I'm Here

Fragile

The next day, Seulgi and Wendy went to the university. What happened yesterday at Irene's house remain unspoken. Neither both of them didn't want to talk about it. Wendy know her best friend needs time and it's not right to rush thing. So in the meantime she remain quiet and stay beside Seulgi if anytime she wants to talk about it, Wendy will always be ready for it.

Meanwhile, Seulgi doesn't have the spirit to start a new day. She still drown in sadness. Unlike the usual days, today she wear black hoodie and jeans. Even though the wheather wasn't that cold, she prefer to wear hoodie. The purpose on that was to hide the scars she made yesterday. That was her first time doing it and somehow she felt okay while doing it. Like she felt that was the right thing to do. 

Wendy notice how Seulgi look so dark today. She thought that probably Seulgi still upset of what happened yesterday and she still drown with herself. Wendy wanted to ask how is she feeling today but it seems not Seulgi didn't want to talk about it. So Wendy just let her be. 

During Professor suho lessons, Wendy found how Seulgi look a little bit odd. She seems not focusing on the lessons and it really bothers her. Seulgi is that kind of nerdy who usually focus during classes. But seeing how she seems lost during lesson, Wendy kind of worried.

After Professor Suho class ended, Wendy watch how Seulgi literally walks. Her head were hanging down, her gaze looking at the floor while walking, and her body seems in low spirit. Wendy really feel sorry for Seulgi. She hates how she had made Seulgi remember Jisoo again. She thought that Seulgi had forgotten Jisoo alittle. But it seems Jisoo still have so much effect on her. 

This cannot be good. I need to do something! Thought Wendy.

"Ya, Kang Seulgi! Where are your spirit? Let's go to the arcade! I will make you smile for today!" said Wendy while wrapping her arms around Seulgi's shoulder with a little jump since she's shorter than Seulgi.

"I'm not into arcades for today, Wendy"

"Oh come on! Please! I know you still wanted to take revenge because I won against you last time" 

"I-I don't know, Wendy. I really don't want to"

"Please, please, please!" said Wendy while giving Seulgi her puppy eyes which Seulgi really hates it and at the end she give up.

"Alright" 

"ASAP!" 

After that, they went straight to Wendy's car and drove off to their usual arcades place.

~~~

"I want this project to be our main focus. Please arrange a meeting with the board member. We will need to discuss about this project with them" said Irene to her assistant before leaving the elevator and walking towards her office.

Soon after she arrived in her office, Irene sit on her chair and stare outside her office window only to see the beautiful view of Seoul. Lately she had a headache due to office matter and she had been busy since morning. That's this morning she didn't drove Seulgi to her university. 

She found it odd actually. Usually Seulgi will ask her where is she going and why she can't pick her up. But today Seulgi just replied with an okay. Irene was about to ask her what is wrong with, did anything happened, but she was disturb with office matters. So she have to deal with it.

Another odd things happened. Seulgi didn't left her any messages. She knew something is wrong with the girl. Especially after Seulgi didn't accept any of her calls. Irene become worried, wondering where the girl is. Seulgi never been like this with her. She always answer her calls and replied to her messages. Because Seulgi didn't answer her call, she decided to call Wendy.

But to her dissapointment, Wendy didn't answer too. She become really worried. Irene afraid if anything happened to both of them. Especially the monolid girl. She knew Seulgi states yesterday. That girl was having a hard time yesterday and she knew she needs time. Maybe that is the reason why she replied so short to her messages. Really. Knowing how fragile Seulgi is just made Irene become more worried of her. She need to see her. 

She's afraid if anything bad happened to Seulgi, Irene can't forgive herself. She had swore to protect her and always by her side. What does it makes her if she broke that promises? She will blame herself for the rest of her life. Irene took all her belongis, run to the elevator, and rushing to her car only to meet Minho who look extremely confuse.

"Minho take me to the university"

"Yes, Joohyun-sshi"

 

By the time Joohyun arrived in the university, she look around the campus garden to the science building only to find no one there. Seulgi and Wendy was no where to be found. She look at the time and it's 5 in the evening which means Seulgi and Wendy had finished their classes. 

Irene sigh. Where are you guys? 

Irene is thinking of where could they possibly go. But those girls didn't really have usual place outside the campus. Irene found herself dead end. She groan in frustration. 

"Irene-sshi?" 

She turn around only to see the least person she wanted to meet. She sigh.

"Ah, Professor Suho" 

"Oh. You remember my name" said Suho and he grin in happiness. Meanwhile Irene find him weird and she could only roll her eyes.

"What are you doing here, Irene-sshi?"

"I'm looking for my friend actually. But it seems..."

"My class had ended since three hours ago. Wendy and Seulgi...right?" 

"Yes" 

This guy. He probably been watching Wendy and Seulgi since he knew Seulgi is close with me. What a jerk. Thought Irene.

"They are my student. Really smart girls" 

Irene just nodded and ready to go when Suho hold her hand. She is surprise with the sudden contact. She hates when any men touch her. Irene glare at Suho giving him the most obvious "Don't touch me if you don't want to get hospitalized". 

Suho seems to realized it and so he let go of his grip and clear his throat. 

"Well...umm... since you came here with nothing, why don't you grab a tea in my office?" said Suho seems like he didn't notice how Irene dislike him.

"Look, professor. I didn't mean to be rude but I don't like you. Even if you want to try I suggest you to give up. To be more specific, I don't like guys. So will you excuse me?" said Irene didn't even care of how surprise Suho looked. 

She didn't like how Suho keeps on wasting her time for a closure when she really didn't like that guy. The first time they met, Irene had been nice because she didn't want to be rude to people. But clearly she made sure that guy notice how she didn't like to be close with them. 

Since Suho had cross the line, Irene didn't have much choice. She straight to the point where she told him she didn't like guys. It's the best way to make them stay away from her. 

Since Irene got nothing, she decided to go to Seulgi's house. It's about to get dark and she knew that girl would never come home late even if she's with Wendy. Because she have her cousin at home. Seulgi will only come home late when she's with her. The past one month, Irene had learnt alot about Seulgi's routines. That girl is just too easy to read just like her. 

When she arrived at Seulgi's house, she tries to call the girl but she didn't answer to any of it. She decided to ring the bell only to found Seulgi's cousin opening the door for her.

"Who is it?" shout the girl behind the door.

"I'm Irene. Seulgi's friend. Is she at home?" 

Yeri open the door only to be amazed by Irene's beauty. Meanwhile Irene found Yeri cute with open just like a child admiring their toys.

"Umm...s-she's not home yet"

"Ah, I see. Okay then I'll be waiting for her in my car"

"Y-you can wait inside" Irene smile.

"No thanks. I'll be waiting outside" 

"O-okay"

Irene decided to wait inside her car. She wanted to see Seulgi as soon as the girl arrive at home. She wanted to hug her so bad. She can't deny she really worried for the girl and knowing that she can't find where the girl is, really bothering her mind. 

20 minutes, 25 minutes, 30 minutes. Irene never had her eyes off from the window cars. Not for long, Irene can see a car stop infront of Seulgi's house and the girl she had been searching finally come out from the car.

She's wearing black hoodie and jeans. The weather is not that cold and Irene find it quiet odd for Seulgi because as far as she knows, Seulgi hates hot weather. 

Before Seulgi step inside her house, Irene come out from her car and shout Seulgi's name. Only to find Seulgi looking so surprise. Irene run towards Seulgi and hug her as soon as she reach her. Meanwhile the younger girl look abit confuse but at the same time awkward. 

Seulgi still can't stop thinking about her feeling towards Irene. Mostly she's been struggling with herself. How she still hates herself for being so weak and coward. After going to the arcade with Wendy, she felt peace only for awhile. When she finally arrived at home, she feel the sadness...again. She can't get rid of the sadness and still drown with her own mind. 

But apparently the girl who made her feel like this, is here. Hugging her so tight. At some point she felt happy but she wonder what made the older girl like this. 

"Where have you been? I'm so worried! You didn't answer any of my calls and you didn't replied any of my messages!" Irene whinning.

"Ah...I-I'm okay, Irene. I just..." 

Seulgi didn't know what she have to say. She wanted to scream at Irene. She wanted to tell her everything she felt. How she struggle dealing with the demons inside her. She wanted Irene to know that but her words stuck in . Not wanting to say it out loud. More than that, she doesn't want Irene to be worried. She doesn't want the older girl to know she's been struggling. 

She's just glad to see Irene here even though she's the girl who have been in her mind lately. 

Irene release the hug only to see Seulgi's poker face. She wonder what really bothering her mind. This isn't just like Seulgi. 

"Are you okay, Seulgi?"

No. No I'm not, Irene.

"Y-yeah. Sorry. I was with Wendy. We went to the arcade after class" 

I know you're not okay. Stop lying. When will you open yourself for me? Thought Irene.

Irene nodded. She knew something is bothering the younger girl but Irene never wanted to push Seulgi. She wanted to let Seulgi know that she can be trusted. The only way to earn Seulgi's trust is to let her know that she's here. Irene is never going anywhere. 

To do that, Irene got an idea. Something she had always wanted to do to someone she love. She hadn't done it with Jennie but she plan to do it with Seulgi. After all she know Seulgi needed something to ease her mind and Irene know the best place for it. 

"Seulgi-ah"

"Oh? Wae?"

"Let's go to Namsan Tower"

"Oh? Right now?" asked Seulgi which earn a nod from Irene who excitedly drag Seulgi to her car. Not even waiting for Seulgi respond.

~~~

As usual the Namsan Tower is full of people. Crowded to be exact. Lots of couple coming here to enjoy the night sky and the beautiful view of the city from the top. They came here to enjoy the beautiful view while eating hot ramyeon. Soon when they arrived, Irene drag Seulgi out from the car and just hold her hand there. 

Irene seems didn't mind though but Seulgi...she's been so nervous ever since Irene hold her hand. To be honest people are staring at them. Two beautiful girl holding each other hand. Seulgi feel uneasy and she was about to let go of Irene's hand but Irene notice it. She took Seulgi's hand again only to hold it even more tight. 

Seulgi surprise at how Irene beiing so protective and surprise to see the girl didn't seem bother by people staring at them. Before they continue walking, Irene stare at Seulgi and smile. Giving the girl a smile showing that it's okay. Like action wasn't enough for Seulgi, Irene speak.

"It's okay, Seulgi-ah. Don't ever let go of my hand because I won't"

For awhile, Seulgi remain quiet. She's trying to understand what Irene said and she wanna make sure that everything will be alright. It's not because she doesn't trust Irene, it just she's afraid. She still traumatic of what happened to her in the past. 

And it seems Irene notice it. 

"Seulgi-ah. You can trust me. Everything will be alright" 

A bit hesitate but at the end Seulgi nodded and it make Irene smile.

Both of them walk together hand in hand exploring Namsan Tower with laughter fill their night. 

They went to the place where people lock a padlock on the wall. Lock love. It look beautiful how those padlocks hanging on the wall with different kind of color. Lots of couples coming here writing on the padlocks and hang them on the wall. It's kind a like a symbol. Symbol of commitment between couples. That their love will stick together forever. 

Irene wish someday she will get the chance to hang a padlock with her and Seulgi's name written on the padlock. Together they throw the keys and their love will stay forever. But all of it ended with hope. She's just a friend for Seulgi and it's okay. If it's the only for her to stay close to Seulgi, she's okay with it. 

Seulgi on the other still can't stop thinking about her feeling towards Irene. Being here together with Irene, she realized she's been doing something new everytime she's with Irene. That girl always brought her new adventure and everytime they are together, her heart beats so fast. The way the older girl treat her and the way Irene look at her with those beautiful eyes, Seulgi couldn't stop herself from admiring everything the older girl did to her. 

Being here in Namsan Tower with Irene felt like her broken heart is starting to heal. If only Irene didn't came, she probably in her room, hurting herself...again. Staring at the beautiful view of Seoul from the top here it felt like peace. Especially with Irene by her side. 

Both of them stand behind the railing to admire the beautiful view of Seoul at night. Lights in the city shine so bright and it look really amazing from up here. Irene look so happy that she can't stop herself from smiling. While Seulgi on the other hand can't stop herself from staring at Irene. She study everything about the older girl starting from her beautiful side profile. 

Her beautiful white pale skin, her small body, and her beautiful doe eyes. Seulgi couldn't stop herself from staring at Irene. She found the older girl really beautiful not just physically but mentally beautiful. She recalls how Irene always been by her side for the past one month. How Irene always take cares of her and never leave her side. How Irene look so concern everytime she look tired. Upon remembering that, Seulgi couldn't help but to smile. 

She realized her feeling for Irene is real. Not because she misses Jisoo but because she really love Irene. She was blinded by her fear. Fear of the same things on the past will happen again. Those fears made her blind. She shouldn't have scared. The world is changing and the girl beside her is the one who open her mind. Seulgi realize how precious Irene is. She should have realized it sooner. Fear made her blind.

Today Irene made her realized that those fears doesn't apply in this time. And Seulgi had her decision. But even though she had her final decision, the fear of losing someone is still in her. Only that she didn't know what will happen next.

Jisoo-ah. I guess starting from now on, I will stop loving you. I will stop trying to reach you. I think I had enough with it and it's time for me to move on from you. I know. I'm sorry for taking this long to finally move on from you. I found someone new- Kang Seulgi

 

After taking so long standing beside the railing and admiring the beautiful view, they decided to take a sit on a bench near the Namsan Tower. Both of them still holding each others hand and they seems get really use to it. For awhile, they sit in silent before Irene speaks up.

"Would you like some hot choco?"

"That will be great" said Seulgi with a warm smile. 

"Okay. Stay here. I will buy it" Seulgi nodded.

It made Seulgi smile on how Irene look so small when she walks away. She can't help but to smile and giggled. 

While waiting for Irene, Seulgi spend her time watching the stars that shining so bright in the sky. She wonder when was the last time she spend her time looking at the sky. Just to admire the beautiful night sky. She used to do it together with Jisoo in the past and ever since then she never done it. But today, she had the chance to do and it's because of Irene.

She smile at how Irene really made her day feel better. 

Time pass real quick. Seulgi didn't realized Irene had gone too long until the rains starting to pour. The weather forecaster predicted today will be sunny. But apparently it's not. Seulgi stand up and try to look for Irene to the place where they sell the hot chocolate. But only to her surprise she didn't find the older girl there. 

The rains begin to pour quickly. It begins to rain cats and dogs. Seulgi begin to worried. People starting to run to the safe place and it become too crowded. Seulgi couldn't see clearly. Her vision become blurry and she found herself hard to breath. She keep on shouting Irene's name.

"I-Irene! I-Irene!" 

Her clothes starting to get wet and she didn't care. She keep on looking for Irene but she can't find her. Her heart begins to beat so fast, her breathing aren't steady, and her vision starting to get even more blurry. She might get herself blackout. 

Seulgi's crying. She's crying of fears. Being alone in public place makes her remember how Jisoo left her in the past. The feel of being left alone and no one there to help her. Seulgi fall down on her knees, drowning in tears. She hates this feeling of being alone in public place. It triggered her and the only person who can help her isn't here. She's crying for help but she can't scream. She cry under the hard rain. 

She recalls back what happened that day. When Jisoo left her alone in the airport without saying any goodbyes. Leaving her in South Korea with people staring at her looking disgust on her. She's scared. 

The rains seems won't stop and Seulgi found herself stay there without even care about the rain. She wanted to go but she can't move her body. She freeze on her spot crying for help. That's when Irene look very surprise under the umbrella she just bought in the nearest mini market. 

Irene didn't left Seulgi. After she bought the hot chocolates for both of them, she felt water on her hands. She realized it's going to rain soon. So she went to the nearest mini market to bought an umbrella. She didn't realized the rain will be cats and dogs. By the time she went out from the minimarket, she realized the place is empty. Irene began to panic. She search for Seulgi and found her kneeling down on the floor. Irene is surprise to see Seulgi on the floor kneeling. 

She didn't think anything. Irene ran towards Seulgi didn't mind the hot chocolates she bought. She throw them away together with the umbrella. Together with Seulgi, she got herself wet because of the rain. But it didn't matters now. What matters is Seulgi. Irene can hear Seulgi is calling her name under the rain. She's screaming for her name and crying. It really broke her heart. Seeing Seulgi in this state. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have left her. Thought Irene.

"Seulgi? Seulgi? Can you hear me?" 

It took several times for Irene to finally get Seulgi's attention. She can see how red Seulgi eyes were and how pale Seulgi's face is. Irene's heart broke into pieces seeing how Seulgi look so hurt and fragile. The moment their eyes met, Seulgi call Irene's name weakly.

"I-Irene?" 

"Yes, Seulgi. It's me"

"Y-You're h-h-here"

"Yes. I'm here Seulgi-ah. I'm here. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you" 

"P-please d-don't l-leave me. I-Irene"

"I'm here Seulgi. I'm here. I'm sorry" 

Irene didn't hesitate to hug Seulgi. She hugged her and patted her back. Irene couldn't help to feel so guilty. She shouldn't have left Seulgi alone. Seeing how Seulgi look so scared in fears of being alone really broke her heart. Irene had promised to take care of Seulgi, to heal her, but it seems she had failed. She could been better. 

Under the hard rain, both of them stay in that position didn't mind the cold wind touching their skins. 

"I'm sorry Seulgi. I'm sorry. I promised you to always by your side but I failed. I'm sorry"

~~~

With Minho's help, he help Irene bring Seulgi to her bedroom. She won't take risk leaving Seulgi in the guest room. She doesn't want the younger girl to wake up in the morning alone. She wanted Seulgi to know that she's right here. Right beside her. 

Minho put Seulgi's body gently on Irene's bed and Irene said thank you before Minho left the two of them alone. Still with the wet clothes, Irene quickly changes her clothes to a dry one and search for a suitable clothes for Seulgi. Since her clothes size is smaller than Seulgi, good thing Joy left some of her clothes in her closet. 

She took one of Joy's pajamas, take a towel to dry Seulgi's body. The younger girl had fallen asleep since they got back to the car and Irene didn't want to wake her up. Seulgi look so peaceful while she's sleeping and Irene didn't want to disturb her. It seems Seulgi is sleeping so well that she never wakes even after she being move to Irene's bedroom. 

Irene take a sit beside Seulgi and without hesitation, she took of Seulgi's hoodie and jeans. She's thinking of changing Seulgi's undergarment since it also wet...but she think it won't be appropriate and Seulgi probably won't feel comfortable about it as soon as she wakes up. So Irene let it be. 

For awhile, Irene couldn't help but to mesmerized by Seulgi beautiful body. It is well built especially her abs. Her abs is surely angry. Irene quickly shake all of her dirty thought and begins to wipe Seulgi's body. While doing it from her face, down to her chest, and then to her hands, Irene stop the moment she reach Seulgi's left hand. 

She really wanted to close her eyes hoping what she saw isn't real. Those scars. Irene knows it very well. The scars form lines and leaving marks on her hands. Cutting. Irene can't believe Seulgi did cutting to herself. She thought Seulgi had gotten better but it seems it just got lot worse. 

The scars looks new and Irene guess it happened yesterday. She knew she shouldn't let Seulgi went home. She knew that girl wasn't feeling like herself yesterday after Wendy asked her that question. She shouldn't let that girl alone. She should have been there for her and she can prevent this to happened. But again Irene had failed and she's mad. She's mad at herself because she can't protect Seulgi. 

That moment, Irene made another promise. She will never leave Seulgi's side. Even when Seulgi push her away she won't obey it. She will be stubborn. She won't leave Seulgi. Not again. 

"Seulgi-ah. Please know that I'm always here. I'm here for you. You can trust me. I'm sorry for leaving you alone. I won't do that again" 

Irene continues to wipe Seulgi's body, put the clothes on, and took the first aid kit. She smear the medicine on the scars and put band aid to prevent infection. After that she went to bed beside Seulgi and it took awhile for her to finally fall to sleep. 

 

 

HI!!! So how was it? This is the longest chapter I ever made. Longer than the previous chapters! Please leave comments and share your thought about this chapters. Hope you guys like it with the new chapter. I promise you guys Seulrene will get together soon! Just wait for it! I'll make it romantic...I promise. Also I wanted to say sorry because of the grammar error. English is not my first language. But I still try my best to minimize the errors. Hope you guys still can catch up with the story! okey! Enjoy! Stay safe everyone!