The Gangster Who Loved Me - Chapter 14

The Gangster Who Loved Me

Sunggyu felt a sharp pain in his chest when he heard Woohyun's words.  He always knew that his lack of sight was a burden to those around him, but to hear those words from someone who he never thought would say them hurt a great deal.  He was shocked and speechless.

"Just as Dongwoo said, I could have taken down those punks but because you were there I was distracted," said Woohyun.  "I had to worry about your safety because you're blind and can't fend for yourself.  You really are a burden."

Sunggyu had to bite his lip to hold back the tears but it was all too much.  Silent tears strolled down his cheeks.  "I...I'm sorry for causing you trouble," he said as he lowered his head.

When Sunggyu turned and walked away, Woohyun heaved a deep sigh.

Dongwoo couldn't help but feel as though he had just witnessed a lover's breakup.  Despite Woohyun's words, he could see the pain in his eyes.

"The Ice King really is the Ice King.  That was harsh," said Dongwoo.  "I don't know what your relationship is but if you don't mean it, don't say it.  He looked devastated."

Woohyun let out a deep breath.  "Can you make sure he gets home safely?"

Dongwoo sighed.  "If you're worried about him then why did you push him away?"

"Ever since we've met I've only ever brought trouble for him," said Woohyun, recalling Sungyeol's words which he had overheard that night.  "He'll be safe if he stays away from me."

Their conversation was interrupted when they heard the sound of tyres screeching.  Woohyun's eyes widened in horror at the thought of what it might be.  He quickly made his way out the door but Dongwoo stopped him.

"You're injured.  Stay," said Dongwoo pulling him back.  "I'll go check it out."


By the time Dongwoo came down, he could not see Sunggyu anywhere.  He looked up and down the street but there was no sign of him.  He wondered where the older man could have gone so quickly.  Moments later Woohyun arrived down despite being told to stay put.

"Where is he?" Woohyun asked, looking around for the older man.

Dongwoo shrugged then noticed the blood seeping through Woohyun's shirt.  "Look at you.  I told you not to run around."

Woohyun was too concerned for Sunggyu's safety to worry about himself.  He frantically searched for Sunggyu until he saw a small blood stain on the ground.


Sungyeol was no longer surprised when he heard the doorbell ring at that time of the night.  He opened the door and sighed when he saw Woohyun with a frantic look upon his face.  He also noticed the blood stain on Woohyun's shirt, but before he could even ask anything, Woohyun cut him off.

"Have you seen Sunggyu?" Woohyun asked anxiously.

Sungyeol frowned.  "I would assume he's at home sleeping like any normal person would be at this time of the night."

"If you hear from him, please let me know," said Woohyun and he left before Sungyeol could say another word.

Sungyeol closed the door and began making his way back to bed.  As he was pondering what was going on, he heard his phone ring.  He wondered who could be calling at this time of the night.  He glanced at the number and frowned when he did not recognise it.


Sungyeol rushed to the hospital as fast as he could.  He made his way through the corridor until he arrived at the room number he was given.  He knocked and entered the room only to bump into someone who was on their way out.

"I'm sorry," the stranger apologised.

Sungyeol looked and saw a rather good looking man standing at the door.  For someone who is blind, Sunggyu sure knows how to find them, thought Sungyeol.

"You must be Sungyeol," said the stranger.

"Who are you?" Sungyeol asked.

"My name is Myungsoo."