The Gangster Who Loved Me - Chapter 12

The Gangster Who Loved Me

Whilst sitting on the back of Woohyun's motorcycle Sunggyu felt droplets fall onto his hand which was wrapped around Woohyun's waist.  Before Sunggyu could even ponder what it was, Woohyun quickly wiped it off.

"What was that?" Sunggyu asked.

"Just my sweat," Woohyun lied as he increased his speed.

Sunggyu knew that something was wrong when upon hearing Woohyun's rugged breathing.  He slowly raised his hand and felt Woohyun's chest.  Woohyun's t-shirt was soaked but it wasn't sweat.  Sunggyu gasped in shock when he realised what it was.  Woohyun knew that Sunggyu had finally found out but he couldn't stop.  Just a little further and they would reach Sunggyu's home.

"Woohyun, you're bleeding," Sunggyu gasped when he felt blood gushing out from the gash on Woohyun's chest.  "We have to go to the hospital."

Woohyun ignored Sunggyu's words and continued on.  He was unable to catch that second machete so he had used his body to shield for Sunggyu.  He couldn't let any harm befall the older man.

"Woohyun, please," Sunggyu begged as he placed his hands over Woohyun's wound, hoping to help stop the bleeding.

"It's fine," Woohyun assured him.

"It's not," Sunggyu cried in frustration at his own uselessness and Woohyun's stubbornness.


Woohyun finally stopped when they arrived at Sunggyu's house, but even then he was only concerned about getting Sunggyu safely inside despite Sunggyu's plea for him to go to the hospital.  Woohyun barely took a few steps before he collapsed onto Sunggyu.  Panic took over as he held onto Woohyun.

"Woohyun," Sunggyu cried in a state of panic.  "Hospital, we have to get you to the hospital."

"No, can't go to the hospital," Woohyun mumbled in his half conscious state.  "They will find me.  Can't let them find me."


Sungyeol was set on lecturing the both of them for calling him over at this time of night, but he was speechless when he arrived at the scene.  He was not prepared for the sight that greeted him.  There were so many questions he wanted to ask but saving Woohyun's life was more important.


Sunggyu waited anxiously by the bedside as Sungyeol worked on Woohyun's wound.  It worried him greatly that he couldn't see how bad it was but from Sungyeol's lack of talking he knew it was serious.  Sungyeol who always made light of everything was now silent in concentration.  Sunggyu could do nothing more than wait.


Some time later he heard Sungyeol finally breathe a sigh of relief.

"How is he?" Sunggyu asked anxiously.

"I've stopped the bleeding and patched up his wound," said Sungyeol.  "He's lost a lot of blood.  I could only make do with what I had.  For something this serious, he should be going to the ER."

"I know," said Sunggyu.  "But he kept pleading that he did not want to go.  He didn't want them to find him."

"Who are they?" Sungyeol asked.

Sunggyu shook his head.  "I was afraid he might be in some kind of trouble so I rang you instead."

"He looks like the type that attracts trouble," said Sungyeol.  "Ever since you met him, there's been nothing but trouble.  Today it's him.  What if tomorrow it's you lying there?  I think it's best if you stay away from him."


It was quiet when Woohyun regained consciousness.  His eyes stared up at the ceiling for a moment before he realised where he was.  He quickly sat up, only to grimace from the pain in his chest.  He looked down at it and realised that his wound was dressed, but what surprised him more was seeing Sunggyu asleep beside his bed.  It seemed that Sunggyu had fallen asleep while watching over him. 

For a moment, Woohyun sat in silence, seemingly mesmerised by the older man's sleeping face.  This was the man that he was willing to risk his life for without a second thought.  This man stirred emotions in him which he had never felt before.  He didn't understand why.

Until it hit him like lightning strike.

He slowly leaned down and placed a gentle kiss upon Sunggyu's lips.

"I love you."