The Gangster Who Loved Me - Chapter 24

The Gangster Who Loved Me

Dongwoo was surprised when the men in suits took over the fight, allowing him a chance to catch his breath.  Though the smiling young man with the gun was not present, Dongwoo recognised that these men with swords were the same group that had attacked him before demanding to know Woohyun's whereabouts.  Why were they now taking orders from Woohyun?

"Are you hurt?" Woohyun asked as he checked Sunggyu for injuries.

Sunggyu shook his head.  "What happened to you?" Sunggyu asked.  "Did those people do anything to you?"

"I'm fine," Woohyun assured him as he glanced at the men engaging in battle with the mercenaries.  "Come on, let's get out of here."  He dragged Sunggyu onto his motorcycle then glanced at Dongwoo, who was standing there looking confused at the whole situation.  "Dongwoo, let's go."

They rode off as the two groups continued to battle.

Sitting in a black car not far away, the young man watched as Woohyun and Sunggyu headed down the road with Dongwoo following behind.  He then took out his phone and dialled.

"He took off," he informed the person on the other line.  "Need to me follow?"

"No need," came the reply.  "I promised I would give him a few days grace.  Just let him be for the time being.  If he does not come back after that then we will deal with it."

"Yes, Sir."


After riding for some time, they finally arrived at a secluded yet luxurious looking cabin in the mountains.  Woohyun led Sunggyu inside while Dongwoo stood wondering how Woohyun could afford such a place.

"Where are we?" Sunggyu asked as Woohyun escorted him into one of the bedrooms.

"Don't worry, it's safe here," Woohyun assured him.  "It's late.  You must be tired.  You should get some rest."

"Woohyun," Sunggyu called just as Woohyun attempted to leave the room.  "What happened before?"

Woohyun turned back to face the older man.  He knew what Sunggyu wanted to ask.  Sunggyu had heard him give out the order to kill.  Finally, he let out a resigned sigh.

"Those people that were looking for me," Woohyun began.  "I made a deal with them so they won't bother us again."

Sunggyu was afraid to ask what the deal was but the thought of not knowing worried him greatly.  He was worried for Woohyun, worried that Woohyun was going to get himself in trouble.

Woohyun could see the worried frown on Sunggyu's face.  "You don't have to worry," Woohyun assured him.  "It's nothing dangerous."

Sunggyu knew that Woohyun was not going to tell him the truth.  "Woohyun, there's something I have to tell you," he began solemnly.

"What is it?" Woohyun asked with concern.

Sunggyu contemplated a moment.  He wanted to tell Woohyun about what he had learnt about himself but he was afraid what Woohyun might think.  "I may not be who you think I am," he said.  "Those people before, they're not the bad guys, I am.  I'm a ruthless killer and a traitor that's why they were after me."

Woohyun frowned upon hearing those words.  Why was Sunggyu saying these words?  He looked at the older man who was anything but a ruthless killer.  "Those words don't match you," said Woohyun.  "I don't care what you are.  If anyone does so much as to even lay a finger on you, they'll have me to answer to."

Sunggyu was speechless.

"Get some rest," said Woohyun.  "I'll go see what food what have in storage."

Woohyun walked out of the room and headed towards the kitchen.  Dongwoo, who had heard their conversation from outside their door, followed him.

"They were mercenaries," Dongwoo informed when he walked into the kitchen.  "Apparently someone's put out a reward on him.  If he's just a simple blind man, why would someone want him dead?  Aren't you interested in knowing who he really is?"

Woohyun scoffed.  "It's not like we're the good guys either."

Dongwoo sighed.  It seemed Woohyun had made up his mind about Sunggyu.  There was no convincing him.  "What about the Damyeon clan?  Are you working for them now?"

"Something like that," Woohyun replied.


Under the cover of night, he stepped outside and surveyed the surroundings.  He then took his phone and dialled a number.

"Yeah, it's me.  We're at a cabin in the mountains."