and sad at the same time. The older girl probably been stressing out lately and Seulgi couldn't denie she also feel the same thing. Waking up alone in the bed when all these years she had been waking up beside Irene and everynight will always cuddle together. All those habits she can't seems to forget it because believe it or not, Seulgi can't live without it. 

She didn't know how much longer she can take it. Ignoring the older girl and stay far away from Irene. But what she did to her it hurt her. It's too painful for her to take it. But she knows what she did right now is the best way for her to think about the future. The future of her and Irene's relationship also to heal her broken heart.

"H-hey" said Irene nervously while Seulgi remain quiet.

"Listen Seulgi"

"I think we need time...Irene" Seulgi blurt out.

The older girl had predicted this will happen. She want to obey what Seulgi said but Gods know when it will take for them to stay away from each other. This is what Irene scared of. Being to far away from Seulgi for who knows when. She can't stand another day without Seulgi waking up besides her. 

"Seulgi I'm so-"

"It's best for us to stay away from each other"

"Until when Seulgi" Irene said desperately.

"I don't know Irene" 

Irene found herself starting to cry and Seulgi hates to see Irene crying like that. Before she walk away from Irene, she stare at the beautiful white pale skin girl who will always have her heart. It pains her to see Irene like this but she knew both of them need time alone. And of course both of them realize they are hurting each other. She walk past Irene and when she stand right beside her, she glance at her not strong enough to hold her tears.

"Stop crying. It's hurt to see you like that and wear more clothes underneath your coat. Winter is coming. You hate cold" said Seulgi before she finally walk away from Irene.

Irene desperately wanted to chase the monolid girl. But her feet feel so weak and she can't stop crying. She fall down on her knees and cry her heart out. This mess started because of her and it hurt her. This is the most painful feeling she ever felt because she is the reason for all this mess.

She is the reason why Seulgi walk away from her and there is distance between them. The younger girl had made it clear that they need space. It only mean that Seulgi doesn't want to see her and she should have stop coming to her office and her house. Irene can't see herself doing that because she can't stand one day without observing the younger girl. That's what she had been doing for the pass few days after that accident and it's been her habit to make sure that Seulgi is alright. But she knew the monolid girl isn't alright. Her face look so stressful and hurt. 

Again the monolid girl has made her decision and she had made it clear. And so Irene must obey to it because this is the risk she was talking about. Not having the time together with Seulgi is her temptation God have given to her. In the mean time she have to deal with the risk and try to do her daily life without Seulgi in it and just by thinking of it already hurting her heart. Like millions of knifes is stabbing her heart. 

 

Once the dark change into bright, Irene open her eyes only to wake up not in her bed room. Still with her clothes she wearing since yesterday with a smell of alcohol, she realize she woke up in the bed where Seulgi used to sleep the first time she came to her house. It just occurs her of how much she really miss the monolid girl and it pains her to remember what Seulgi had said yesterday. Maybe she just have to endure all the pain for not being able to see Seulgi and live her daily life feeling sorry towards Seulgi for who knows when it will finish. She just have to endure it.