The Gangster Who Loved Me - Chapter 17

The Gangster Who Loved Me

Woohyun's eyes widened in surprise.  "Who are you?" he asked.  "Where's Dongwoo?  What did you do to him?"

"He's a stubborn one.  I gave him a choice.  He didn't take it," said the voice.

Woohyun frowned in anger.  "Where is he?"

"Do you have time to be worrying about other people?" the voice asked mockingly.

Woohyun immediately ended the call and looked at Sunggyu.  "We have to go," he sad in a panic, grabbing Sunggyu's hand.  "They're coming."

"Who are they?" Sunggyu asked in confusion.

Before Woohyun could answer, the front door to Sunggyu's home flung opened.  The noise startled Sunggyu.  Woohyun looked towards the door.  It was too late.

Men in black suits armed with swords entered the house and surrounded them.  The last person to step through the door was a young man neatly dressed in a black suit.  He was the only one unarmed.

"Found you," said the young man with a malicious smile.  "Let's go."

Woohyun immediately pulled Sunggyu to stand behind him but refused to comply.

The smile disappeared from the young man's face and was replaced with a frown.  With a nod of his head, the armed men advanced on Woohyun.  Seeing the men approached him Woohyun pushed Sunggyu aside as he took them on.

Unlike the thugs he had faced before, Woohyun knew what these people were capable of and what lengths they would be willing to go to achieve what they wanted.  Despite this he couldn't give up.  He snatched a sword from his attacker and fought back.

Sunggyu could only stand and listen anxiously to what was going on.  He could hear the sounds of furniture breaking and people fighting.  It sounded like chaos.  It worried him that he could not see what was happening.  Who were these people?  Why were they after Woohyun?

Before he could ponder any further, he felt something pressed against the side of his head.  Even without seeing it, he knew what it was.

Woohyun froze the moment his eyes caught sight of Sunggyu.  He glanced at the young man standing beside Sunggyu with the gun in his hand.  The young man flashed him a smile and placed his finger on the trigger threateningly.  He not say anything but his actions were enough for Woohyun to understand.  In any other circumstances Woohyun would fight until his last breath, but seeing Sunggyu with a gun at his head instilled fear in him that he had never felt before.  The thought of anything happening to Sunggyu was unthinkable to him.

"Don't hurt him," Woohyun warned in a stern voice.  "He doesn't know anything.  He's just a blind man."

The young man glanced at Sunggyu and smiled before casting his eyes back to Woohyun.  "How does it feel?" he asked Woohyun mockingly.  "To have something to lose?"

Woohyun glared at the young man in silence.  He did not want to entertain him with a response.

The young man seemed amused and smiled, despite the death glare directed at him.  "Scary, isn't it?" he continued.

Woohyun swallowed the lump in his throat and dropped the sword in his hand.  "Let him go," he said.  "I'll go with you."

With a nod of the young man's head, two men grabbed Woohyun's arms and twisted them behind his back and escorted him out.

"Woohyun," Sunggyu called out with concern.

With a heavy heart, Woohyun took one last look at Sunggyu before he disappeared out the door without a word.

"Woohyun," Sunggyu continued to call out, hoping for a response.

"Who would have thought that a mad dog like him could become a tamed puppy?" mocked the young man.  "He gave himself up because of you."

Sunggyu's face faltered upon hearing the young man's words.  So I was a burden after all, he thought.

The young man continued with his mocking.  "Don't you feel special?"

"Who are you people?  Where are you taking him?"  asked Sunggyu.

"Shouldn't you be concerned about yourself?" the young man asked.

There was a thud then everything went black.