20 | The Interview

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton asked why."
— Bernard Baruch
 

While the members received their makeup retouches, Su Min headed over to the fifteen girls and reminded them once again how the interview segment will proceed. After answering any last minute questions, and getting a preview of the rather similar topics they wanted to ask, she anxiously took her place as the facilitator.
 
Of course, an actual emcee would've been ideal, but because this was such a last minute addition, she was asked—more so, begged—to take on the task. Now standing beside the overly excited panel of interviewers, she was beginning to regret agreeing to do the job.
 
Just what kinds of answers will EXO have for these heart-tugging, cringe-worthy questions? She wondered.

|| …………… ||

Once stools had been set up, the nine members charismatically walked onto the stage and took their seats with microphones in hand. 

Bringing the mic to his lips, Suho scanned the crowd with a sweet smile and cleared his throat. "Uh, hi everyone," he began shyly with a bow. He looked at Su Min, then at the row of girls, and finally at s. "Wow, what is this? Why am I so nervous?" he confessed as he rubbed his chest lightly. "I'm not really sure how this will go, but why do I feel like I'll be fully exposed by the end of all of this?" he joked, causing laughter across the auditorium.

Adding on to their leader's comments, Sehun turned to the audience and stated his own request. "Please be nice to us!" he whispered playfully into the microphone, which resulted in another round of cheers.
 
Once the room quieted down, Su Min took the chance to start the interview before someone else could interject. With their busy schedules tomorrow, they couldn’t afford to let this mini concert last more than it already has. 

|| …………… ||

The first few questions centered mostly on EXO's preferences and random scenarios, like describing the perfect first date or their ideal first meeting. And from this, Su Min learned a little bit more about the guys:

1. Suho likes long straight hair intellectuals, whose interest includes literature. For him, the perfect first date would be strolling around the crowded areas of  Myeongdong.

2. Xiumin would like someone who's huggable with the ability to comfort others. Snuggling in bed with a movie is preferred over outside adventures.

3. Baekhyun is into women with endless charms and one who can hold her own in video games. For him, the greatest bonding moment would be to laze around for an entire afternoon surrounded by snacks, clearing levels, and defeating bosses together.

4. Chen likes the motherly noonas who knows her way around the kitchen. He considers a lengthy but casual conversation over a home cooked meal to be the perfect date.

5. D.O. would like someone with a kind heart and one who's not afraid to chow down. For him, an ideal first meeting would be at his favorite restaurant, where both of them end up ordering the same thing at the same time.

6. Sehun is also into someone who's kind and tidy with a bubbly personality. More importantly, he wants a respectful partner who will treat his parents well.

7. Lay is into cute and dutiful women, who's also loyal and respectful. For him, an ideal first date would be spending the day at a fruit farm, sampling different kinds of fresh deliciousness.

As for the last two, well…Su Min already had a pretty good idea of their ideals and preferences. Even without their responses, she knew the types of women they were attracted to, how they envisioned meeting her, where they would go for a first date, and so much more. After all, having dated one and the other being her best friend, how could she not?
 
As she went down the line of the remaining interviewers, this pattern of inquiries about desired relationships and dream weddings continued. 
 
So, expecting the final person to stick to the same topic, Su Min c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter