42 | A Bittersweet Dream

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sometimes life has a cruel sense of humor, giving you the thing you always wanted at the worst time possible."

― Lisa Kleypas

 

Su Min gazed longingly at the man sleeping soundly next to her, and examined the curvature of his bare shoulders and arms—those arms that embraced her ever so gently through the night. Unable to control herself, she brushed a finger gently against his serene face and smiled. This slightest contact was enough to cause a whirlwind of happiness to spiral through every part of her body.

 

Feeling the warmth of her touch on his skin, Kai reached up and took a hold of her hand. He placed a delicate kiss on her palm and smiled sweetly with his eyes remaining closed. He then released her hand, wrapped an arm around her waist, and snuggled in closer, "Good morning."

 

"Good morning," she whispered, combing through his hair with her fingertips.

 

"I love you…" he mumbled as he dozed back to sleep.

 

Su Min widened her smile and planted a light peck on his cheek before quietly slipping out of bed to let him sleep.

 

After putting his long sleeve t-shirt on, she tiptoed to the living room with a cup coffee in hand, and sat herself comfortably on the small couch.

 

Feeling energized, she her computer and checked the work laid out for her for tomorrow. They were returning to Seoul later tonight and she figured she should get some work out of the way. With everything that happened, she needed some time to prepare for more personal matters before they face the rest of s—before they face Chanyeol.

 

Putting her working cap on, she opened her Outlook window, which immediately revealed a long list of emails regarding all things EXO. As their PR researcher/co-manager, her account was set to automatically receive any news relating to the group. After being on vacation for less than three days, she was now faced with a hundred or so messages.

 

Su Min took in a deep breath and began to browse through articles after articles, making sure the members were well-behaved during their vacation, and that everything was as it should be.

 

As she scrolled down the page, a fairly recent video caught her eyes. It was the solo interview Kai did right before the Christmas holiday.

 

Without thinking much into it, she repositioned herself, took a sip of coffee, and pressed play.

 

|| The Interview ||

 

Kai walked into the set wearing his undeniably spellbinding smile—one that caused the audience to scream in excitement. He greeted them first with bows and waves before turning to shake the emcee's hand.

 

He then sat himself across the gentleman and waited for the crowd to settle down. Once they do, he introduced himself, keeping that radiant grin intact on his face, "Annyeonghaseyo, Exo’s Kai imnida!"

 

Again, his fan club cheered, filling the small set with their endless shrills.

 

"Wha~" the emcee bellowed into his microphone. "How come I've never gotten such a response just from entering the stage?" he joked, "Kai-ssi is really something."

 

Kai lowered his head and waved a hand in front of him as if to hide his embarrassment. "No, no. Not at all," he denied, causing another big reaction from the crowd.

 

After some small talk, the emcee finally got to the meat of his interrogation halfway thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter